[Denied] Gift shinies for Gift shinies

So recently i was talking to Nikhilr about how crappy it is to have Clamperl as the upcoming prize of the next NU tournament. I wanted it to be gorebyss and somewhere along the way we started talking about our shinies. I noticed Nik was winning all the cool stuff and i was jealous even though i stole azumarill from nik. I was mirin' his breloom, he was mirin' my azumarill. So...

i thought if there was a way we could exchange the two, it'd benefit both of us without breaking the economy as i see no drawbacks.

blame Kaynine

As for the idea, as much as I would love to see it, I think it defeats the purpose of gift comps, and that is to have them unique to your account.

This is one of those times this would be handy huh?

I want a Clamperl, whereas others want Gorebyss. We could trade.

[spoiler]

Clamperl>Gorebyss

[/spoiler]

I recall staff saying that gift shinies were supposed to be trophies but there's no point in having a trophy you won't use / show off if you're not interested in it. If we can exchange gift shinies then its us(e)ability increases.

While this isn't the general case, some players don't participate in officials (PvE or PvP) due to lack of interest in the prize. But if they're interested in a gift shiny that someone else possesses, then they can work up an exchange for a gift shiny that is available or going to available in an upcoming tourney, if they win it. 

I know that some people might think that this method can be abused like people trading two comp shinies for one, or maybe adding money along with it, but I know that if this is given serious thought from a staff perspective, it'd make the comp shinies much more useful. 

I recall staff saying that gift shinies were supposed to be trophies but there's no point in having a trophy you won't use / show off if you're not interested in it.

Isn't that exactly what a trophy is supposed to be like? In all my life, all the trophies I have acquired are now in a box in the attic, and nobody, including myself, gives a fuck about them. Before they ended up in a box, I could occasionally show them off to a friend who dropped by. The amusent lasted for about a fraction of a second. I feel like pokemmo gift shinies very much resembles real life trophies. Occasionally I will show them off to people, and they will be mildy amused for about a fraction of a second. But usually, they are stuck in a box in my pc, where nobody gives a fuck. And some people even throw their trophies away, knowing how absolutely useless they are.

On a serious note, this doesn't sound like the worst idea ever. Just make sure trades are 1-to-1, otherwise it completely destroys the purpose of having gift shinies.

I am sorry but that would take much more work than it is worth to code in checks for particular prizes. If you are not fond of a certain prize you are more than able to abstain from participating in the event or request the host change the prize but if this is the event I believe it is with Sparkie hosting it will not be changing.