8 Gym Challenge - Preparation Stages

Kind of cool. Not sure if we have the commitment for this kind of thing though. Can we just be giovanni and show up whenever we want? Hahaha

Well. You could!

There's always -someone- active in your team, right?

They can forward worthy challengers, and have your leader schedule them like PSL.

Im assuming each leader and its underlings pick whatever tier they wish correct???

Hadn't thought this far.

I suppose the battle rules are up to the gym leader.

It'd be better to have the rules consistent throughout the gym, since what is the point in sweeping through 4 underlings in OU and battling the gym leader and sucking in doubles?

A challenger having to play 4 matches (NU / UU / OU / Doubles) seems like a solid way to defeat a gym. The leader picks a tier and the 3 underlings run the other 3.

Well.

Yeah! Sounds good.

The gym's organization is pretty much up to the team. Just have it make sense and be badass.

Well.

Yeah! Sounds good.

The gym's organization is pretty much up to the team. Just have it make sense and be badass.

Once this is all finalized you should make a 'general' thread for it or some shit. Each gym displayed with their corresponding badge. Each gym would also have there layout shown nicely with their leader along with format for leader and underlings. Underlings players shouldn't be specified, only the leader.

Here goes

[spoiler]

I'd like you to announce the first gym of this series, lead by the PokéManiacs!

Somewhere in the depths of Fortree City the PokéManiacs are chilling. They might be hidden first but just shouting "get your asses here, nerds" should get them turn up quickly. This gives you a chance to prove your worth to the leader, which is me. Possible people you can challenge to prove your worth are Parke, DynamicPyro, CaptainKek, SamuraiHunter (accepts only Doubles and this is your Doubles go-to guy), Raptori, Spaint, Ryo and I guess some other nerds here. If they have our tag it's fine. I will then listen to my comrades about your skills and I may or may not accept your duel. If you lose to me, I'm sorry but there has to be a cooldown because my time is valuable you know. (so like 10-20 minutes)

Our badge: The Prophecybadge. Dubbed by our lord and savior, the Xatu. Also as we could be the first gym in the chronology, this badge will prophesy great things to come in your road to be the Pokemon champion! 

[/spoiler]

Edited by OrangeManiac

lol what does that even mean

It turns out that both kanto and hoenn have gyms. Orange took fortree as one of the gyms. That is a city in hoenn. There are only 8 gyms for this challenge thread. Are the 8 gyms just whatever gym we want out of all 16 of them, or all from hoenn or all from kanto, or just make up your own gym area