A Search Bar

AppleJacks

Question

I've been playing alot of Hoenn and trying to complete it, and I've notice I've been getting a lot of items in my bag. I have so many items I scroll alot to try to find the right item. So many items I take 1 minute hovering of the item to see if it's the right item I want.(Always wrong) 

Anyways, I suggest adding a small search bar at the top right of the menu for fast look-ups.

1sfrkff.png

Once you search up a "key word" like "Pot" the Potions get lighted up, and the rest go dark to help you find your item faster.

EX: I got Blackglasses too, so I would search in the search bar, "B..L..A..C.." and each letter would help distinguish it(Hard to explain with text).

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

I wonder how difficult technically would be it to implement, given that i doubt the box runs in a database fashion like the gtl (i could be wrong here), wonder if thats what keps them from adding a GOOD search function to the pc.

Edited by axx

I wonder how difficult technically would be it to implement, given that i doubt the box runs in a database fashion like the gtl (i could be wrong here), wonder if thats what keps them from adding a search function to the pc.

There is a search bar in the PC... it's in the top-right corner. It's a truly wondrous thing.

There is a search bar in the PC... it's in the top-right corner. It's a truly wondrous thing.

This does not imply that a search bar is easy to implement for the bag though. Please do not speculate on the difficulty of the devs implementing a feature. Do note that this not me saying that it is difficult or not because I do not know. This section is not for guessing ease of a feature being added in game.

idk i dont have problems with full bags porpably because i never spended money on potions and always sold the ones i found :p but yeah i dont really see a need for this kinda feature.

(u have alot of items in ur bag i think u can sell and get more out of it then using them)

idk i dont have problems with full bags porpably because i never spended money on potions and always sold the ones i found :P but yeah i dont really see a need for this kinda feature.

(u have alot of items in ur bag i think u can sell and get more out of it then using them)

Same. I can't see a use for this since I don't store up that many things in any of my bags, and since the items' icons are pretty clear you can find them easly.

my bag i cluttred af, and until i relized you could resize your bag it was quite unbearable. 

I believe there are better options than a search bar tho, like being able to deposit items or more ways to organise items. But if thats too hard a search bar would be cool

This does not imply that a search bar is easy to implement for the bag though. Please do not speculate on the difficulty of the devs implementing a feature. Do note that this not me saying that it is difficult or not because I do not know. This section is not for guessing ease of a feature being added in game.

Read it again. Slowly, if need be. I wasn't speculating anything. I was simply saying that there is, in fact, a search bar for the PC. That's why I said, "There is a search bar for the PC"