[PokeMMO Guide] Hosting A Tournament

Hassy

muNDEvW.gif

Credits to PrinceShawn for banner

What is the goal of this guide?

After reading this guide, you should be able to host your own tournament without screw ups.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Step 1: Let's say you're hosting a standard tournament with 32 participants. Firstly, you need to include what tier it is. Read DoubleJ's thread here regarding the different types of tiers. Here is a thread regarding official tiers.

Step 2: Location, Date and Time (Include timezone) is important, please include that information in your tournament thread. Click here for an example on how your thread should look like.

Step 3: The day of the tournament you will need to do roll call  because not everyone will show up. Do not just do roll call for fun, you must remove the players from the bracket if they don't whisper you. I would advise all hosts to use challonge to create the bracket, sign up if you don't have a account.

Step 4: If you have open slots due to players not showing up, you than start calling out the reserves until you have a bracket of 32 players or what ever size bracket you're hosting. The reserves would be all the sign ups after the first 32 registrations.

Step 5: Once you have a full bracket, shuffle that bad boy/girl 3 times and then hit start tournament on the bracket.

Step 6: Call matches, it's better to have at least 2 refs to assist you with calling matches. I always assign matches beforehand to my refs so there is no confusion while the tournament is in progress.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

~ Credits to Goldeneyes ~

• 5 months later...