Get rid of the money sink on the name rater

codylramey

Question

Renaming pokemon is a great way to keep them organized, really its the only effective way to do so, and with the amount of breeders needed to do anything in this game i believe that we should be able to rename pokemon with out having to spend money (what is it like 500?) It would help keep track of pokemon you bought for breeders and also help people who buy breeders to rebreed and sell on the market keep track of expenditures so they know what to charge for their products. Also i dont believe that as a money sink its very effective, i dont think that enough ppl use it to really do the economy any good as a money sink so its rather pointless imo.

9 answers to this question

I think that this it is a sort of workaround. I think we shouldn't have to write notes about the given pokemon in its name as we do now - at all.

We could, for example, use some marking symbols for that like in original games.

Or, what I think could be even better -  a special tab in pokemon summary. It could be dedicated to keep all kinds of notes about that pokemon (it could also allow more characters than pokemon name).

Name field as is now is kinda limiting in that matter. If we don't have to use name field for notes then there's nothing bad in keeping the fee for name changer either.

Renaming pokemon is a great way to keep them organized, really its the only effective way to do so, and with the amount of breeders needed to do anything in this game i believe that we should be able to rename pokemon with out having to spend money (what is it like 500?) It would help keep track of pokemon you bought for breeders and also help people who buy breeders to rebreed and sell on the market keep track of expenditures so they know what to charge for their products. Also i dont believe that as a money sink its very effective, i dont think that enough ppl use it to really do the economy any good as a money sink so its rather pointless imo.

Believe it or not, I whole hearteningly support this. When I have the funds to buy a comp in the market, some of them have either curse words or sexual language in their nicknames. I wish people could think before they name their comps. I wish the name rater was free so that way if someone named their Pokemon after something like a filthy magazine or a sexual activity, I would like to not be tortured seeing the names, yes I am thankful to buy the comp, but I would like a PG13 name for my comps without the need to pay day for 5k.

Edited by Bestfriends

I was going to suggest this again but decided to do a search. To my surprise i had already suggested this. The price for renaming pokes is 5000. That is way too much. The way i keep my breeders organized is i will assign them a number based on which stat they have over 25. This helps when i am figuring out how to get from a series of breeders to the finial product because if i need something with lets say hp, atk, and def i can just search the numbers (it would be 123) and then sift through only the results. But i buy a lot of breeders. It would cost me close to a million yen to rename all of the pokemon that I bought and will only be using as breeders. The money sink isnt worth the added headache caused by the cost of renaming pokemon.

1 hour ago, redspawn said:

Lol 5k money sink is a big deal? please man.

Idk if others do this but i buy breeders whenever i see them cheap. IT would cost me 150K just to rename all of the ones in my mailbox alone, not counting the ones i have in the pc. That is a whole comp poke for me. If this is a problem for others in the community then it should be discussed. 

Edited by codylramey
9 minutes ago, codylramey said:

Idk if others do this but i buy breeders whenever i see them cheap. IT would cost me 150K just to rename all of the ones in my mailbox alone, not counting the ones i have in the pc. If this is a problem for others in the community then it should be discussed. 

Renaming would be free once for any OT pokemon - and often Breeders are already named when sold via GTL

More importantly, this suggestion is outdated in my opinion because you can now simply filter your ingame boxes for egg group/specific IVs/nature/... and would not even need to organize them via names at all - or do you think differently?

Edited by Anthrazit
4 minutes ago, codylramey said:

Idk if others do this but i buy breeders whenever i see them cheap. IT would cost me 150K just to rename all of the ones in my mailbox alone, not counting the ones i have in the pc. That is a whole comp poke for me. If this is a problem for others in the community then it should be discussed. 

But that means less 150k in the game, which is good to help with the economy. And nah man 150k is liek what? 1 hour of farming maybe? not even sometimes if you farm for example xmas dungeon.

Maybe change your way of keeping track of them ? With the introduction of advanced search system in the PC you can find the exact stats that you are looking for.

Ontopic:

Maybe reduction in price or it being free when renaming a poke for the 1st time would be fine.

But apart from that 5k per name is not a big issue since most people do not use him that often.

2 hours ago, Anthrazit said:

More importantly, this suggestion is outdated in my opinion because you can now simply filter your ingame boxes for egg group/specific IVs/nature/... and would not even need to organize them via names at all - or do you think differently?

Actually I didnt know this was a thing. Maybe this suggestion is outdated if this is a feature.

Edit: Thats fantastic. Renaming pokemon to keep them organized is a lot less needed with advanced search.

Edited by codylramey