TM "Burning"

Xatu

Question

I thought of a pretty random idea to create new skills and tradability of the TM's.  We all know some of the TM's can be pretty spread out across the game and its certainly necessary to use a guide. 

My idea is to have a section on the PC called TM Drive or something similar.  In it is a menu similar to the breeding menu.  We would be able to buy blank TM disks that we would duplicate the chosen TM onto.  There could even be an exclusive more expensive TM similar to an HM.  It could be used unlimited times and be rewritten onto unlimited times.  Like a CD-RW so a TM-RW haha.  It could also be a RP only item.  Also it should be mentioned that the player could have a stat where they gain levels and have a more likely chance of producing a TM or possibly failing.  I personally think it would be better if everyone was on an equal playing ground.  With no skill stats involved. 

Thats about it.  We could make the blank disks a money sink just for the convenience of breeders.  Hope you guys like my idea ive put a fair amount of thought into it. ^.^

I must agree with the post above me. Why pay to copy a TM when we can just buy it? Unless it cost less than buying one (in which case nobody would buy TM's), there's really no point. I do really like the idea of a reusable TM, though. Possibly make it a RP item or put it stores for some outrageous amount like a million yen for a reusable Earthquake TM. If someone were to buy it, they'd have to play a LOT to make any profit from it. That should help prevent this little convenience from affecting the economy, as not many people would have them and they would be untradeable.

This would be a nice feature, but reusable discs or unbreakable discs would do the opposite of give another money sink.

Also: It wouldn't make much sense to buy a blank TM when you can buy most TMs directly from stores or GTL

Its purely for the conveinence factor of being able to make as many tms you want instead of having to go back to a guide on the forums all the time.

I must agree with the post above me. Why pay to copy a TM when we can just buy it? Unless it cost less than buying one (in which case nobody would buy TM's), there's really no point. I do really like the idea of a reusable TM, though. Possibly make it a RP item or put it stores for some outrageous amount like a million yen for a reusable Earthquake TM. If someone were to buy it, they'd have to play a LOT to make any profit from it. That should help prevent this little convenience from affecting the economy, as not many people would have them and they would be untradeable.

It would probably cost more honestly.  It's just something that would be for late game players.  The unbreakable ones would simply be for the devs to get some profit and sell RP.

whats stopping teams from stockpiling every reusable tm on one player, then having said player just moveset everyones Pokemon for free???

It would cost them lotsss of RP so chances are they would never do it for free.  They would then have a viable buisiness possibly though.

Why put [Idea] If you are posting in the suggestion box?

Idk man.  Why post a useless comment in a thread that doesnt actually talk about anything said in the opening post?

This suggestion makes no sense at all when you can buy most, if not, all of the TMs as it is.

Yeah but they are scattered everywhere and some of them you still only get 1 of. 

I read the title...and thought you wanted a feature to burn your TMs with fire...

Lmao burning is in quote so i dont know how you interpreted that.

It would be purely for convenience for late game players like i said before.

In all honesty, I don't see this being a good feature for an MMO. If it were aimed at the handheld consoles for just a single player, it would be awesome. But for an MMO, having TMs that acted as HMs would probably damage the economy a lot. Comp. players would be able to get the moves they need at no problem, and wouldn't need to buy new TMs ever again after they get the ones they need, which would make the TMs that you get throughout the storyline and the ones being traded next to useless/worthless. And no matter how expensive the prices for them are, you'll generally be able to make your money back by charging a fee to teach moves to someone's Pokémon. (And then that would open the whole scamming situation even further.) For the standard TM blanks that you can use one time, you'd be better off simply buying TMs from other players. There are probably still quite a nice amount of players who make alt-runs to get extra stuff. So the devs would probably rather use the time it would take to add this feature on something that would prove more useful to the community.

From the single-player standpoint, I can see where you're coming from. But any item that you can get/use an indefinite number of times doesn't really fit in an MMO environment. :3.

