Search GTL by total IVs

BigShotJoe

Question

While being able to search for a minimum/maximum IV value is nice, it gets tedious when trying to find Pokemon or breeders that are good overall rather than in specific stats or breeders that are "good enough" and can be worked with. 
I suggest allowing us to search for a total IV value. Enter a number between 0 and 186 and be presented with all Pokemon whose IV total are equal to or greater than the value you searched for. This would help greatly is finding breeding Pokemon among the 30k+ Pokemon currently registered in the GTL. With so many entries in the GTL, anything to help people find what they need more easily seems like a good idea.

10 answers to this question

While i like the idea of searching based on total IVs (TIV), imo it would be more useful to have the OR connector to create complex searches, like:

Hp > 25 OR SpA > 25

tho mixing both would be extremely powerful

[(Hp > 28 AND SpA > 28) OR (Hp > 28 AND SpD > 28)] AND (TIV > 100)

You can search for a minimal and a maximum IV, just do that with every stat and its pretty much the same

"Pretty much the same" is still needlessly time-consuming. If you search for anything with 5x25+ and 1x0+, there are still 6 possible combinations that you have to search for manually. If you decide to then search for 4x25+ and 2x0+, that number is squared. To me, this seems like a less-than-ideal system.

While i like the idea of searching based on total IVs (TIV), imo it would be more useful to have the OR connector to create complex searches, like:

Hp > 25 OR SpA > 25

tho mixing both would be extremely powerful

[(Hp > 28 AND SpA > 28) OR (Hp > 28 AND SpD > 28)] AND (TIV > 100)

If you're looking for something as simple as two stats, the current system works fine. It's when you need 5-6 stats to match your search criteria that things get messy. While it is possible to do a number of searches to narrow down and find what you're looking for, it's very tedious and time-consuming to change the scan values and then sort through the results.

It's when you need 5-6 stats to match your search criteria that things get messy. While it is possible to do a number of searches to narrow down and find what you're looking for, it's very tedious and time-consuming to change the scan values and then sort through the results.

You can do that already, I'm not entirely sure why did you quote me, but if you want an exact match for, say "21 11 10 06 31 30", you can do that with the current sytem.

What is problematic is when you need to search for different options (say hp and atk OR hp and spe OR spe and atk etc), in which case the "OR" connector is missing, I want that added to the GTL.

You can do that already, I'm not entirely sure why did you quote me, but if you want an exact match for, say "21 11 10 06 31 30", you can do that with the current sytem.

What is problematic is when you need to search for different options (say hp and atk OR hp and spe OR spe and atk etc), in which case the "OR" connector is missing, I want that added to the GTL.

Okay, you misunderstood me. We can already do what you are suggesting and it's very fast and simple.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/61379-too-many-gtl-entries/?p=1226526

That seems like it'd be relatively useless for anything outside of 6x31s, you have no idea where the IVs are placed - so anything under that could mean your most important IV has the potential to be the lowest.

The current ability to advanced search particular IV ranges already does everything you want and more.

to piggy back off what axx said in that thread, people aren't always searching GTL for a very specific set of IVs - I often will just be looking for high overall IVd pokes that can fill a variety of roles as breeders. In particular, I like hunting for 4x20+ or 5x20+ pokemon especially when they have correct nature. This option would let me do that in one search rather than having to adjust the IV ranges for each possible combination, which would be super convenient

Maybe implement an SQL-like query language :D So we can write custom and advanced queries in the search bar, like:
"Species = Pikachu AND SPE = 31 AND HP+ATT+DEF+SPATT+SPDEF+SPE > 168 AND Nature IN (Timid, Naive)"
or
"(EggGroup = Chaos OR EggGroup = Fairy) AND SPE = 31 AND (HP > 25 OR DEF > 25) AND Gender = Male AND Shiny = No"
Ahh, programmer's dream ^_^

I Agree with you My friend, the Actual Advance Search filter just feel uncompleted to me.

Because the actual make you do too many manual things that can be done automatically with some improvementes or features, I am a little new playin PokeMMO but i still know some things of programin and GUI desing.

They could Add fields like the one you said and anothers like: Find a pokemon By their Hability, Moves and EVEN one to know the Hidden Power...

Just Why not? xD

like i said in another post... This ONE

The main thing of an Advance Search is a Filter Search; The More Accurate the Best.
So my point is that "The More Accurate the Filter Search, the Best."

Just forgeting about another crucial factor... Must be HANDY, OPTIMAL make your life IZI PIZIER :DD