Daily Bonus

kemaric

Question

As most of other games I played on phone, it could be pretty cool if people could get items / money just by being online daily. For example:

Day 1: 5k

Day 2: 10k

Day 3: 15k

Day 4: Everstone

Day 5: 25k

Day 6: 30k

Day 7: 40k

Day 8: 50k

Day 9: PP max

Day 10: 100k

Day 11: come back to Day 1.

Those rewards could be automatically sent to our mail box in game and obtenable only after defeated both Elite 4 Hoenn and Kanto.

If someone doesn't log in 2 days in a row, the reward would come back to the same as Day 1 (kind of cumulative bonus).

Edited by kemaric

13 answers to this question

Daily bonuses are hugely exploitable if the content is trade-able.

To clarify, I'm not confirming/reconfirming anything, just putting forward the issues in design.

Also most of the phone games you play that do this are likely to be primarily single player games which are able to give out free currency because it doesn't have an overall effect on any sort of economy or other players.

Hum, what about another system of points for daily bonus only to buy untradable vanity/decoration items then?

Day 1: 5 DP (Daily Points)

Day 2: 10 DP

Day 3: 15 DP

Day 4: 20 DP

Day 5: 25 DP

Day 6: 30 DP

Day 7: 40 DP

Day 8: 50 DP

Day 9: 75 DP

Day 10: 100 DP

For example a list of vanity items:

different kind of hair: 5000 DP

Pokemon Hat (like Squirtle has for... Squirtle!): 10 000 DP

DP Suit: 25 000 DP

DP coat: 50 000 DP

Decoration items: ... DP

+ a special natured stone (that works like ability pills to choose ourself the nature BUT the pokemon will get automaticaly a ruban making it untradable, for I dunno, 10 000 DP)

Edited by kemaric

Hum, what about another system of points for daily bonus only to buy untradable vanity/decoration items then?

Day 1: 5 DP (Daily Points)

Day 2: 10 DP

Day 3: 15 DP

Day 4: 20 DP

Day 5: 25 DP

Day 6: 30 DP

Day 7: 40 DP

Day 8: 50 DP

Day 9: 75 DP

Day 10: 100 DP

For example a list of vanity items:

different kind of hair: 5000 DP

Pokemon Hat (like Squirtle has for... Squirtle!): 10 000 DP

DP Suit: 25 000 DP

DP coat: 50 000 DP

Decoration items: ... DP

+ a special natured stone (that works like ability pills to choose ourself the nature BUT the pokemon will get automaticaly a ruban making it untradable, for I dunno, 10 000 DP)

Really dont need a prize drop in vanity item

Is this intended as a rewards system or as a way of putting money back in the game? cause with the DP idea people would still be poor, just wish vanities. Unless they're tradable I guess

And since Darkshade said tradeable DB are exploitable, don't see the point

I woud like a Daily system, but it should require some effort on the player's side.

The reward should not be able to be exploited by the creation of alts either.

That limits the options of this.

I like your second idea, untradable Daily Points, which you can spend on untradable unique vanity items or gift pokemon.

The amount ofcourse should be well-balanced as well as the effort required to obtain them.

Personally, I would like to see an activity that takes around 30 minutes to obtain these points.

As far as the price of the items/pokemon go. A vanity item per 2 months and one pokemon per month seems fair. (Given you do this challange daily).

There is nothing wrong with the concept of dailies, but ideally they'd reward the player without them outright making them richer etc.

In most of the MMOs I have played, this is done via untradeable items and/or a certain % of exp.

The purpose of dailies is to encourage and reward the player for logging on that particular day, but the best dailies encourage the player to continue to play after that initial login.

This can be done in various ways, but in my opinion some of the best are boosts to particular stat gains - whether it be in the form of a consumable item or an outright boost.

These boosts don't necessarily have to be stat-based but could also be in the form of an item that they'd be likely to use.

So in our case it might be an untradeable Everstone or Breeding Brace for example. (This one always has the potential to be 'exploited', but may not always be worth it).

It can be done a few ways, including a 'point' system where the player gains points for completing particular tasks set that day and are then traded in for said bonuses.

Either way, you'll find that most of these dailies are non-tradeable consumable items that benefit the individual player in their goals and encourage them to play for longer periods of time to take advantage of the slight boosts.

I thought suggestions like these were rejected on the basis that they didn't encourage actually gameplay. They just encourage people to log in for 5 seconds every day...

think DS touched on that pretty well in his post just above yours

Personally I'd love to see a daily bonus that encouraged players to stay on and utilize that bonus. Whether its a non-tradeable everstone that expires in 24 hours, a bracer back (same concept), boost to EXP or EV training, etc

I think automatically-applied boosts that gave bonuses similar to Donater Status would be a good way to do this. It's untradeable, has a time limit, and encourages the player to actually do something in the game or end up wasting the bonus. Perhaps the duration or the strength of said boost would increase for every consecutive day you log in. It could increase the amount of money you gain, EV's earned, possibly even a small boost to shiny spawn rate, though that would likely have a pretty noticeable impact on the economy if a lot of players are getting this boost every day. A 5% boost to earned yen for an hour or so would be a good place to start off. It could be raised to 10% on the second day, then the duration would be increased on the third and then alternate from there, eventually throwing in double EV yields around the seventh or eighth day. After logging in for 10 consecutive days, you get a boost that increases earned money by 25% and doubles your EV yields for maybe 2 hours. 

It could also just be an untradeable item that you can stack up and use for some serious grinding sessions later.

If we had dailies in the game this would be great, the first daily we do would give say give an extra reward instead of a thing to just log in and get rewarded for nothing.

Say the first daily is to go catch a specific pokemon with a specific nature. You go turn in that pokemon that has a caught date of whatever day it is. The NPC say gives you 10k for it. But with a Daily Bonus, you can say get a 50% boost in the reward. Then say each day it increases and resets on day 11. This would probably be more efficient for having a daily bonus. T

I woud like a Daily system, but it should require some effort on the player's side.

The reward should not be able to be exploited by the creation of alts either.

That limits the options of this.

I like your second idea, untradable Daily Points, which you can spend on untradable unique vanity items or gift pokemon.

The amount ofcourse should be well-balanced as well as the effort required to obtain them.

Personally, I would like to see an activity that takes around 30 minutes to obtain these points.

As far as the price of the items/pokemon go. A vanity item per 2 months and one pokemon per month seems fair. (Given you do this challange daily).

How about rare candies and master balls as rewards too?

Edited by BrunoMarin