Edited by RyukoNotsunaga

In all honesty, I don't see this being a good feature for an MMO. If it were aimed at the handheld consoles for just a single player, it would be awesome. But for an MMO, having TMs that acted as HMs would probably damage the economy a lot. Comp. players would be able to get the moves they need at no problem, and wouldn't need to buy new TMs ever again after they get the ones they need, which would make the TMs that you get throughout the storyline and the ones being traded next to useless/worthless. And no matter how expensive the prices for them are, you'll generally be able to make your money back by charging a fee to teach moves to someone's Pokémon. (And then that would open the whole scamming situation even further.) For the standard TM blanks that you can use one time, you'd be better off simply buying TMs from other players. There are probably still quite a nice amount of players who make alt-runs to get extra stuff. So the devs would probably rather use the time it would take to add this feature on something that would prove more useful to the community.

From the single-player standpoint, I can see where you're coming from. But any item that you can get/use an indefinite number of times doesn't really fit in an MMO environment. :3.

That font size o3o

This is basically what I was saying with my post. Sounds nice at first, but would break the economy.

Its really meant to be for purely convenience only.  It wouldnt change anything in the mmo environment, other than not having to run around all over the map just to get tms.  It would actually benefit the economy and the RP system because it would give players a reason to buy RP and it would give players more tradable items.  This whole idea is really jsut a way for the devs to get people to buy more RP..

I dont think the alt-run argument is viable either.  Who wants to run through 6 hours of storyline just to get 1 TM?

Convenience is not always the best argument when putting forth a suggestion. What need would this fill? The large majority of TMs that are bound to the storyline are available in the shops already. If a player can already buy, for example the TM for Toxic in the shops, why would they spend their cash to make copies of it?

This would be an alternative to having the tms spread about in all the shops. 

Placing it in the gift shop and saying it's a different way to obtain storyline TMs is not a good idea. If this were to be added in place of TMs in the shops, then that may be something to look at. However, having this in addition to TMs in the shop makes zero sense because players will just buy the TM that they are after. There is no incentive for them to use this functionality.

Placing it in the gift shop and saying it's a different way to obtain storyline TMs is not a good idea. If this were to be added in place of TMs in the shops, then that may be something to look at. However, having this in addition to TMs in the shop makes zero sense because players will just buy the TM that they are after. There is no incentive for them to use this functionality.

I think you simply misunderstood the fundamental idea of my idea.

Once you have every TM in your inventory you can burn as many copies as you like. 

1. You go to an ingame shop and buy "Blank TM's" possible in like packs of 100 like at frys xD.

2. You open your "TM Drive" in the PC and burn whatever TM's you would need at the time.

3. ???

4. Profit.  It doesnt make zero sense haha.  The incentive is not having to use a guide and run all over both regions just to get x TM.

As for the Unlimited TM those would be an RP only item.  As it is there is only 1 game changing RP item and nobody uses the amnesia brace.  The RP only TM's is just a way to get the devs more donations like i said multiple times.  If you really wanted you could have the resuable tms only good for like uses or whatever before self destructing.  The TM-RW (rewritable) could also be a RP only item.

Edited by Xatu

I think you simply misunderstood the fundamental idea of my idea.

Once you have every TM in your inventory you can burn as many copies as you like. 

1. You go to an ingame shop and buy "Blank TM's" possible in like packs of 100 like at frys xD.

2. You open your "TM Drive" in the PC and burn whatever TM's you would need at the time.

3. ???

4. Profit.  It doesnt make zero sense haha.  The incentive is not having to use a guide and run all over both regions just to get x TM.

As for the Unlimited TM those would be an RP only item.  As it is there is only 1 game changing RP item and nobody uses the amnesia brace.  The RP only TM's is just a way to get the devs more donations like i said multiple times.  If you really wanted you could have the resuable tms only good for like uses or whatever before self destructing.  The TM-RW (rewritable) could also be a RP only item.

But it does make no sense. And this would defenitly not be a good feature/idea for an MMO.

whats stopping teams from stockpiling every reusable tm on one player, then having said player just moveset everyones Pokemon for free???

This would be a pretty fair reason for this not to happen aswell.

