[Implemented] Patch Notes pop up screen.

I think that, whenever someone logs in, there should be a screen which pops up with the latest patch notes. (Nothing fancy, can be directly Copy/pasted from the Announcements thread) so people stop asking. Yea, we give out mutes now, but people always seem to ask.

just a suggestion.

Not when they log in though. Right when they are asked if they want to update, there should be a list under the yes and no option.

I know on WoW, and other MMOs, it displays the patch notes WHILE the game is being patched.

Maybe something along those lines?

The problem with that is right now, PokeMMO takes about .1 seconds to patch (for me at least) and then the client closes. So I kind of like my idea more:
Or perhaps after the update when the launcher is opened again the question pops up?

Better yet an HTML box on the login page, which displays what is going on in the community relevant to that time, along with a list of updated features.

This would also contain links to forums threads, and a link for those who somehow manage the miss the whole "forum" tab in the pokemmo website homepage.

Alongside this, a box that pops up the first time you log in after an update saying "PokeMMO has been updated, check -Link to thread here- for details"

You'd click okay, and never see that box again.

A guy can dream..

• 4 months later...

I was going to suggest this, but after finding it was already so wonderfully suggested by Gaara (above), I wish to add reopen this suggestion and also include picture of how to implement such a thing using the current gui system.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/94rArxS.jpg[/img]

The above is what a chump like me can draft up in like 3 minutes (and I suck with art); A more sophisticated version (ui elements, like a scroll bar or other things) could easily be accomplished.

The reason why I felt this needed to be readdressed was due to this thread: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/15824-rules-for-the-game/#entry230207

[quote]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][u]Nowhere have I seen any rules, and if there are rules the list is not easily accessible for everyone to read.[/u] I wasn't warned, and no one told me what i was doing was "botting." I wasn't hacking the game and modding pokemon, What i was doing was not hurting anyone. A ban for a week would have sufficed or a ban for a month, heck a ban for a day would have gotten my attention. I just wish my "ban" was reduced because i didn't know that was i was doing was punishable by permanently banning my profile. Had i know i wouldn't have even attempted it. [/font][/color]
[/quote]

I believe this to be a fair request (not the unbanning (that is a case by case thing...) or the length of punishment (which also is a good point, but not my focus for this post), but the demand for a irrefutable in-game means to see what the rules exactly are- and this can be accomplished by a simple link to the forums from inside of the game!). However, with this suggestion you can do much more than simply post rules... you can also post well known and documented reported bugs, links with answers to commonly asked questions, patch notes... and so very much more!

I think this will help stem the flood of 'repeat questions' to global and generally increase the happiness of your player-base (people like being 'in the loop')... and best of all, it should be fairly simple to implement!

Now, I am not saying that this is a cure for stupid (for there is no cure for stupid) and no matter what you put in game 'some people' will always be dumb, [b]but[/b] this will at least help mitigate a large percentage of repeat questions, both on the forums and in game.

tl;dr I support this suggestion. Bump!

Two things I can add to what Elderberry said:

"More" opens a link to the corrasponding Updates notes on the forums

Add a note saying "If you want to read these notes again, please refer to the FAQ tab", which will link you to the forums, obviously

[size=1]If you mentioned these and I missed it sorry, but I just got back from a trip and am tired as fuck[/size]

[quote name='Kei' timestamp='1363416458' post='230915']
Support, Also can we have this for the forums?
[/quote]
You're not serious....

[url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/5-updates/"]https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/5-updates/[/url]

[quote name='iSmashbro' timestamp='1363416831' post='230923']
You're not serious....

[url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/forum/5-updates/"]https://forums.pokem...orum/5-updates/[/url]
[/quote]
I'm talking about the log in for the forums. When a player logs in his friends are notified. That would be great.

[quote name='Kei' timestamp='1363417092' post='230927']
I'm talking about the log in for the forums. When a player logs in his friends are notified. That would be great.
[/quote]
No, just click updates, if you are really that lazy you don't deserve to know what's been changed.

[quote name='Kei' timestamp='1363417092' post='230927']
[/quote]
The only way I can see that being a productive use of time is if the the forums had private IM (which is unlikley)

[quote name='Dougington' timestamp='1363417211' post='230929']
No, just click updates, if you are really that lazy you don't deserve to know what's been changed.
[/quote]
Just spitting my opinion, chill.

Was going to write up a long drawn out retort about how lazy of an idea this sounded...And then I read Professor's post. I can see this being a simple addition and I quite like it. Not sure if its on the planned list or not but I am sure they will address this "issue", if you want to call it that, eventually.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...