Add a "Forum" option to the Community tab

WolfgangDamien

Question

15 answers to this question

Can you press H and find the forums there?

Prest sure there is a link, but promoting the formen some more wouldnt Hurt. There is so much info her and so few That use IT.

Phone is throwing upper case letters like a retard Edited by Tritios

He meant when you press H you'll see the In Game F.A.Q. and in this In Game F.A.Q. you have some links for the PokeMMO forums.

(Bug Report, etc...)

Ahhh I didnt even see that link cuz I keep the Dark Default theme on. But I dont think it by itself defeats the usefulness of a forum button out in the open.  :)

Edited by WolfgangDamien

enough noobs on forums as it is. Leave the noobs ingame where they belong.

Okay, let me explain to what happens to the average noob that doesn't have any help to understand the game - which, by the way, is far more common than a new player learning the things they need to know.

Noob makes an account, downloads the game, finds the necessary roms, and creates a character. Noob then plays the game expecting it to be just like the FireRed/Emerald they played on GBA/VBA. When they realize it is not, Noob then asks questions about the new or different features. People like you then tell Noob to figure it out, calls Noob something unkind, and then blocks them. Noob is still confused, gets discouraged or overwhelmed by all the features, and possibly quits. If Noob doesn't quit, they play through the story, continue to ask questions, and continue to be insulted, ignored, and blocked. After finishing the story, they try to start playing competitively. Same scenario; ignored and blocked. Noob then gets bored and quits playing.

Of course this is going to happen no matter what the devs do as some people just don't like this game as much as others. However, when this happens to over 70% of all players, it becomes an issue. Abandoned accounts take up server and memory space, and take names that could be used by another player which, as any MMO players knows, is annoying as shit.

Now, if Noob had been able to easily find helpful answers to the questions they had, if they were shown where to look, they may not have quit after finishing the story. Thus one less player would have become a waste of space and memory. Not to mention increasing the competitive player base and possibly donating and helping the devs come out with updates or frequently. 

One person wouldn't help much, but when thousands of potential donators can be assisted with the implementation of a single very simple feature, how the hell would "leaving the noobs where they belong" be a better option?

Edited by BigShotJoe

I thank LeTyrone *cough* *cough* *Tyrone* for telling me about forums and how to activate it. I think this new feature would be helpful for the newer player base and would make the forums a bit more diverse. I feel like as a news reporter, information about the game and its future should be common knowledge throughout the player base as a whole. I am in full support of this feature.