Player of the Month! [Social Media] (Monday, February 1st)

Ronax

f9d2910751a79c9b0ade00e1fb82852e.png

Brendan_OD.pngDate + Time:

Date: Monday, February 1st - 8th

Time: Starts when posted. 

May_OD.pngLocation:

PokeMMO's Social Media! Facebook - Twitter

Leaf_FRLG_OD.pngRules & Details:

This will be PokeMMO's first social media event and will take place on the Facebook page. Please follow the steps listed below in order to enter for Player of the Month:

• Like the post.
  • Comment on the post and explain why you should be considered for player of the month.

Your comment may include in-game achievements, funny moments or anything that has to do with PokeMMO that you think will make you player of the month!

After one week, the comments will be reviewed and a winner, as well as a runner up, will be announced! They player will then be asked for their IGN through a private message.

*Note: Off topic/inappropriate comments will be removed and the player will be disqualified from the event.

Blue_III_OD.pngPrize:  1st Place: 1000 RP  2nd Place: 500 RP

Red_FRLG_OD.pngHost: Ronax

187.gif137.gif

It's unfortunate that this event is taking place on facebook.  I don't use facebook for privacy and social reasons.  I also dont appreciate the egocentric nature of both twitter and facebook.  It's not really fair to be ostracized from an event like this because I don't use a questionable website that data mines personal information and is known to sell that data. 

I know I might not necessarily be "the" player of the month.  But i should be allowed to enter and have an equal chance just like everyone else.

Maybe instead of farming facebook likes we could do a similar thing right here on the forums. 

It's unfortunate that this event is taking place on facebook.  I don't use facebook for privacy and social reasons.  I also dont appreciate the egocentric nature of both twitter and facebook.  It's not really fair to be ostracized from an event like this because I don't use a questionable website that data mines personal information and is known to sell that data. 

I know I might not necessarily be "the" player of the month.  But i should be allowed to enter and have an equal chance just like everyone else.

Maybe instead of farming facebook likes we could do a similar thing right here on the forums. 

Damn its just one event ya hipster

Lets PokeMMO get some more exposure too

make a fake account?

I completely agree with Xatu. 
Facebook is, and pretty much always has been, in my opinion garbage.  Players should not be forced to use a third party website to participate in an official PokeMMO event, when the same effect could be achieved right here on the forums in this thread.  All the event really requires is that you have an In Game account, and to write a short description as to why x player feels they should be Player of the Month, which doesn't require Facebook in any way. 
So lets all recognize this for what it is: An attempt to spread the PokeMMO Facebook page(Which is fine, because I legitimately didn't even know that we had one), as well as collect likes/comments. 
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that's bad.  Attention whoring via giveaways and events has always been a legitimate business strategy on Social Media, but it would be better to have the event on the forums(Where moderators can see the IPs of players/Total Play Time, to ensure they're not using multiple Facebook accounts to boost their odds).
The event itself is really cool though, I love the concept, but I could live in a perfect utopia and I'd still find something to complain about.

make a fake account?

lol but why would you want real people to know you play this shit

Both valid concerns, which could be fixed by just not using facebook lol

All that said, I'm a hypocrite because I posted my application for PotM just for shits n giggles

Attention whoring via giveaways and events has always been a legitimate business strategy on Social Media, but it would be better to have the event on the forums(Where moderators can see the IPs of players/Total Play Time, to ensure they're not using multiple Facebook accounts to boost their odds).
The event itself is really cool though, I love the concept, but I could live in a perfect utopia and I'd still find something to complain about

>like our post and tell us why you're better than everyone else or be an autistic meme lord

best part is that the winner is basically picked at random anyway because they don't really care about anything but the small promotion they're getting from the players.

lmao this event is fucking terrible what are you even talking about

>like our post and tell us why you're better than everyone else or be an autistic meme lord

best part is that the winner is basically picked at random anyway because they don't really care about anything but the small promotion they're getting from the players.

lmao this event is fucking terrible what are you even talking about

I'm trying to be polite ;_;
That is a valid concern though.  Anyone can make up some bullshit about themselves to win, and it can't really be proven to be a lie, and likewise someone could be totally honest about why they should win, and it can't be proven that they're being honest \o/
xela sure is getting a lot of recommendations though, Staff Member of the Month + Player of the Month when :^)

If my irls found out I played a pokemon mmo the roast would never end

Damn dude just make a fake account and enter lmao 

I completely agree with Xatu. 
Facebook is, and pretty much always has been, in my opinion garbage.  Players should not be forced to use a third party website to participate in an official PokeMMO event, when the same effect could be achieved right here on the forums in this thread.  All the event really requires is that you have an In Game account, and to write a short description as to why x player feels they should be Player of the Month, which doesn't require Facebook in any way. 
So lets all recognize this for what it is: An attempt to spread the PokeMMO Facebook page(Which is fine, because I legitimately didn't even know that we had one), as well as collect likes/comments. 

NwKXNav.gif

Just think of it as a "Sign up for facebook and comment on our post to win" instead of being butthurt how they're using facebook and all. Everyone has a fucking equal chance of  being in this, as I said, think of it as the quote above. This is basically like saying "Oh noes it's a UU tour I don't play UU I only play OU hurr durr imma cry now". Nobody is forcing you, nobody is begging you to do it, and tbh, as mentioned above, nobody probably gives a fuck who'll win this.

Holy crap it is one event in an attempt to bring together players as well as give PokeMMO more exposure. Nobody is forcing you to be an assimilationist mainstream and use social media. Nobody is forcing you to show all your friends your a nerd. Just because you don't agree with the tournament doesn't mean you have to belittle people who actually use social media. Nobody cares that your a fedora wearing special snowflake. It's a great event. Get over it.

Just think of it as a "Sign up for facebook and comment on our post to win" instead of being butthurt how they're using facebook and all. Everyone has a fucking equal chance of  being in this, as I said, think of it as the quote above. This is basically like saying "Oh noes it's a UU tour I don't play UU I only play OU hurr durr imma cry now". Nobody is forcing you, nobody is begging you to do it, and tbh, as mentioned above, nobody probably gives a fuck who'll win this.

Exactly like wtf

Uh I dont agree with using overused pokemon because theyre mainstream so this UU tournament is not right

God why is this even an issue Xd

edit: Like holy crap why aren't video contest a problem

Edited by DrCraig

This is a Social Media Event. Just like the forums, PokeMMO's Social media is run by PokeMMO Staff. Since it is being put on by PokeMMO that makes it an Official Event and why it was posted on the forums. No one is making you participate, just like no one forces you to sign up for a UU tournament if you are an OU player. Also, it does not say anywhere to post your IGN. Quote:  "After one week, the comments will be reviewed and a winner, as well as a runner-up, will be announced! They player will then be asked for their IGN through a private message." Your comment can be completely anonymous if you want. We will announce the players IGN yes, but not to which comment was theirs.