Ideas for Groudon and Kyogre (and more)

Matoka

Question

I'm assuming that they will get the Mewtwo / Rayquaza treatment and be unable to be your permanent pokes

Dev's probably already have an idea for what they want to do for this but i'm just chipping in an idea, In mt chimney maybe Groudon could be rarely found and maybe on route 127 (Or while diving? one or the other, not sure what's better.) Kyogre could be found, more Pokemon for people to put in their pokedex and more things to battle for like mewtwo server-wide. both of these assuming you have progressed past calling rayquaza to sootopolis city, otherwise the team aqua / magma story lines could get hilariously confusing.

Basing this off the assumption that pokes that are too powerful (and would be meta defining) will get the same treatment I assume that includes Lugia, Deoxys, Latios but i'm unsure where to draw the line since Ho-Oh is borderline objectively not that good apart from it's stat total and the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi pokes are a little too lackluster sweeping wise to warrant the unobtainable status (Imo) and the trios vary so much so I guess i'll just attempt to come up with ideas where they could all be found if they were given the wild encounter limited catch time treatment (I know it's fairly obvious where they would go mostly)

Mew:  Pokemon Mansion (Lots of lore, also no one spends more time than absolutely necessary there.)

Moltres: Mount Ember
Articuno: Icefall Cave

Zapdos: Powerplant makes sense but is too early game IMO, so I would pick Seavault canyon
Celebi: Berry Forrest (or pattern bush)

Entei: Tanoby Chambers (Based off the pokemon movie, Entei was closely tied to the Unkown.)
Raikou: >Insert seveii island route note yet used Oh wait, there's only Ruin Valley or Memorial pillar, take your pick i guess.
Suicune: Cape Brink (on the water, or off? both make sense i guess.)

Lugia: water labyrinth or green path (both of them are water routes that are rarely traversed)

Ho-Oh: Treasure Beach

Jirachi: Meteor Falls, maybe the room with Bagon? maybe just the whole of meteor falls. Although i hope we can keep it.
Deoxys: Pressuming it isn't put on birth island: I have no clue, I can't think of anything thematically correct, Victory Road???

Regirock: Random encounter inside his cave or Route 111 (The desert part)

Regice: Random encounter inside his cave or Shoal Cave

Registeel: Random encounter inside his cave or Route 120

Latias / Latios: Uhh, I guess you could have them appear the same way they do in the games with a system similar to "Did player say they saw a blue pokemon on the TV? if yes: Latios, otherwise Latias, What route it can be found on would be randomly chosen every 10 minutes server side, I guess that would make sense 

Since i can't see the future i listed all pokes and not just the ones I feel are guaranteed to never be allowed in player hands for long, however I feel like the distribution of pokes between regions would still be fairly balanced if some of the weaker pokemon were put into dungeons

Thanks for reading, typed more than i expected to.

7 answers to this question

You'd probably be wrong there.

Probably.

Darkshade, You are a tease with your probably ;~;

But at least if it's a probably for Groudon and Kyogre then it feels like Jirachi and Celebi (which I love) will be definitely available eventually :D

My suggestion was removed because it was very good.

But in all honestly , why can't we have tournaments for tradeable legends?

Like stated in OP , there's around 16 available legends we can use.

Just do an Official PvP once per year or something?

Pros

• It will strengthen the COMP Community
  • People will be more interested in the prizes and working towards something huge
  • Devs may take a bigger picture for comp players

Cons (?)

• Money sinkhole - making the Comps for the big event
  • Once a year may be too long for most of the Community 
Edited by Imperial

My suggestion was removed because it was very good.

But in all honestly , why can't we have tournaments for tradeable legends?

Like stated in OP , there's around 16 available legends we can use.

Just do an Official PvP once per year or something?

Pros

• It will strengthen the COMP Community
  • People will be more interested in the prizes and working towards something huge
  • Devs may take a bigger picture for comp players

Cons (?)

• Money sinkhole - making the Comps for the big event
  • Once a year may be too long for most of the Community 

This will not be happening at all.