Sign in to follow this  
xSalFish

In-game Themes

Question

kXG2567.png

Currently these are the 3 options we're able to modify in-game (still not sure exactly what Theme Color 2 does)

I think it would be cool if you could make your own themes within the game, this would include:

- more options such as but not limited to text colors and the background of windows (the white displayed in the image above)

- the ability to save/name multiple themes you create & switch back and forth with ease much like the downloadable ones

thanks for reading

4 answers to this question

You can already do this. That is exactly what the downloadable themes are that have been made in Client Customization. For the changeable colors one is the primary color, window backgrounds and such, and one is a trim color for the titlebars. I do not recall which one controls which at the moment though.

There are a couple tutorials in Client Customization that walk you through creating your own theme.

I think they suggest the ability to create themes in-game by adding more settings (eg. ability to change font colors and backgrounds) AND ability to save your creation as theme.

This is pretty cool, you could even implement an in-game gallery of user-made themes so that one can easily share them without posting on forums.

I just hope normal theme creation (as is now, by providing code + graphics) wont be disabled - I really like to have the ability to manipulate every single GUI element separately. It definitely gives way more creative options than a couple more color pickers. 

I think they suggest the ability to create themes in-game by adding more settings (eg. ability to change font colors and backgrounds) AND ability to save your creation as theme.
This is pretty cool, you could even implement an in-game gallery of user-made themes so that one can easily share them without posting on forums.

I just hope normal theme creation (as is now, by providing code + graphics) wont be disabled - I really like to have the ability to manipulate every single GUI element separately. It definitely gives way more creative options than a couple more color pickers.

Reading back that sounds about right. I do like the idea of being able to saving different theme color settings as well. I do not think the current method is going away though because you are still able to edit the xml files, which is something I have been wanting to try at some point as well.