Level Scale Downs for Battle Frontier

FuzzyRegirock

Question

17 answers to this question

Yeah, this would be nice to have, but one of the staff (I want to say RacheLucario) said that it hasn't been implemented because it gives a reason to level Pokemon to 100 (or something like that). Still, it would be nice to round down Pokemon up to a certain level. For example, any Pokemon below level 70 (or maybe like 60. Just give us some sort of grace range) gets rounded down to 50 in the Battle Frontier. This would allow us to use things like Tyranitar and Dragonite in the frontier without leveling them another 45 levels. It would also be convenient as hell for allowing some Pokemon to learn certain moves they only get after level 50 (Swampert and Earthquake)

Edited by BigShotJoe

My suggestion is there to be an auto level scale down for the battle frontier, similar to how it is in tournament mode battles. Im sick of having to constantly worry about leveling my pokemon to 51, and then not being able to use it in bf

Well first, don't over level a pokemon. Keep it at lvl 50. If you're lvling it to 50 and you're afraid you're gonna over level it, let it die by battle. 

Well first, don't over level a pokemon. Keep it at lvl 50. If you're lvling it to 50 and you're afraid you're gonna over level it, let it die by battle. 

You said "first" as if you were going to make another point. I wish you would have. That being said, read my previous comment. It gives reasons for why you sometimes need to level a Pokemon above 50.

It would also be convenient as hell for allowing some Pokemon to learn certain moves they only get after level 50 (Swampert and Earthquake)

Marshtomp learns eq at 48 making that statement irrelevent.

As for the idea itself I'd say is very convinient. Leveling comps to lvl 100 is time waste anyway.

Edited by Appelsap

You said "first" as if you were going to make another point. I wish you would have. That being said, read my previous comment. It gives reasons for why you sometimes need to level a Pokemon above 50.

I did have a 2nd point, however I got distracted at the time and kind of forgot it, though I did read your comment. And I did agree with it, but we also have breeding to take care of the moves.

That was a very shallow response.

Aerodactyl needs Rock Slide to be tutored onto it to be able to use in the Battle Frontier 50s. Very weird workaround for folks who just want to grind some BP.

I swear if anyone says Aero doesn't need Rock Slide.

Aerodactyl needs Rock Slide to be tutored onto it to be able to use in the Battle Frontier 50s. Very weird workaround for folks who just want to grind some BP.

I swear if anyone says Aero doesn't need Rock Slide.

the horror

[spoiler]

fdt4ep.png

[/spoiler]

I did have a 2nd point, however I got distracted at the time and kind of forgot it, though I did read your comment. And I did agree with it, but we also have breeding to take care of the moves.

Some Pokemon need moves that cannot be tutored and are only learned after 50. On another note, we still cannot use Dragonite and Tyranitar in 50's. Some people aren't bothered by this as they just don't care to use these Pokemon, but the option should be there.

Some Pokemon need moves that cannot be tutored and are only learned after 50. On another note, we still cannot use Dragonite and Tyranitar in 50's. Some people aren't bothered by this as they just don't care to use these Pokemon, but the option should be there.

Again breeding, not tutored. From what I understand about how breeding works here, the pokemon if both parents know the move and it's a lvl up move it would be passed down to the child. 

And those pokemon don't need to be the in the 50s bracket cause their previous forms don't evolve to lvl 55, it gives the 100 bracket something to use, it isn't meant for lvl 50. If you want to use them in the 50s bracket then use Dragonair or Pupitar. 

Again breeding, not tutored. From what I understand about how breeding works here, the pokemon if both parents know the move and it's a lvl up move it would be passed down to the child. 

And those pokemon don't need to be the in the 50s bracket cause their previous forms don't evolve to lvl 55, it gives the 100 bracket something to use, it isn't meant for lvl 50. If you want to use them in the 50s bracket then use Dragonair or Pupitar. 

Did you really just suggest using Dragonair? That's ridiculous. What's wrong with not wanting to raise a Pokemon another 45 levels just to use them for the one thing they're actually good for? As for being "meant for 50's", look at Metagross, Salamence, and even Garchomp. They all evolve at or before 50. This is because, after the creators realized competitive play a large part of the games, they made these Pokemon usable at level 50. You sound like the one guy that actually wanted to keep level 100 tournaments before Tournament Mode was a thing. We got rid of them for a reason. Keeping a feature around simply because it gives people a reason to raise their Pokemon to 100 is ridiculous and unnecessary. The dungeons (when they are added) will do this quite well.

Did you really just suggest using Dragonair? That's ridiculous. What's wrong with not wanting to raise a Pokemon another 45 levels just to use them for the one thing they're actually good for? As for being "meant for 50's", look at Metagross, Salamence, and even Garchomp. They all evolve at or before 50. This is because, after the creators realized competitive play a large part of the games, they made these Pokemon usable at level 50. You sound like the one guy that actually wanted to keep level 100 tournaments before Tournament Mode was a thing. We got rid of them for a reason. Keeping a feature around simply because it gives people a reason to raise their Pokemon to 100 is ridiculous and unnecessary. The dungeons (when they are added) will do this quite well.

I only have 1 lvl 100 and like 13 or 15 lvl 50s so guess which bracket I play in, I honestly don't care about how Tournament Mode works. It doesn't change the fact that Dragonite and Tyranitar evolve at lvl 55. They shouldn't exist in the wild or anywhere else if they are below that level. That is the point I'm saying. 

I only have 1 lvl 100 and like 13 or 15 lvl 50s so guess which bracket I play in, I honestly don't care about how Tournament Mode works. It doesn't change the fact that Dragonite and Tyranitar evolve at lvl 55. They shouldn't exist in the wild or anywhere else if they are below that level. That is the point I'm saying. 

Your "point" is nothing more than an opinion with no support to back it up. Also, if you have so many 50's, why do you care at all how this plays out? It shouldn't concern you at all as you won't be affected by it in the slightest way. Anyways, the point of this suggestion is to allow a down-scaling for Pokemon slightly above 50. Do you have a problem with that?

Your "point" is nothing more than an opinion with no support to back it up. Also, if you have so many 50's, why do you care at all how this plays out? It shouldn't concern you at all as you won't be affected by it in the slightest way. Anyways, the point of this suggestion is to allow a down-scaling for Pokemon slightly above 50. Do you have a problem with that?

The proof is in the game's code of what level those 2 pokemon Evolve and the fact you can't get them below that level without cheating. 

The proof is in the game's code of what level those 2 pokemon Evolve and the fact you can't get them below that level without cheating. 

You kind of ignored the main part of that post. 

Also, the level a Pokemon evolves has no effect on whether or not it can be scaled down. This game does not perform sanity checks. If you see someone walking around with a level 1 Dragonite, they obviously cheated. What reason is there for not allowing a Dragonite to be scaled down 5 levels? If you remember gen 2, Lance had a level 50 Dragonite as his ace. Don't tell me it can't be done because that's just absolutely wrong.

You kind of ignored the main part of that post. 

Also, the level a Pokemon evolves has no effect on whether or not it can be scaled down. This game does not perform sanity checks. If you see someone walking around with a level 1 Dragonite, they obviously cheated. What reason is there for not allowing a Dragonite to be scaled down 5 levels? If you remember gen 2, Lance had a level 50 Dragonite as his ace. Don't tell me it can't be done because that's just absolutely wrong.

And that was a NPC not a player.