Official PokeMMO Discord

KeroseneZanchu

Question

If you don't know what Discord is, it's a combination of Teamspeak, Skype, and Slack. It's much more advanced than TeamSpeak, better for communities than Skype, and has the same sort of server/channel system as Slack.

I'm proposing that PokeMMO get an official Discord server, or allow promotion of a community-based Discord server. It's not altogether a complicated thing to set up. I know there's an official TeamSpeak, but Discord is better (as minimal bias as possible was put into that statement, Discord is just superior in many ways). If you're worried about staffing, you could maybe make some of the people who staff the TeamSpeak either a) Do both TeamSpeak and Discord or b) Ditch the TeamSpeak.

Just a thought.

8 answers to this question

Whats the point? They already use Teamspeak, so no point for the whole community to switch over

Pretty much agree with Sleepy here, mods are already busy enough with the updates for the game why bother them even more for something that we don't need since we already have TeamSpeak which work just fine for most of the community.

TS does it's job. Sure Discord may be better, but there isn't a high demand for the stuff to warrant switching. Out of all the players on PokeMMO a fraction actually use the forums, and an even smaller fraction use teamspeak.

I prefer ts in the sense that only people in the channel can see and hear what goes on in the channel.

Discord ain't got shit on ts in terms of privacy. Its only perk is seeing offline messages when you wake up.

Which is good! Sometimes. I used it for my 10-man psl team.

A pokemmo official discord is bound to get flooded.