Bid option on GTL.

Kornelio

Question

Sometimes when im going to sell a poke and i don´t know the price because theres a looot of factor like gender, specie, eggmoves, etc (without taking ivs and nature in count of course)... So i think the best way to sell pokemons is by the way ArcheAge does, here is the link:

http://archeage.gamepedia.com/Auction_House (just the "buy now" and bids think).

By this way you put a "buy now" price and people can "bid" for a lower price; of course it is opcional to the seller that people can offer a lower price and then sell it to the best offer once the period time expired. Hope i could explain myself, because i think this is great! :)

Edited by Kornelio

12 answers to this question

I like this idea because it gets rid of the need for a whole new "seperate" auction house, and would just integrate into the current GTL set up. 

Instead of the current "Buy" button, you'd have "Buy" and "Bid" side by side, and when you click "Bid" a pop up window with a type field comes up, you type in your offer, and submit it! Your money should be locked away until the seller makes a decision, with the 7 day time out option if either one the buyer or seller is offline for more than 7 days in a row. 

Been in favor of bidding the moment AH was announced.  Feel like some things would have to be done with it.

A minimum accepted price, from which will be taxed ahead of time much like the current GTL. Anything over the minimum set price is taxed from the winnings.

Something to prevent players from waiting and sniping, perhaps any bids made after an hour left reset it?

The time limit should not reset as it currently does, once time is lost, its lost(except in the sniping part of this).

A buyout price, if people so wish to set one.

Been in favor of bidding the moment AH was announced.  Feel like some things would have to be done with it.

A minimum accepted price, from which will be taxed ahead of time much like the current GTL. Anything over the minimum set price is taxed from the winnings.

Something to prevent players from waiting and sniping, perhaps any bids made after an hour left reset it?

The time limit should not reset as it currently does, once time is lost, its lost(except in the sniping part of this).

The biding should last all 7 days so there are no sniper (they have to be a really hardcore sniper). However, i agree with the minimun price, it would be sad to sell a valuable poke just for 20k or something like that.

Also, you could change tax system so the GTL keep a 5% of the already sold item/poke and not when you put it on it.... Of course if no one bided anything GTL should take 5% of the auto buy price. 

Edited by Kornelio

Have the minimum bid be 10% higher of it's current bid price. Also sniping is fine in the AH, I mean bid is meant to go to the person who bid the most regardless when they did it. 

Also, you could change tax system so the GTL keep a 5% of the already sold item/poke and not when you put it on it.... Of course if no one bided anything GTL should take 5% of the auto buy price. 

The reason I said off the winnings, or minimum price+winnings for what wasn't covered by minimum, is it covers the player not having enough money to actually pay the tax once the auction ends.

In some cases, provided they don't set a minimum, it also covers players not having enough money to place an auction on something they want to.

The reason I said off the winnings, or minimum price+winnings for what wasn't covered by minimum, is it covers the player not having enough money to actually pay the tax once the auction ends.

In some cases, provided they don't set a minimum, it also covers players not having enough money to place an auction on something they want to.

That´s easy.....if i failed selling something and i dont have money to pay the tax, just make the item unclaimable until i have the money.

Regarding the tax issue... Why not just tax the minimum price they set? If they set the minimum to something low, the tax will be low. However, they also risk losing the thing they are selling for a rock-bottom price. 

If that suggestion doesn't work, I think a minimum bid increase would be a good idea. This would prevent people from bidding $1 more than the previous person. That way, the auction would go more quickly, players can actually win an auction despite being offline, and you wouldn't get the end of the week and find out your precious comp was sold for $120 more than the minimum.

Obviously these two features together would be very easy to exploit. Separately however, I think each would work well.

Edited by BigShotJoe