Reduce the minimum listing fee

OrangeManiac

Question

I think there's a major issue with the current GTL. I think GTL is especially good for the fact that you can just buy single 31 Pokemon instead of going your way to ask for it from your friends or go catch one yourself. However, because of the huge supply of the single 31s Pokemon the price of these Pokemon are often really cheap. The average price of a 31 Pokemon goes between 8k to 15k. When you are to sell for 30 breeders, the price for these are even less.

1k listing fee for such a small profit is ridiculously high. It can often be about 10% or possibly even more from the profit you would actually get for the Pokemon. That is a lot. For one single Pokemon you might not notice it but let's say you catch and sell 30s/31s to GTL a lot, thinking that 1 mil of the sold Pokemon you got 100k or more taxed out for basically nothing. It's fairly pointless in my opinion.

I'm suggesting that the listing fee will be reduced to 500. This makes it more likely that the GTL tax is 5% for single 31 breeders as well, just like for other stuff.

I know the biggest fallback in low listing fee is the spammable nature of it. I still think the pros outweigh the cons for the fact that I find the biggest use for GTL is to buy single 31s as well as "clean my boxes" by selling my single 31s and I think this won't be utilized to the max with a listing fee that might take up to 10-15% of the sold price.

Edited by OrangeManiac

6 answers to this question

Well in my opinion it shouldn't be even a minimum listing fee, I think the listing fee should be scaled according to the selling price (which it currently is) but without a minimum value.

Otherwise this is fine but having absolutely no listing fee at all could lead people spam 10 yen oran berries there and the whole front page of GTL is always full of crap. Some kind of listing fee is nice to make sure this wouldnt get completely out of hand but currently it makes the utilization of the service itself limited.

Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I think the current listing fee a good thing. If you are selling things worth buying (31's, for example), then you are still making 85% or more profit. 31's sell pretty reliably too, so that theoretical 85% is actually reasonable because it's less likely that your listing will be lost among the thousands and thousands of shitmon that the GTL is bloated with. 

Honestly, I believe that the minimum fee should be higher to prevent the spamming of low-quality listings (though this might not have the desired effect). Unfortunately, 31's would also be caught in this net. 

If the minimum listing fee is lowered, all Pokemon that are priced for under 20k would cost less to match, essentially making the change pointless.

Well, as much as I hate to admit it, I think the current listing fee a good thing. If you are selling things worth buying (31's, for example), then you are still making 85% or more profit. 31's sell pretty reliably too, so that theoretical 85% is actually reasonable because it's less likely that your listing will be lost among the thousands and thousands of shitmon that the GTL is bloated with. 

Honestly, I believe that the minimum fee should be higher to prevent the spamming of low-quality listings (though this might not have the desired effect). Unfortunately, 31's would also be caught in this net. 

In GTL you can find Pokemon using the search function. Say you were to find Amorphous 31 Defense male, you put these information and you find what is the cheapest in this criteria. It doesn't matter how many shit mons there are in GTL in total. I hope people actually aren't doing buys by staring at the front page of the GTL, that's just kinda ridiculous.

If the minimum listing fee is lowered, all Pokemon that are priced for under 20k would cost less to match, essentially making the change pointless.

Untrue. It's a false assumption that people base their listing prices on the existing taxes only. There just are certain amount of yen a buyer is willing to pay for the 1x31/1x30 Pokemon. If the price is too high, more players just go to catch their own Pokemon - making the market dead. This would mean no one catches to sell in GTL anymore, the supply is lowering and the prices would get even bigger. Luckily the main reason keeping GTL alive is the limited box sizes, people put their stuff there even for lower prices because they simply need space to play.