Reducing price on the GTL

hannahtaylor

Question

I've had a quick look through and can't find a suggestion like this, correct me if I'm wrong.

I think that when it gets to the last few days of your listing you have you should have  the option to reduce the price of your Pokemon/item, at any time!

Edited by hannahtaylor

5 answers to this question

It's been mentioned in some general discussion about GTL, but probably wasn't extracted into a separate suggestion.

Generally I support this very much, but why only "when it gets to the last few days of your listing"? :) I see nothing wrong in the possibility to alter the price even 5 minutes after posting. You could always change your mind and consider your original price too high. Currently you have to cancel and put your listing again, which means paying the tax twice even for small price corrections.

What's more, I was thinking also about the possibility to increase the price, e.g. for cases when you missed one '0' at the end of your price (assuming you're fast enough to notice that and correct it before someone buys for the low price :P).

Of course lowering the price shouldn't give a tax refund, and increasing the price should consume the tax difference between original and new price, to prevent abuse.

It's been mentioned in some general discussion about GTL, but probably wasn't extracted into a separate suggestion.

Generally I support this very much, but why only "when it gets to the last few days of your listing"? :) I see nothing wrong in the possibility to alter the price even 5 minutes after posting. You could always change your mind and consider your original price too high. Currently you have to cancel and put your listing again, which means paying the tax twice even for small price corrections.

What's more, I was thinking also about the possibility to increase the price, e.g. for cases when you missed one '0' at the end of your price (assuming you're fast enough to notice that and correct it before someone buys for the low price :P).

Of course lowering the price shouldn't give a tax refund, and increasing the price should consume the tax difference between original and new price, to prevent abuse.

I don't understand the suggestions that refer to the 'last few days' because every time you go on it resets.

Oh I didn't notice that it resets! I was only saying that because if something doesn't sell, I would just reduce the price and put it up again so it was just in case it wasn't selling. But yes, at any time is a good idea!

I agree with this completely. I have several pichus that have been sitting in the GTL for weeks simply because the price was fair when I put them up and is now considered too high. I leave them there (causing more clutter in the GTL which is something else that I think should be addressed) because paying the tax each time you try to sell the same pokemon for a new price is just too expensive. If you lower the price, not only are you cutting into the profit by selling for less, you also cut deeper thanks to the tax. The GTL is a great thing to have, but it certainly some work. [spoiler]Also, HHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :D[/spoiler]

Edited by BigShotJoe