The Togepi Cup (Starts Saturday, March 5th)

xSkyy

without ruining this too much, this is meditites damage vs two of the most probably physical walls in the tier, and these are just two walls. Imagine the damage it can do to just about anything else in a tier were not a whole lot ohkos it. (Did I mention that it gets endure + salac = widespread OHKOs in a tier were nothing outspeeds past 24???)

196 Atk Pure Power Meditite Thunder Punch vs. 196 HP / 236+ Def Slowpoke: 18-22 (64.2 - 78.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

196 Atk Pure Power Meditite Cross Chop vs. 236 HP / 196+ Def Onix: 20-26 (86.9 - 113%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

if meditite isnt quick banned u will see usage for this tier drop massively, its been banned from every competitive LC play and thats with choice scarfs and a whole host of other counters

Edited by DoctorPBC

Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle, Babby Battle.  ;)

196+ SpA Gastly Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Meditite: 30-36 (157.8 - 189.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

modest gastly outspeeds jolly meditite and one hits with shadow ball so meditite isnt that big a deal tbh

isn't requiring 1 poke to counter an op one considered centralizing tho?

And Gastly is a thing in other LC tiers where meditite is banned

Edited by Champlooo

Was browsing through the pokes listed, and it's apparent that Zigzagoon (Belly Drum + Espeed) should be considered for a ban as well. I mean Raaidn had success with it in UU when Linoone was first banned so there is potential for this thing to break the game.

Smogon had also banned Omanyte (Rain Dance), in addition to Wynaut, Chansey, Scyther, Zigzagoon, and Meditite. I would suggest that everything here should be banned from our version of Little Cup as well. 

In response to all of the comments thus far, the reason for keeping certain pokemon unbanned was because so far this tournament is in a Trial mode. Rather than banning every pokemon for having even remotely a chance of being powerful to me seems a bit rushed, as this tier is specifically still new to the community/in the works, and poses as the perfect opportunity to properly shape this tier to how it should be rightfully played. However, this does not mean we will not have pre-banned pokemon to ensure a fun experience for every player who decides to participate. We will be paying close attention to what pokemon seem to dominate in this tier/pose as a struggle, and go from there.

With this being said,and reading the multiple posts and arguments on this thread, I have decided to now ban Meditite and Zigzagoon from this tournament. This decision was for the sake of a healthier metagame, as both Meditite and Zigzagoon have been found to be overpowered in this format. I apologize for any inconvenience.

This is not to discourage people from still posting their opinions on what should be used and what should be banned. We appreciate all of the input we can get from the community thus far, but as of now the list(s) will not be changing until further notice.

Great idea, I love Little Cup! I do have a suggestion though, it might be good to perhaps open a Little Cup discussion thread in Competition Alley. This way players can discuss the tier, bounce ideas off of each other and after the tournament is over they can bring up any Pokemon they feel need to be looked into potentially. I'm assuming the actual Tier Council are involved in this as well so it would be nice for them to be able to see player input too if they need to make a decision.

I'm sorry i am not understanding, is this 1v1, 3v3, 6v6? all of them? we need to choce one? we can participate of all of them? sorry once again

You're quite alright. Every month, a new format will be chosen. This month's will be 3v3, as next month's may be 6v6 or doubles, or whichever one is chosen by player responses, or random.

Any possibility of an omanyte ban? In a gen without choice scarf it is almost impossible to kill once it gets rain up. As is it is likely going to be too centralizing forcing every team to run an oma counter. This problem becomes exponentially worse in a 3v3 format where we will get hampered even more in team building because of oma.

Any possibility of an omanyte ban? In a gen without choice scarf it is almost impossible to kill once it gets rain up. As is it is likely going to be too centralizing forcing every team to run an oma counter. This problem becomes exponentially worse in a 3v3 format where we will get hampered even more in team building because of oma.

If it proves to be too powerful in the upcoming tournament next saturday, then it will most likely be banned. I cannot ban it this late into posting, but we can see depending on the results of the first tourney.

Can be said the same for a few other pokes too though. Shame no one thinks dratini is gonna be a threat :(

Either way, this first tour is 3v3, and as you said, it's worse. Should be a lesson to never ever have 3v3 LC after this tour and just make it a legit tier afterwards that's 6v6

Can be said the same for a few other pokes too though. Shame no one thinks dratini is gonna be a threat :(

Either way, this first tour is 3v3, and as you said, it's worse. Should be a lesson to never ever have 3v3 LC after this tour and just make it a legit tier afterwards that's 6v6

I would also suggest 6v6 LC from here on out. I'm really excited about this tier developing and I hope we can keep building steam for it to really be a thing in the coming future.