[8 Gym Challenge] General Thread

<poster>

still editing a few things, wip

Introduction: The PokeMMO 8-Gym Challenge

Welcome, Ambitious Trainer!

If you've ever dreamt of a community-run gym system, well, here is finally the greatest and most successful attempt!

Each gym is tied to one of PokeMMO's top ranking competitive team. Every gym's ruleset is determined by the team that runs it!

So the rules of the event are set up collaboratively by the community.

We are challenging you today to visit all eight gyms, to steamroll all over them, and collect a badge from each!

Truly a perilous, long and tedious journey. One who's completed some of the harshest challenges the greatest competitive teams can set up really has some achievement under their belt. Or, in their badge case. So you are encouraged to try it out! If you are tired of tournament brackets, this is the endgame content you are looking for.

Best of luck!

Participating Teams:

d2a0621b39.png [RÑG] Random Noob Gamers

051b863371.png [RNSC] Renaissance

2b61b447d3.png [ÄURA] Pokémon Aura

c37445e2fd.png [CiX] Cloud Nine

eb2044f9c6.png [PkéM] PokéManiacs

1240a35c81.png [Aw] Asgard Warriors

7395117768.png [ÁvE] Aventerrør

027dad7358.png [LYLE] KingCheerios

Prize:

Upon obtention of your first badge, you will receive your empty badge case in the form of a gif, designed to be added to your forum signature!

It'll feature your name, and you can pick a color other than black!

This badge case will be updated for you every time you obtain a new badge. Try to collect them all, and be the first to be added to the Hall of Fame forever!

ac2c9eb80f.png

Rules for Gym Leaders:

• The idea is to have a challenger defeat a handful of your team's trainers, and then earn the right to challenge one (or more) gym leaders. Your gym needs to loosely follow this idea.
  • Your gym needs to be difficult, but reasonably clearable. Ideally, it should give the feeling of "alright, this guy beat a reasonable chunk of our MVPs, we can call it my team's loss".
  • Only pokemon battles should count as a valid gym battle requirement. Gimmick tiers are fine.
  • You can more or less do what you want in terms of how your gym is run as long as you stick to the guidelines above.
  • Don't do anything dumb.

Rules for challengers:

• When you schedule a match with a gym member, post in this thread around 10 minutes before you begin to battle. This is for spectator convenience, as this is the topic people will be following.
  •  This can be done by the challenger, or by the gym member.
  • Specify what you're battling for. If a badge is on the line, if it's your third match in a required streak, or your first challenge.
  • Post screenshots of the system messages log of who won.
  • Post in here when you earn a badge! This way, your signature can be created / udpated. Be sure to pick a color among these! [spoiler]8ff584762d.png[/spoiler]
  • Don't challenge people or schedule matches in this topic. Do it in team threads, or via PM.
  • Smack talk is fine, but it can also be posted in invididual team threads if it's more relevant there.
  • Don't do anything dumb.

Badge cases In Progress:

SweeTforU (3)

[spoiler]

39ab02c715.png

[/spoiler]

Yangsam (2)

[spoiler]

7045fe5e62.png

[/spoiler]

Gary (2)

[spoiler]

f12c394871.png

[/spoiler]

TheFireLion

[spoiler]

2ec4379a47.png

[/spoiler]

Linken:

[spoiler]

e005bd5bf5.png

[/spoiler]

OrangeManiac

[spoiler]

9266d49061.png

[/spoiler]

Spaintakula

[spoiler]

8a456163c0.png

[/spoiler]

BurntZebra

[spoiler]

9221967a8d.png

[/spoiler]

NightArch

[spoiler]

e781b48eec.png

[/spoiler]

overToasted

[spoiler]

ccebff571b.png

[/spoiler]

Me fighting Schuchty (RNG's gym) right about now, isle 2 gamecorner ch2

Already won randoms yday vs guerinf

Lost OU vs Schuchty

Won UU vs Schuchty again

0xIQb3L.png

^That's the UU one.

^^ Both good games filled with gimmick love

^^Also beat RNG's gym leader, so I guess that's my first badge.

7oTTpBO.png

Just so I don't spam this thread. ShadowGary/Gymleadergaryy is fighting me UU in 5-10 mins for PkeM's gym.

Edited by Spaintakula

Linken:

[spoiler]

e005bd5bf5.png

[/spoiler]

OrangeManiac: I didn't get your color but i'll just assume this is what you want

[spoiler]

9266d49061.png

[/spoiler]

LF Yangsam, Spaintakula, Frags, JIce, XPLOZ, MisterHide, Kingbowser, Zebra's colors

aura's gym leaders aren't getting a badge case yet since well, our gym requires beating two leaders.

With the "you get one win against yourself" rule, well, they need to beat another aura leader to earn a badge kek.

also if gym leaders can send me an ingame sprite of them i have a swag poster idea.

Linken:
[spoiler]
e005bd5bf5.png
[/spoiler]

OrangeManiac: I didn't get your color but i'll just assume this is what you want
[spoiler]
9266d49061.png
[/spoiler]

LF Yangsam, Spaintakula, Frags, JIce, XPLOZ, MisterHide, Kingbowser, Zebra's colors

aura's gym leaders aren't getting a badge case yet since well, our gym requires beating two leaders.
With the "you get one win against yourself" rule, well, they need to beat another aura leader to earn a badge kek.

also if gym leaders can send me an ingame sprite of them i have a swag poster idea.

damn right i beat myself so ima beat everyone else too