Value lists in trade threads.

Rigamorty

We are discussing this topic currently.

Personally, if staff were of the opinion that they wanted to get rid of value discussion then value lists in trade threads make no sense. 

I was of the opinion that I wouldn't have one, but my hand was forced from the number of times people would whisper me ingame with shit offers and reference some shit shiny trader who posted a list of bias values, claiming that was the source of their information. 

I also get spammed day in, day out with people asking me values. This way I can just direct them to my thread should they want my values. However I feel this has clearly been taken advantage of by many, and you have players that have created trade threads with shit commons just to spam their values. 

Let the live trade market and the GTL decide value would be my opinion. It's just contradictory having value lists in threads. And this coming from a guy who has the most viewed thread in trade corner history and who's values clearly get the most views. 

Just my two cents on this anyway. 

I agree with Alpha , and would like to state my own opinion on this topic, referencing to the current GTL System , how the Community values shinies and an overall view.

GTL may be good for finding out an "average" value for shinies for many people , however there are 2 main points I would like to come across.

One is many people overprice (especially common) shinies via the GTL system. Those on the forums know the prices prior to past discussions, and luckily there are some of them who sell on CH1, also partly because of the taxes. However, as time goes on, this will happen less and with the neverending influx of new players, soon the common shinies will become inflated. Whether that is good or not, I am not sure. (A shiny tangela for 2m right now)

Secondly, in the past Value Discussion was mainly based on Shiny values. For example , you would value a Shiny Shellder around 10-11m, however people on GTL have been advertising it for around 8-9m. This is because you can only sell shinies on GTL for Pure cash , hence we decide a Cash value for these shinies rather than a shiny value like the past.

Personally, we would only be living up our values based on pure yen . We never really fully discussed values on shinies other than breakdowns/upgrades/direct trades. Another example ...

Shiny Koffing was valued 18m which was in shinies in some threads , but I've seen 2 Koffings on GTL which were attempted to sell for around 10-11m cash. (they were removed)

In conclusion , you can not necessarily rely on GTL for values on Shinies as it is purely based on cash value , which many users in the community are short of for several reasons. 

As for the value lists in trade threads , have been misused and with many shinies being very rare on the server at this current stage or not found at all , seems very unnecessary.