Doubles Hype Train #1 (January 18th)

Eggplant

bKcfMVQ.png

Hey guys. You can expect to see pretty much around one doubles tourney from me every week.

Add onto that tourneys from other staff. It might do you well to make some doubles comps if you don't have any.

Because the officials are coming!

Details:

32 Players
6v6 Doubles Tournament
Double Battle
Tournament Mode

Date and Time:
Date: Monday 18th January
Time: 6PM EST | 11PM GMT - Time Conversions here.

Registration will open 10 minutes prior to the tournament. To register post an IGN in this thread. You may only register one person per user. Edited posts will NOT be accepted as a valid registration. 

Tournament Bracket:

http://pokemmostaff....om/doubleshype1

Clauses:

OHKO/Species/Hax Item/Evasion/Self KO
List of Clauses and what they mean

• Sleep Clause will not be enforced for this tournament.
  • Baton Pass will be unbanned for the duration of the tournament.
  • There is no ban list for Doubles, so Ubers may be used.

1st Place Prize:

kingdra.gif

Shiny GIFT Kingdra w/ Muddy Water

Your choice of nature with IVs HP 25 | ATK 25 | DEF 25 | SPEED 25 | SP.ATK 31 | SP.DEF 25 

AND

1,000,000 Pokeyen

OR

1000 Reward Points

2nd Place Prize:

500,000 Pokeyen

OR

500 Reward Points

230.pngNotes:

• Disconnecting during a match when result in a DQ.
  • Do not block the Staff running the Event. If you disregard requests for you to unblock staff members then you will be disqualified.
  • Once your match is called you will have 10 minutes to report to the table. No time extensions will be given.

230.pngEvent Host: Eggplant
230.pngReferees: Ronax, xSparkie, Pereiraa

Since when were prizes supposed to be viable? (looking at you, doduo) Also, I disagree, considering I won a tournament with a rain team where kingdra had no hp electric.

I think the point of making them 5x25 1x31 is to make them somewhat viable, otherwise staff wouldn't even bother changing the IVs. And for the Doduo, yeah it's just not viable in Doubles but since the staff like puns they took it anyway it seems

Edited by Rendom

I think the point of making them 5x25 1x31 is to make them somewhat viable, otherwise staff wouldn't even bother changing the IVs. And for the Doduo, yeah it's just not viable in Doubles but since the staff like puns they took it anyway it seems

It's not 31 speed so you can reroll to Hp elec if you must.
And I chose muddy water specifically because it was recommended by a knowledgeable doubles player in a post complaining about prizes!

Tldr reroll hp, muddy is viable.

Hey, stop hating on doduo. you are making him sad :(

Also while it would be nice for Kingdra to have HP electric it is far from needed. I would personally prefer HP Electric over muddy water based on my current Kingdra sets but i'm sure others would disagree. There are plenty of viable Kingdra set you can make both for Doubles and OU which do not have any need for hp electric.