[8 Gym Challenge] KingCheerio Badge (LYLE: KingCheerios)

Challenger History and Lore

Kurodashi has been defeated by the [LYLE] Gym

[spoiler]

NikhilR defeats Kurodashi (OU)

DestructX defeats Kurodashi (OU)

KaynineXL defeats Kurodashi (OU)

DoubleJ 6-0's Kurodashi (OU)

Kurodashi rescinds his challenge.[/spoiler]

Havsha has been defeated by the [LYLE] Gym

[spoiler]

Havsha defeats yangsam (UU)

NikhilR defeats Havsha (UU)

Havsha will rechallenge in one week

[/spoiler]

SweeTforU has been defeated by the [LYLE] Gym

[spoiler]

SweeTforU defeats NikhilR (OU)

Raaidn 6-0's SweeTforU (OU)

SweeTforU will rechallenge in one week

[/spoiler]

DoubleJ has been defeated by the [LYLE] Gym

[spoiler]

KaynineXL defeats DoubleJ (NU)

Fuck you Kay, why did I sack my team unnecessarily and throw away my win?

DoubleJ will rechallenge in one week

[/spoiler]

iSubZero has been defeated by the [LYLE] Gym

[spoiler] iSubZero defeats yangsam

iSubZero defeats KaynineXL

DoubleJ 5-0's iSubZero

gg Brah[/spoiler]

Artemiseta has been defeated by the [LYLE] Gym

[spoiler]

Kanzo defeats Artemiseta (Doubles)

Artemiseta will rechallenge in 1 week[/spoiler]

Thunderpryme has been defeated by the [LYLE] Gym

[spoiler]

Thunderpryme defeats yangsam (OU)

DoubleJ 5-0's Thunderpryme (OU)

Thunderpryme will challenge again in 1 week[/spoiler]

Tyrone challenges the [LYLE] Gym

[spoiler] A description of Tyrones journey shall be provided after his quest has finished [/spoiler]

overToasted challenges the [LYLE] Gym

[spoiler]

overToasted defeats NikhilR (UU)

overToasted defeats Artemiseta (UU)

overToasted defeats DoubleJ (UU)

KaynineXL defeats overToasted (Doubles)

overToasted defeats KaynineXL (NU)

Raaidn defeats overToasted x2 (UU)

overToasted defeats yangsam (UU)

Toast will be the first to challenge KingBowser in UU

[/spoiler]

Edited by DoubleJ

''To challenge our gym leader you must either earn the other 7 badges of the "8 Gym Challenge" or defeat 5 members of the [LYLE] gym. ''

This shouldn't be allowed, every gym is independent of each other, but this way you are putting your gym above the others, I could add as a rule to battle aw gym ''you must defeat the others 7 gym leaders 1st'' or  defeat 5 Aw members, so the first requirement won't make sense.

sure, then nobody gets a badge.

How does nobody get a badge? You can just beat the trainers then beat Bower? The only difference is, if you have managed to beat the other gyms you get a free pass to Bowser.

I really don't see the problem, or are you asking for us to lower the trainer count?

It's fine if you consider yourself the best team in the game and all but having some teams being "the final bosses" just makes the whole Gym Leader Challenge less easy to run. There could be some gyms with the overflow of challengers first and when people get their badges in the end there would be massive amount of people trying to reach "the final boss". In addition, we don't want a pointless debates of who gets to be the final gym so I think for consistency reasons it might be better to take off that rule even if you were to argue to official success or whatever.. this is supposed to be mostly an event for the players so I find it reasonable to have it running as smoothly as possible.

Edit: I mean, yeah you do have the "beat 5 LYLE members" but even that is sorta big number of people do beat even in a such a big team as yours so it would lead people by starting from the other gyms.

Edited by OrangeManiac

How does nobody get a badge? You can just beat the trainers then beat Bower? The only difference is, if you have managed to beat the other gyms you get a free pass to Bowser.

I really don't see the problem, or are you asking for us to lower the trainer count?

the main problem is that you only get 2 chances, if other teams adopt the 'you need 7 badges to face our leader' thing then it means players can be completely locked out of getting all badges.

I don't really care about the free pass rule, but copying your system would be a terrible way to go about the whole event. 

I think everyone is really missing the point of our gym. It isn't easy to beat, nor is it even easy to play KingBowser. If you want to throw a hissy fit about this, then too bad. Just be grateful we didn't turn off all of our lights and create a maze you have to wander through first. If you beat the [LYLE] gym, just know you have really done something worth while rather than just win one match via RNG. 

Edited by DoubleJ

I wish to Challenge Kaynine, NikhilR, Artemiseta, DoubleJ and yangsam.

Tiers: NU and UU.

The tier is up to the players you challenge, but I'm sure the members you've selected will take into consideration the fact that you likely are without OU or Doubles comps. Tyrone is the first challenger of our gym once the PSL4 season has ended. 

It doesn't matter who is copying who, just enjoy it...

Let's grant eachother some enjoyment.

@JJ:

"All challenges will be held in Tournament Mode and can be chosen from PokeMMO OU, UU, NU, or Doubles."

I implied this rule meant I could choose the tiers. I'm fine to adjust to whatever tier my opponents choose though.

It doesn't matter who is copying who, just enjoy it...

Let's grant eachother some enjoyment.

@JJ:
"All challenges will be held in Tournament Mode and can be chosen from PokeMMO OU, UU, NU, or Doubles."
I implied this rule meant I could choose the tiers. I'm fine to adjust to whatever tier my opponents choose though.

It's stated earlier that the member chooses, I should probably reword the line you quoted to avoid confusion though

I feel like it would be better to list tiers each of members that you have listed to give 2 tiers and the challenger picks one out of the two. Being completely at mercy to what the opponent picks can be unfair if you do not play every tier especially considering the amount of people you are required to beat as well as being locked out for losing. Although I will hold any further judgement until we see how it plays out.

Edited by Rendiz