[Denied] Gym Leaders

Hi, the last gym leaders post in general discussion  made me remember an idea I had a while ago in handhelds.

The idea is to have fictional gyms, where real players can act as their leader.

Each gym can have 2/3 players as a leader (to make it easier for at least one to be online), which are changed each week (avoiding inactive players and giving the chance to others).

This could as well be made as an event with some rewards as well.

Nothing should be implemented, everything can be realized using the forums.

For events:

The mods themselves act like leaders or choose anyone who want to be a leader at a specific time (like tournaments)

Other people register a single team of 6 pokemons, using only that team to challenge all the Gyms (this avoid type-weakness advantage)

In the end of the specified time, the challenger(s) with most wins, earn a prize.

For fun:

8 players apply themselves to be the leader of a gym( reserves can apply too, to perform the same task while the original is not active)  for a week, after which 8 new players apply. 

Other players can challenge the gyms whenever they are online.

I don´t know if I made myself clearn, but feel free to comment.

We've seen this suggested throughout the years.

It's never gotten official staff support because it's exploitable via mach-fixing, etc. So we wouldn't be able to provide a prize, unless it's community-provided like the PokeMMO Super League.

So this idea would be suited for [Unofficial Tournaments], but it'd need enough backup and planning and commitment to actually not fall through like every other small-scale attempt.

I thought about this over the night, as I'd also seen the other thread about this.

Got me thinking about gyms led by popular PvP teams, such as [ÄURA], [LYLE], [RÑG]...

Rather than relying on individual players, having the backup of a whole team to set up their gym might help the plan not fall through. This little game would be an alliance between all teams, and they wouldn't want to make a fool of themselves.

If a gym leader goes inactive, they can always elect a new one within the team.

Gym leaders wouldn't be faced with a huge timesink, as they'd be able to decline challenges. That's what gym trainers are for, to filter through the unworthy!

I think I'll post a thread in [Unofficial Tournaments] in a bit, inviting eight teams to come together and set this up.

edit: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/60606-the-pokemmo-pilgrimage-8-gym-challenge/

Edited by Eggplant

As stated, this has been discussed before, but there are too many exploits with it. Players are free to create their own gyms in game as it is and nothing really needs to be implemented. However official support from staff is out of the question on this. As I stated in your thread that was closed earlier, if a player goes inactive that causes large problems for those who want to challenge the gym. Even having multiple applicants doesn't solve this as there is still a chance that every applicant goes inactive, which would essentially close the gym.