The Togepi Cup (Starts Saturday, March 5th)

xSkyy

Item Clause in 3v3 makes sense and is accepted as a rule in pretty much every rendition of 3v3 we have. The Berry Juice thing is just because it seems like a broken item in a level 5 tournament, imo. A pokemon should never get the opportunity for a full health heal after receiving damage. 

Gonna compare to later gens and actual LC metagame there, but never seen berry juice be rendered OP, even with pokes who'd be able to abuse it and have sturdy as an ability. Even pokes who can use recycle and use it more than once. Without it, I fear we might see a highly offensive metagame if it's regular and not 3v3. It's already expected 3v3 to be hyper-offense anyway.

Item clause in 3v3 is okay though, it's normal, as I said, downside to Item Clause is that we have a lack of usable items. In 3v3, that lack of items is reduced, so item clause would work.

Congratulations to easyrole for winning First Place, and DoctorPBJ for winning 2nd! 

Well done you two! :)

I would also like to recognize giantpipe for winning the Bronze Match, and EthiopianPriest for coming in 4th!

Thank you to everybody who came out to the first official Togepi Cup! 

Keep an eye out for the next tournament which will be held next month!

^_^