8 Gym Challenge - Preparation Stages

We'll consider it, but again, we aren't fond of the idea of playing the same people countless times. The allure of this event will simply fade on our end if that happens. Also myy teammates are reasonable people, so if you're not an asshole I can easily see them picking a tier you request. This is probably even more true for newer players since we have no reason to just fuck you over by playing NU when you have no NU pokes. I just feel for Artemiseta who is looking forward to doubles matches when most challenges will likely be in OU, UU, or maybe even NU.

Speaking on behalf of myself though, I will only play matches in a tier that the challenger asks for. This is a luxury I can offer since I do in fact play all tiers. 

That sounds a lot more reasonable and may be worth adding to the OP of your gym thread.

About the clef cup issue, If people are expected to be able to beat various tiers against multiple top players if they are capable of doing that realistically they probably have connections to somebody with a clef cup team. And as far as breeding for this event goes it takes far less work to breed clef cup than for a tier they do not play.

EDIT: Nice to see you adding the tiers that each player was willing to play (unless you added it earlier and I'm just blind). Although I do not believe the Leader should have to play a different tier if he doesn't want to presuming you can battle them unlimited times on a cooldown.

Edited by Rendiz

I was wondering if this was going to be done PSL style, that is with spectators present. It would be fun to watch rather than just seeing a screenshot on forums. There can be a thread which lists the current challengers for each gym and when they face. It's easier to create one thread for this rather than browse each and every team's thread.

Edited by NikhilR

I was wondering if this was going to be done PSL style, that is with spectators present. It would be fun to watch rather than just seeing a screenshot on forums. There can be a thread which lists the current challengers for each gym and when they face. It's easier to create one thread for this rather than browse each and every team's thread.

Yea I was thinking about posting here when there are gym leader battles. Trainer battles could be done too.

We'll probably do something like that.
Centralize public announcements and schedules in this thread. I'll figure it out later.
Edit: or make a new one, we'll see.

Another question people have been asking me.
Well more like, the answer to it.

You are free to participate the same way as any other player. If you are in a situation where you'd have to fight yourself, you get a win. So you can trim 1 challenger off your list in your own gym depending on how your gym's rules work.

Gym leaders begin with their own badge already.

How's this sound?

Would be cool if there was a unique area such as a sub forum for these gyms to make it look more organized and easier to find each gym.

Probably not happening, as the forum will be limited to like 10 topics and then nothing more, ever.

c4c89c98c8.png

How's this looking?

I use a grey badge case and apply a color over it, so you can pick whatever custom color you feel like.

Still gotta get darkshade to teach me the 'generic pokemmo sig shiny effect'.

I'm also prob scrapping "pilgrimage" from the name because nobody likes it and neither do i

edit: gonna figure out what AW's up to and prob post a topic in 24 hours or so? With a couple more rules and regulations.

• Tyrone locked this topic