Metronome Mode

KaynineXL

Question

Don't think this was suggested, I did search for 'metronome' and 'Clef cup' in Suggestions and found nothing.

With Metronome becoming a thing, which is actually very popular within the competitive community I don't see why we don't have a new mode for this to remove all the crap that's just annoying.

Such as..

[spoiler]

• Taunt and Mean Look/Spider Web/Block: In the rare event that a player rolls Taunt through Metronome, the taunted player must switch out immediately, so they can avoid using moves that arent Metronome. However, in the even rarer event that a player gets Mean Looked/Spider Webbed and then Taunted, a staff member will ask the taunted player to then throw Pokéballs until Taunt wears off.
  • Imprison: If a Pokemon uses Imprison through Metronome it must switch out immediately.
  • Only the use of Metronome is allowed. If you use a move that is not Metronome you will be disqualified.
  • All duels must be run in Normal mode with Self KO Clause checked. http://i.imgur.com/BSIEVXV.png

[/spoiler]

Here's a pic

83a4f841b9.png

Eggplant showing me how it's done while using ms paint, I'l leave my bad one down below ;-;

[spoiler]

OMtl0Mb.png

[/spoiler]

Edited by KaynineXL

8 answers to this question

I've never seen metronome battles outside of lvl 30. Most keep em at that level for officials/unofficials that specify 30.

Yeah, but most people don't have their wild catches at lvl 30, then you might as well ban all the other pokemon that can learn Metro too.

What if there was unlimited PP on Metronome?

That would be cool although I see a very small chances that they would like to implement it. Leppa berry money sink, yay!

Not everybody wants to play Metronome with only pokes below 30.

Not everyone want to play tournament mode with pokes lvl 50 but that's what the standard is here. Level 30 pokemon came to be a standard for clefairy cup and these are not necessarily wild catches - these can be legit good natured, IVd and trained comps especially for this mode. :) 

Aren't points 1-3 solved simply by implementing the move deleter, so all clefable cup pokemon can delete all non-metronome moves from their moveset? With the move deleter, I'm not sure exactly why you would have to play in normal mode, unless you are supposed to use leppa berries from your bag after the pokemon runs out of pp (after eating its own leppa berry, ofc.)