Happiness as breeding buff

XxRoussxX

Question

Hello, I've been thinking about this idea to complement the Pokemon Breeding System, So this is the Idea...:

If the Father Or Mother of the Child has the happiness to the maximum Level then the child will inherit X% the highest IVs Father, although it'll be randomly inherit to any statistics...
this idea could be Complement or Have somes changes to fit to The Actual Pokemon Breeding System that already has the game, main thing here is to use Happines to improve the breeding, To use Happiness to add more of a purpouse than just Adding power to Return or make some pokes to Evolve and make it usefull to all pokemon equally.

[spoiler]the reason why I thought this was because it was a little of a hurt by losing parents, who probably never received a hint of affection before being used as fertilizer pokemon

tumblr_meli8ky3i11qzgm3n.jpg
[/spoiler]

Main Advantages:

• New Feature
  • Another Way to get your Ivs
  • It's free( a happy pokemon needs No brace if x% = 100%)
  • Your pokemon will receive the love he decerves.
  • Is Optional

Main Disadvantages:

• Could be Tedious

Ideas coming out from others posts:

• the higher the happiness the quicker they make an egg (From Xatu on my 1° post Here)

So, What you think of this?
If you have a nice idea, i will add it here too.

[spoiler]Sorry if my english is bad, its not my main language. So feel free to correct me, I'll edit and learn something of it :D[/spoiler]

Edited by XxRoussxX
Modified title to reflect the content.

13 answers to this question

Does this only apply to faster mating or does it changed anythings IV wise?

First thing that came to me was about the highest Ivs from the parent to the child, as you cas see on the begining of the post.
About Fast mating was idea of Xatu from the first post i made, as you can see.
Could it be one or the another or both ideas. Its depends on how well is received into the actual Game System.

First thing that came to me was about the highest Ivs from the parent to the child, as you cas see on the begining of the post.
About Fast mating was idea of Xatu from the first post i made, as you can see.
Could it be one or the another or both ideas. Its depends on how well is received into the actual Game System.

hmm well personally i like the way breeding is done and how it works. I wouldn't want any changes to the way IV are passed to change; however, I do like the idea of the parents mating faster (producing the egg) if happiness is higher.

It's pretty easy to get high happiness solely through leveling.. I'd be surprised if the devs signed off on this unless it was a very minor buff to very high levels of happiness (like 100% gets you one extra IV passed or something)

Overall, it's not a bad idea, but I think if happiness could be raised by means other than totally mindless grinding (leveling, biking with Soothe Bell) then it'd be more of a positive change. As it stands, this would only benefit people with enough free time to bike their pokes around for hours (or grind trainers) and I'd prefer to see buffs to breeding that weren't super time consuming but required some skill (maybe through trainer challenges, BP, dungeons or special loot gained from dungeons).

It's pretty easy to get high happiness solely through leveling.. I'd be surprised if the devs signed off on this unless it was a very minor buff to very high levels of happiness (like 100% gets you one extra IV passed or something)

Overall, it's not a bad idea, but I think if happiness could be raised by means other than totally mindless grinding (leveling, biking with Soothe Bell) then it'd be more of a positive change. As it stands, this would only benefit people with enough free time to bike their pokes around for hours (or grind trainers) and I'd prefer to see buffs to breeding that weren't super time consuming but required some skill (maybe through trainer challenges, BP, dungeons or special loot gained from dungeons).

i agree with you too, but its totally optional. It Also could help you out to get the pokemon you want faster(with less pokemon and cheaper)

lets say you have :

• breelom♀ Jolly with this ivs: 2HP/15ATT/31def/31satt/0sdef/20Sp
  • breelom♂ Docil with this ivs: 25HP/31ATT/0def/15Satt/15def/31Sp

if both are 100% happy you could get: Breelom: 31HP/31ATT/31Def/20Satt/25Sdef/Sp31 if u're lucky where the 31iv falls. You for sure will get the Highest Ivs.

