"Sold" Listings on the GTL

Rendom

Question

9 answers to this question

I see GTL as a way to reduce prices cause it creates competition between sellers. What you are suggesting would make GTL's prices pretty much always the same.

I doubt the reduced prices would stay permanently, for example when GTL was first released, the prices of Everstones fluctuated between 15 and 18k, while the prices rose to above 20k now. Also imo the price drop is not necessarily a good thing if you are selling stuff yourself.

The GTL is basically an Auction House, and most games I know don't show that kind of info as the prices should be based off of supply and demand. However, with your suggestion it could keep prices the same which can be a bad thing.

It's not quite an Auction House yet, since people can't bid on items imo. Also, I don't think the prices would stay the same even if there was one "Sold" tab, because it always depends on the demand and supply. It would pretty much be a help for players to get a rough idea of values, especially shinies imo.

The GTL is basically an Auction House, and most games I know don't show that kind of info as the prices should be based off of supply and demand. However, with your suggestion it could keep prices the same which can be a bad thing.

In some ways the information he's requesting is already displayed as the 'market average' will always be the majority of prices listed for that item.

Runescape puts out similar information in the form of a graph, showing how the global average for a particular item has changed.

You can see an example here: http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/viewitem.ws?obj=2357

Even with this information that average still changes.

There are many examples here:

http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/top100?list=2

Personally I'd quite like something like the above, although I'm aware that it is easier said than done.

In some ways the information he's requesting is already displayed as the 'market average' will always be the majority of prices listed for that item.

Runescape puts out similar information in the form of a graph, showing how the global average for a particular item has changed.

You can see an example here: http://services.runescape.com/m=itemdb_rs/viewitem.ws?obj=2357

Even with this information that average still changes.

Personally I'd quite like something like the above, although I'm aware that it is easier said than done.

I just hope there won't be any memory problems if you tried it. I mean too many things listed may lag a few people. 

Edited by Kite

I support this idea, while I believe the information on sold items and which prices they went for should be accumulated (instead of showing each and every item individually, and at what time it went for which price - would be an overflow in my opinion)

In addition to what DS said, I envision it could be achieved with a (not to complex) price chart for the respective item, like this:

UCROTXR.jpg?1

Hovering over the chart could show the exact average price an item was sold at a given time.
Information, about how many items were sold could be beneficial - as people might start farming the rarer items and in the long run we as a playerbase might profit from a reliable supply on all needed items at reasonable prices while allowing us at the same time to seize market opportunities (being optimistic here :3 )

I see this could be possible for items, but i have really no idea about how this should be made for pokemons, with diffrent iv's, natures, levels, movesets and ev's.

Well everyone could just interpret it the way they want to, it still would help a player who has absolutely no experience at all with values I guess. It's not like it would be a downside to have them listed as well.