How To Create A Standalone App For "PokéMMO" On Mac

*If "PokéMMO" doesn't work for you in the first place, this method will not work either. This is not a patch that allows users to play "PokéMMO" on older versions of OS X. It's only a method that may work if you can play "PokéMMO" in the first place. Please make sure your computer follows the recommended specs before trying this, which you can see at the official notice provided.: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/48688-pokemmo-on-osx/

Hello, everyone. I have found out a way on how to easily create a simple standalone app for "PokéMMO" on Macs, and will be teaching the community on how to do so as well. I'm really happy about finding this out, as it will hopefully help aid those who are on Macs and want to use the official standalone app, but can't get it to work for them for some reason. This method makes it so that you will only have to click on the app to access "PokéMMO," as opposed to having to open up "Terminal," copy the scripts for it, and enter the scripts into "Terminal" every time you want to play "PokéMMO." Unfortunately, however, I do not have a Windows computer. So I don't know how going about doing this on Windows would work. But hopefully those who use Windows can translate these steps onto Windows, and help out the rest of the community as well.

Before we begin, though, there are a few important things that I need to state. Please be sure to read these at some point, to diminish as many issues that may occur as possible.

[spoiler]

The first thing that I'd like to mention is that I, as well as the rest of the "PokéMMO" staff, am not guaranteeing that this will work for everyone. Unknown circumstances may be present that prevent this method from working for some people. If you follow this tutorial and it doesn't work, please make sure that you followed the steps correctly. If you did, and it doesn't work, you could try asking me. But outside of what's shown in this tutorial, I don't know how to go about fixing any issues that may occur. So the likelihood of me actually being of any use in this situation is small, if not at all. It's advised that you make sure your system follows the official requirements, as stated in the link at the beginning.

The second thing that I'd like to mention is that this is meant to be your own, personal, standalone app. Therefore, please do not upload and share the app you create with the rest of the community, as it most-likely won't work for everybody. This is due to a couple reasons. File directories may be different, OS languages and versions may be different, "Java" versions/languages may be different, etc.. Another reason for this request is because of the possibility that some people could unknowingly (I hope.) end up spreading things like viruses, trojans, malicious software, etc. across the community, which could cause some serious damage to some people's computers. So please keep your apps to yourself, as they're meant to be personalized to you. It'll make things a lot easier and less confusing for everyone if they don't have to worry about if what they're downloading will work, or if it could have malicious software.

The third thing that I'd like to mention is that there may be a possibility in the future that you may have to recreate your app. As a new update has not yet occurred that I can test this theory on, I can't say for sure if this will be a permanent solution. Files get switched around, altered, added, deleted, etc. So if a new update occurs and your app stops working, simply recreate the app through the method shown here, and you should hopefully be good to go. I personally don't think this will be the case, as the app is not actually coded with the specific client's data. Rather, it's an app that simply borrows the files and resources it needs to function as a standalone app. But again, this is simply to cover a possibility. Hopefully this works for a lot of people, if not everyone, as well.

[/spoiler]

Those notes aside, I hope everyone finds this tutorial useful, and hope you all have fun playing "PokéMMO" on your new standalone apps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXZQlAE_SYQ

Final Note.: This is in no way an official "PokéMMO" feature. This method was simply developed by myself.

But hopefully those who use Windows can translate these steps onto Windows, and help out the rest of the community as well.

For Windows computers, it's as simple as right clicking your PokeMMO.exe file and creating a shortcut. You can then drag it down to the taskbar if you wish to have it available at a single click. Optionally, you can right click the shortcut, go into the file's properties and click "Change Icon..." under the "Shortcut" tab to any file you want. (I'm unsure if there are any restrictions on the icon size or filetype)

EDIT: Quick launching from the taskbar is only available in Windows 7 and later

Edited by Asakano

For Windows computers, it's as simple as right clicking your PokeMMO.exe file and creating a shortcut. You can then drag it down to the taskbar if you wish to have it available at a single click. Optionally, you can right click the shortcut, go into the file's properties and click "Change Icon..." under the "Shortcut" tab to any file you want. (I'm unsure if there are any restrictions on the icon size or filetype)

EDIT: Quick launching from the taskbar is only available in Windows 7 and later

Ah. That's definitely an easy process. Arigatou for informing me of it.