New Map Pages for Caves

WolfgangDamien

Question

For pretty much every pokemon game, you have always needed to buy a Walkthrough Guide to get through caves, or google the maps online nowadays.

My suggestion is to create new maps pages in-game for caves and sell them in-game for PokeYen or maybe even Battle Points. The pages will be added to your current Town Map feature in extra pages like the Sevii Islands. 

You could have an NPC near every cave entrace selling "Guide Books" for the cave youre about to enter. You could makes Guide Book a fairly large amount so that new players still have to attempt to solve the cave on their own, with an option to buy it when they return to the cave at a later date. Or dont? I bet new players would love the be able to buy a Guide Book to get through the cave without having to go outside of the game to find information. 

I think having these new Guide Books as an in-game feature would also boost another under-utilized career field in PokeMMO, as a Cave Tour Guide. A few times Ive guided newbies through caves for a small fee of 1k while using a walkthrough map myself. If a Guide Book is too expensive, people could offer this service as a cheaper alternative, and get rid of a lot of people ever going outside of PokeMMO for information. 

For example, if a single Guide Book was 25k, I could buy one for myself and open a new Tour Guide Service outside of that tunnel, once Ive guided 25 people, Ive made my money back and started profitting, and a Tour Guide group could be as large as I can attract. 

I like finding new "career fields" in PokeMMO, it adds to the experience and fun when you have creative options to make money other than a daily grind. Makes me feel more immersed in the pokemon world.

9 answers to this question

thats a good idea but u cant provide carrers for a million players

its just one more little thing people can do for fun lol i dont expect everyone to do it because it could never be as lucrative as being a breeder, a fossil hunter, or normal vs seeker battler. For me its more of a "what do I feel like doing to make a little money today?" situation

All the caves in the game are quite easy and self explenatory, the most difficult one might be lost cave if you dont know the trick to it. other than that rocktunnel can be tricky without flash.

Well the caves have always been the most difficult part of Pokemon games for me because I have dyslexia.. I need a map every time even though Ive been playing these games for almost 20 years. It would be easier on me as a veteran player too so I dont have to go back and forth between a walk through map and PokeMMO. 

I understand the reason you specifically need maps, but most players have either memorized the caves from playing through them before, or enjoy the feeling of exploring new areas. Understandably, the devs only implement things that affect or appeal to most players.

I understand the reason you specifically need maps, but most players have either memorized the caves from playing through them before, or enjoy the feeling of exploring new areas. Understandably, the devs only implement things that affect or appeal to most players.

I personally dont think this is true at all. Most new players dont know how to get through caves, and most veteran players I know always google a walk-through map.

I personally dont think this is true at all. Most new players dont know how to get through caves, and most veteran players I know always google a walk-through map.

I guess I just haven't met as many people as I thought. At any rate, caves are meant to time-consuming and puzzling. It's been their purpose since the first cave in any game. Personally, I'd rather this feature not be implemented, but it's only my opinion. I don't really have any reasoning to support it.

I guess I just haven't met as many people as I thought. At any rate, caves are meant to time-consuming and puzzling. It's been their purpose since the first cave in any game. Personally, I'd rather this feature not be implemented, but it's only my opinion. I don't really have any reasoning to support it.

I agree the caves are supposed to be challenging, but after youve gotten all the badges theyre just annoying. I see this addition helping more in end-game play more than new players getting through the cave the first time. Also, its just good practice to keep your players from going outside the game for information.