Define the Skies - Flying Type Art Contest (February 5th - March 5th)

Rache

Everybody can photoshop,not anyone can draw. Drawing is a talent.

This is fundamentally wrong. Anybody can draw, but not everybody can Photoshop. It's a difficult program to learn and far from an instant/easy art making tool. Whether physical or digital, any kind of art involves skill, time, and effort. The more time someone spends with them, the better their results and the more they will improve at their chosen craft. To write art created digitally off as talentless work is quite the insult when it requires just as much time, skill and effort as something hand drawn. They're different approaches to art, neither is inferior nor superior.

This is fundamentally wrong. Anybody can draw, but not everybody can Photoshop. It's a difficult program to learn and far from an instant/easy art making tool. Whether physical or digital, any kind of art involves skill, time, and effort. The more time someone spends with them, the better their results and the more they will improve at their chosen craft. To write art created digitally off as talentless work is quite the insult when it requires just as much time, skill and effort as something hand drawn. They're different approaches to art, neither is inferior nor superior.

Where was I insulting anyone??... I simply stated that drawing is exceptional since photoshop gives advantage over coloring/Perfect line work/Backgrounds and you can literally save a few pics from the internet,photoshop them together and add a few details and call it your own work:// This is simply the truth.

Where was I insulting anyone??... I simply stated that drawing is exceptional since photoshop gives advantage over coloring/Perfect line work/Backgrounds and you can literally save a few pics from the internet,photoshop them together and add a few details and call it your own work:// This is simply the truth.

As someone who enjoys creating art both by hand and on a graphics tablet, I can honestly say that both take a lot of skill, time and dedication. In fact I have found that drawing digitally can be more difficult at times, if anything. 

Don't let the art snobs deter you from entering - they are simply projecting their own insecurities. Most of us just enjoy seeing as many entries as possible, regardless of medium or skill level

It's not being a snob, it's being honest. There are tons of terrible terrible artists. I know you think it too. 

Edited by Emlee

[ img]urlhere[ /img]

with no spaces. Use Imgur or another image sharing site to upload.

every time I try to post it says "you are not allowed to use that image extension in this community" or something like that, and I've been using imgur :/

every time I try to post it says "you are not allowed to use that image extension in this community" or something like that, and I've been using imgur :/

use [ img]http://i.imgur.com/6Qz5xpa.jpg[ /img]

EDIT: gj Edited by Emlee

Some artists really need to improve their abilities. 

i picture a scenario where i'm being held at gunpoint and my attacker is only willing to let me live if i can draw a very high quality image of his furry OC.

other than that i dont think any artist needs to improve their abilities.

i picture a scenario where i'm being held at gunpoint and my attacker is only willing to let me live if i can draw a very high quality image of his furry OC.

other than that i dont think any artist needs to improve their abilities.

Trust me, it's needed Riga. You said yourself, you could die.