Monthly reward at battle frontier.

lilyek

Question

I had an idea, which would provide monthly rewards for ranked players in the battle frontier.

This idea would reward the players with such as battle points, items that can be achieved in this area, or money.

Depending on the player rankings according to the building in which they are classified, the rewards could be different.

I think it would motivate some players to spend more time over there if their efforts are rewarded.

The rankings could also be reset at the beginning of each month, like that each player will have a new chance to win prizes.

Edited by lilyek

7 answers to this question

More incentive to do the battle tower sounds good to me. I'm already having a blast climbing the 2 man ladder with a buddy, if there are rewards involved, it will be even more fun. Should probably limit the prices to BP only, and probably to the top 5 (top 10 for duo), so BP doesn't lose value.

So you make an high score no one else can beat and you get free money every week/month?

With a reset of the ranking every week/month others players can pretend to win something, a comp player don't need xxxK bp every week.

And this is not really "free money" to make an high score you need some specific pokemon for each building, that ask time and money at the begining to be ranked.

I don't think this will be implemented (if it is, it likely won't be soon), but what about personal challenges? For example, there could be an NPC that has a new challenge every day or week (or maybe whenever you finish the previous one) like "Beat 7 trainers in a row with X Pokemon for xxx Battle Points (or maybe an item of sort. Something equivalent to the challenge)." Other challenges could be based on completion time, total number of turns, and doing so without using any direct attacks, for example. Of course, this would probably take a lot of coding and would likely require a lot of new mechanics to be developed, but It would be cool to see. It'd give players reason to train more than a porygon2, arcanine, and gengar for the Battle Frontier while also taking some of the monotony out of grinding 30k BP.

I don't think this will be implemented (if it is, it likely won't be soon), but what about personal challenges? For example, there could be an NPC that has a new challenge every day or week (or maybe whenever you finish the previous one) like "Beat 7 trainers in a row with X Pokemon for xxx Battle Points (or maybe an item of sort. Something equivalent to the challenge)." Other challenges could be based on completion time, total number of turns, and doing so without using any direct attacks, for example. Of course, this would probably take a lot of coding and would likely require a lot of new mechanics to be developed, but It would be cool to see. It'd give players reason to train more than a porygon2, arcanine, and gengar for the Battle Frontier while also taking some of the monotony out of grinding 30k BP.

Your idea is really good, and we have already had some NPC like this for Halloween and Christmas , so I think it is entirely possible to do so (although I don't know much).