But it does make no sense. And this would defenitly not be a good feature/idea for an MMO.

This would be a pretty fair reason for this not to happen aswell.

Ok well you keep saying its a bad idea but you have no reasoning behind that.  Isn't not having to use a guide and generating more donations a good thing? 

As for your second point.  If someone spent oh i dont know 300 dollars on RP only items that allow them to give out 100 of any move why would they give that out for free?

Ok well you keep saying its a bad idea but you have no reasoning behind that.  Isn't not having to use a guide and generating more donations a good thing? 

As for your second point.  If someone spent oh i dont know 300 dollars on RP only items that allow them to give out 100 of any move why would they give that out for free?

I don't mean to offend you, but this suggestion is really really bad.

If it would cost that much to get TMs via that method then people would just buy TMs from PokeMarts. And I do have reasoning, in fact, there are so many cons on this. I wouldn't call them cons, but "why would this be a thing". 

I don't mean to offend you, but this suggestion is really really bad.

If it would cost that much to get TMs via that method then people would just buy TMs from PokeMarts. And I do have reasoning, in fact, there are so many cons on this. I wouldn't call them cons, but "why would this be a thing". 

You might think this idea is "really really bad" but i know for certain that if this idea was implemented that people would love the idea of something new in a pokemon game.  People would use it instead of using a guide.   And having RP tm's would add to the 1 actual usable in game RP only item and i know for a fact that people would pay 5 bucks for 100 eqs for simply conveinence factor.

Long story short, one person's opinion (yours) doesnt make it a bad idea.  And if youre going to call my idea bad atleast post answers to the the points that i am bringing up in my posts instead of just saying  "why would this be a thing"  you literally didnt comment on a single thing i said.

Edited by Xatu

You might think this idea is "really really bad" but i know for certain that if this idea was implemented that people would love the idea of something new in a pokemon game.  People would use it instead of using a guide.   And having RP tm's would add to the 1 actual usable in game RP only item and i know for a fact that people would pay 5 bucks for 100 eqs for simply conveinence factor.

Long story short, one person's opinion (yours) doesnt make it a bad idea.

I wouldn't say it is just my opinion though. This really makes no sense, why pay IRL money for something you can get for arround 20k? 

This suggestion makes no sense at all when you can buy most, if not, all of the TMs as it is.

You might think this idea is "really really bad" but i know

Long story short, one person's opinion (yours) doesnt make it a bad idea.

Plz. For example I would buy TM EQ and with paying something like 5m I would make it HM EQ. OK
Meantime, someone do same and then we're two guys with EQ hm. We will race with lower prices for it, just to get money back.

And this count only 2 people.

I wouldn't say it is just my opinion though. This really makes no sense, why pay IRL money for something you can get for arround 20k? 

People that want to have the conveience factor of not having to buy it a bunch of times and spending the 2m that it would cost to buy EQ 100 times.

I'm not replying to anything else you posted because you literally just went through the thread and found people that disagree with me.  Look.  You still arent bringing up any valid counterarguments to any points i have brought up.  You dont think its a good idea.  I get it. 

Plz. For example I would buy TM EQ and with paying something like 5m I would make it HM EQ. OK
Meantime, someone do same and then we're two guys with EQ hm. We will race with lower prices for it, just to get money back.

And this count only 2 people.

Its an RP only untradeable item that could be limited to 100 uses or less. 

Yeah, just like Rare candies are untradeable... right?

WTT HM EQ, LF 20k, transfer me your pkmn and I will teach him.

Tadam. 

And people sell vanities.  Your point? Also nobody would do that deal unless it cost less than 20k.

Edited by Xatu

And people sell vanities.  Your point? Also nobody would do that deal unless it cost less than 20k.

This! Exactly! Let's say, it will cost 20k. I would rather really just pay that 30k which is now, than trade my high value pokemon and risk scam. 

Also if you're posting suggestion about making anything cost less, you can close your own topic on start- it's not gonna happen, sadly. :c

/Bear of Page. I won. 

Edited by bearminator