BUT u can Always use a Brace to ensure the IV u like the most so, lets say you put a Brace on the breelom♂ that has 31 on att or Sp.

while your breelom♀ has Jolly nature so you could get her to have an everstone. Now you Got a Competitive pokemon.

This is how it works on my mind. but if it's too OP they can always make it fit into the actual System. What i really want from this is a relevant Feature with Happiness.

i agree with you too, but its totally optional. It Also could help you out to get the pokemon you want faster(with less pokemon and cheaper)
lets say you have :

• breelom♀ Jolly with this ivs: 2HP/15ATT/31def/31satt/0sdef/20Sp
  • breelom♂ Docil with this ivs: 25HP/31ATT/0def/15Satt/15def/31Sp
if both are 100% happy you could get: Breelom: 31HP/31ATT/31Def/20Satt/25Sdef/Sp31 if u're lucky where the 31iv falls. You for sure will get the Highest Ivs.

BUT u can Always use a Brace to ensure the IV u like the most so, lets say you put a Brace on the breelom♂ that has 31 on att or Sp.
Where did 25 sdef come from :p ?
Anyways i like this idea, but i doubt they will change current breeding at all. Reminds me of my old suggestion that got locked and trashed without giving me a valid reason. Will ask some staff about that 1 i guess

Where did 25 sdef come from :P ?
Anyways i like this idea, but i doubt they will change current breeding at all. Reminds me of my old suggestion that got locked and trashed without giving me a valid reason. Will ask some staff about that 1 i guess

From breelom♂ Docil with this ivs: 25HP

Look it like this way... if bot pokemon have 100% of happiness take all their Ivs rearrange them from the highest to the lowest, then take 6 and ramdonly put each of them on each stats.

The current breeding system is fine, however if happiness affected the rate at which an egg was created, I would be ok with this. But adding another mechanic towards how IVs are gained through breeding is terrible over all.

sry, can you give the reasons Why would be terrible? :o

Look:

If the Father Or Mother of the Child has the happiness to the maximum Level then the child will inherit X% the highest IVs Father, although it'll be randomly inherit to any statistics...

sry, can you give the reasons Why would be terrible? :o

Look:

Breeding your ideal IVs is easy as is that you're guaranteed the results from hard work for how long it took to get those results, because of this why should we waste more time increasing the happiness for a pokemon we really don't care about when we are just breeding to increase IVs of our desired pokemon. It is the RANDOMLY inherit that is the problem. 

Edited by Kite

Breeding your ideal IVs is easy as is that you're guaranteed the results from hard work for how long it took to get those results, because of this why should we waste more time increasing the happiness for a pokemon we really don't care about when we are just breeding to increase IVs of our desired pokemon. It is the RANDOMLY inherit that is the problem. 

Ah, Ok it's because of that. Well how can i put this... with this you can always play with the values, sometimes it will comes handy because you can save money and if both of your pokes have like 3*31 you could get a perfect pokemon and those ones Worth 1M or above if i'm not wrong. it also will become more easy to breed pokes like pikachu.

Then again this method would be optional, to use when it comes more handy than the oldone.

Edited by XxRoussxX

The IV inheritance and breeding generally are perfect now. If happiness changed something, it should be the rate at which an egg is produced. But since grinding for happiness is in the list of top 3 worst mechanics in the game, I do not think this is necessary. Plus, it discourages trades and encourages breeding your own things.

Ah, Ok it's because of that. Well how can i put this... with this you can always play with the values, sometimes it will comes handy because you can save money and if both of your pokes have like 3*31 you could get a perfect pokemon and those ones Worth 1M or above if i'm not wrong. it also will become more easy to breed pokes like pikachu.

Then again this method would be optional, to use when it comes more handy than the oldone.

If the method was optional, it wouldn't be used over the current method, like I stated and Keith stated, if it affected the rate of eggs produced by speeding it up, it would be fine.