[Denied] Add the command "/w [Teamtag]" to easier contact a team

I believe it would be very beneficial, if a new command "/w [Teamtag]" could be added, allowing me to whisper a team I chose.
My whisper message should be directly forwarded to the highest ranking member of that team that is currently online - if none is available (none in this case could mean none above the rank of "Member") I would get the message: "Team ... could not be found".
- the team could also establish a priority list ingame whom a message would reach first, second (if the 1st person is offline,...)

The option "whisper Team ..." could also be added when rightclicking on the sprite of someone ingame (in addition to the option to whisper that person directly).

This idea came up to make it easier to challenge any team that participates in the PokeMMO Pilgrimage for one of the badgges, but could be very beneficial beyond this specific event.

Its an okay idea I guess, but its kinda uneeded. Most teams have forums threads that you can reply to so you don't ask them out of the blue. 

FuzzyRegirock is right. The idea seems ok but totally not needed. even if you didn't want to post on their page you can always PM the leader and he can tell you the line up and schedule

I really had the PokéMMO Pilgrimage in mind when this idea came up, but maybe there are cases I did not think of where (newer) players don't use the forum (maybe because they want to enter a team that communicates over other means or maybe the don't use the official forum because they are less adept in english as it isn't their 1st language).

Many popular teams have weird characters in their team tags so typing them with a "/w [Teamtag]" command would be annoying :D

I have no overview how many nearly similar Teamtags are in use (for example, are there tags like [GODS], [GØDS] or [GÓDS] all in use for different teams?) - but maybe a small tolerance could be added to the whisper command in this case, to recognize different typings (especially for cases where you lag the required characters on your keyboard).
"/w [Teamname]" as a n option in addition to the tag could also be added

Generally, a list ingame (with search function) of the teams that exist including teamname/tag/currently active members/total members/teamchat language/... where you could also click on a teamname to whisper that team wold be nice (although even more to ask)

rip the peace of mind of team leaders

Delegate. As stated in the first post, teams should get the option to assign the person receiving the messages themselves - you could use this according to being afk/in a torunament/...

What about players who have a name that is the same as the tag of a team?  Surely there is a Lyle character in the game somewhere. (Just an example of one that is quite likely).

The use of "[ ]" should distinguish between the intention to whisper a player and the intention to whisper a team

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, Colouring said:

Just to clean this section up:
This suggestion may be closed/trashed/[denied]
The event this was targeted at (unfortunately) ended with the PvP updates and if a team list/direct whisper option would be added ingame, it might possibly be done otherwise.
Thanks

As you wish.