Value lists in trade threads.

Rigamorty

Why are they allowed?

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/59663-value-discussions-removal/

"we'd like to ask of you not to encourage pricing on the forums. Please do not create threads asking for prices, and/or transform existing threads about shinies into a new Value Discussion." 

these personal value lists are just people clinging onto the old way of things that the aim is to move away from, thus the removal of value discussion. 

About time someone made this thread. If you look closely all of the shinies that one person has are all overpriced compared to what they usually go for.

Koffing at 10 rofl and rare shinies that are only 2 around go way under what everyone else values trying to drop price to pick it.

It's the same thing as discussion thread

Edited by Gammaray

Apart from reasons stated above, which I agree with, there's another problem with the shiny value lists. Searching for a specific shiny (or just any Pokemon) on forums is now almost impossible. When you type a Pokemon name in the search bar, a bunch of topics show up as results, but only because that Pokemon is on the value list and the thread owner doesn't really have this Pokemon in his shop. Annoying.

Edited by kuziox

THIS has to go, please mods delete all shiny values from shops.

I'm frankly tired of people on trade chat linking me value lists from Trade Corner and claiming their shiny is worth that much because x person said that.

It's ridiculous.

Why just shinies, shouldn't it be everything at all?  Either way I think its kinda dumb to even have the trade corner if you can't say what you have in mind selling something for, just make them put stuff on GTL if its going to be that way.

If its legitimately a list of things for sale and not just a list of values anyways.

Why just shinies, shouldn't it be everything at all?  Either way I think its kinda dumb to even have the trade corner if you can't say what you have in mind selling something for, just make them put stuff on GTL if its going to be that way.

If its legitimately a list of things for sale and not just a list of values anyways.

you could have done 10 seconds of research before posting this garbage

here, i'll do your job for you: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/54000-shiigos-shop-shinies-dittos-updated-01092016-w-shiny-values/?p=1065799

Edited by Gunthug

you could have done 10 seconds of research before posting this garbage

here, i'll do your job for you: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/54000-shiigos-shop-shinies-dittos-updated-01092016-w-shiny-values/?p=1065799

I mean, i did look but that was in a rather out of the way spoiler nowhere near where the shinies actually were, either way yeah that list should probably go.

Looked in a handful of threads actually.

I mean, i did look but that was in a rather out of the way spoiler nowhere near where the shinies actually were, either way yeah that list should probably go.

Looked in a handful of threads actually.

surprisingly the first one i found was about 2 pages deep in VD, but there are 5+ of those lists and it's not too hard to deduce that they were the targets of this thread (which had been completely without staff comment for days before your misinterpretation)

Its a very sketchy thing though I can see this being a big issue, where do you draw the line? Do you let people post and ask how much they would pay for or trade for it?  That essentially becomes the same thing as value discussion doesn't it? or those lists to a lesser extent.

If not, how would trade corner work

Its a very sketchy thing though I can see this being a big issue, where do you draw the line? Do you let people post and ask how much they would pay for or trade for it?  That essentially becomes the same thing as value discussion doesn't it? or those lists to a lesser extent.

Isn't it simple? If you do not own what you are advertising, it's false advertising. Don't put a price on something you don't own. If people discuss prices of something not being advertised in these threads, that's just as off-topic as anything else unrelated to what's being sold.

Why just shinies, shouldn't it be everything at all? 

It should be everything. As for (comp) pokemon, this is not a huge problem, since you can easily estimate the value of a comp on your own (there have also been made a lot of guides to help with this.) Items, however, should also not have value lists. There is a certain value list in a certain thread in guide tavern that annoys me ever so slightly *cough* GTL guide *cough*

Edited by PandaJJ

Well obviously if someone has a particular shiny in their shop then people can post and ask about its value - as for asking "shiny traders" about values for shinies they don't have, it's far less impactful on the market when it's unsolicited, isolated valuations. As riga stated earlier, people are going to ask around about shiny values, but it's up to the seller to acquire the value they see fit for what they're selling, and they shouldn't be bound by these shiny value "bibles" that are clearly biased towards which shinies that particular list maker owns.

Edited by Gunthug

How do you know what one does or does not own tho?

What if they state that they are looking for shinnies and the price they are willing to pay? thats exactly what these lists are.

cut the bs already, removing the lists will lead to remove the whole trade corner.

How do you know what one does or does not own tho?

What if they state that they are looking for shinnies and the price they are willing to pay? thats exactly what these lists are.

cut the bs already, removing the lists will lead to remove the whole trade corner.

If that's actually what the purpose of those lists were maybe that'd be alright, but in reality it's just people clinging onto how value discussion worked. you talk up the shit you have to sell, talk down the shit you want to buy, hope some sorry sucker finds that search bar or now just ctrl+f's your/a friend's list and go from there. 

i've gone into someone's trade thread, they had a list, offered them a shiny they listed at 8 for one they had that they listed at 6, got told no. so clearly their list is a load of shit right there. if you can say no to something that you've got listed right there in a numbered fashion like that, there's obviously something going on.

I just want to say I greatly agree with removing these value lists. They clearly don't serve a purpose of actually selling or buying the shiny listed according to examples  given above.

Imo, rules should be you can only put a price tag on something you sell or something you are looking to buy for a given price.

I also agree that it should not only include shinies but other items and pokemon too but I never seen such lists for that tbh.

What is more if removal of value discussion was done in order to get rid of biased values and let the market stabilize through GTL then these value lists really kill the purpose.

At least at value discussion shiny traders discussed and validated each others values now these are just made by a bunch of people in shiny teams to try to manipulate the market prices without any discussion whatsoever.

On the other hand, though GTL mechanics are bad for selling shinies especially the rare ones. Nobody has so much pure cash to pay and taxes are really big at that value ranges. I don't think it will help stabilize shiny market for anything else than commons.

Last but not the least these lists are extremely annoying when searching for comp pokes and UTs. Many of the top results are these shiny lists cause they include all pokemon available. 

Edit:

I also think that random comments asking about  prices of things neither buyer nor seller has, should be moderated the same as 'nice shop', 'cool comp', 'long time no see how you've been' comments that are regularly removed from trade threads. :P These can be discussed in PMs 

Edited by slidingpanda

Imo it should be deleted also because all noobs who dont know values will go there and those peoples who set the values will most likely raise the value of theyre own stuff and devalue others i already noticed it in most shops tbh noobs might not notice but for me its easy to see /notice.

Not only that it gets them views for theyre shop and makes people check theyre shop more so in that sense makes them sell more.

If devs dont wanna delete them then why not just re add value disc lol

Edited by SneaKyKhaLidA