Auto remove items from Pokemon in your party.

KaynineXL

Question

9 answers to this question

Good suggestion, I had to do this countless times (like 6x Leftovers heh) and it's always frustrating. A one-clicker would definitely be a cool addition.

Whether they auto remove when you put them in your PC

IMHO this solution wouldn't be too good. I personally like storing Pokemon ready to battle, already holding an item (e.g. Leppa Berry for Metronome Pokes or Thick Club for Marowak). Removing items upon storing Pokemon in PC would make battle preparations longer and generally doesn't feel like a natural mechanism. So definitely a dedicated button would do the job better.

My idea: in the client we have the MENU button in bottom-right of the screen. It opens some more buttons, and PARTY is at the top (correct me if I'm wrong, I can't check this right now). Currently clicking on PARTY button moves the cursor to our party and allows using Arrow/A/B keys to manage the party members. Maybe hovering over the PARTY button could slide another sub-menu on the side, where a new "REMOVE ALL ITEMS" option could be available.
Check out my awesome sketch.
9VmzSSw.png

Maybe in 'settings' -> 'Control' we could have a keybind that removes all items from your Pokemon in your party.

Yes, why not. I'd probably prefer to use it myself instead of going through the menu. But also I think that most (if not all) keyboard actions should have a clickable equivalent in the GUI. Less experienced players may not be used to keyboard shortcuts.
That being said, our ideas could be combined so everyone can use this feature the way they like ;)

hmm.. I like both suggestions really. I have a tendancy to forget which items I have on a pokemon and lose my EXP SHARES in the PC quite often, but you can search the search bar for names of items so that helps. So auto-removing an item when it enters the PC could be a good option.

But I also get the other suggestion of a menu button option rather than auto-removing from the PC because I also have comp-ready battlers I store with their particular items on, and I forget to put them *back* on a lot as well! 

The menu option may be the best way. Or leave it alone and dont change it at all. IDK I may not have helped at all

o-o

Edited by WolfgangDamien

Good suggestion, I had to do this countless times (like 6x Leftovers heh) and it's always frustrating. A one-clicker would definitely be a cool addition.
IMHO this solution wouldn't be too good. I personally like storing Pokemon ready to battle, already holding an item (e.g. Leppa Berry for Metronome Pokes or Thick Club for Marowak). Removing items upon storing Pokemon in PC would make battle preparations longer and generally doesn't feel like a natural mechanism. So definitely a dedicated button would do the job better.

My idea: in the client we have the MENU button in bottom-right of the screen. It opens some more buttons, and PARTY is at the top (correct me if I'm wrong, I can't check this right now). Currently clicking on PARTY button moves the cursor to our party and allows using Arrow/A/B keys to manage the party members. Maybe hovering over the PARTY button could slide another sub-menu on the side, where a new "REMOVE ALL ITEMS" option could be available.
Check out my awesome sketch.
9VmzSSw.png

Instead of Clear Items have it state Take All Items instead, cause a person may think it is deleting the item.

Generally speaking, it's best to just get more of whatever item it is you need to keep out of your PC. For example, if you're worried about removing the leftovers on your Pokemon every time you put them away, I suggest getting more leftovers. They're relatively cheap and are not consumable. If it's something like an Exp. Share or Macho Brace, you may have to just learn to remember to take the item off when you're done using it.

On the other hand, it would be very nice to be able to remove and transfer items between Pokemon while they are in the PC. This was possible in the official games and would be marvelously convenient.