Pokedex options

pachima

Question

As requested, I´m starting this thread about pokedex rate encounters.

My idea is to implement an option in the pokedex, which allowed us to order the encounter rate of a specific pokemon by its rarity  or even order it by level.

The order would be made by internal percentages only known by the game.

There are several places where a pokemon is common, but with a much better probability in one than another. This could fix the problem without giving us exact values. 

Feel free to discuss.

Edited by pachima

7 answers to this question

If I'm reading this correctly, you want the Pokedex to list all the locations a certain Pokemon can be found and give a general idea of how rare it is, right? 

If this is correct, the Pokedex already does this with the "Wild Locations" tab.
If this is not what you meant, please clarify.

If I'm reading this correctly, you want the Pokedex to list all the locations a certain Pokemon can be found and give a general idea of how rare it is, right? 

If this is correct, the Pokedex already does this with the "Wild Locations" tab.
If this is not what you meant, please clarify.

No, they want an option to sort the encounter locations by the internal encounter rates.

Ah, I see. In that case, I don't see this happening. The devs were generous enough to give the rarity tier for each location any given Pokemon can be found. I don't think it's too much to ask that a person just scroll through the list they provided and find an area that suits your needs.

Ah, I see. In that case, I don't see this happening. The devs were generous enough to give the rarity tier for each location any given Pokemon can be found. I don't think it's too much to ask that a person just scroll through the list they provided and find an area that suits your needs.

This suggestion is actually not bad, since there's another one up about giving the exact percentages; this balances that.

It keeps the Common, Uncommon, Rare tiers but sorts them by rarity; e.g.:

In a location the pokemon encounter rate is: A 30%: B 35%; C 20%; and D 15%.

How the pokedex currently shows it: A common, B common, C uncommon, D rare

How it would show with this: B common, A common, C uncommon, D rare   

Because B>A.

This suggestion is actually not bad, since there's another one up about giving the exact percentages; this balances that.

It keeps the Common, Uncommon, Rare tiers but sorts them by rarity; e.g.:

In a location the pokemon encounter rate is: A 30%: B 35%; C 20%; and D 15%.

How the pokedex currently shows it: A common, B common, C uncommon, D rare

How it would show with this: B common, A common, C uncommon, D rare   

Because B>A.

Pretty much this.

And if many players in one place is a problem, you can sort it by ranges of 5/10%.

For instance, a common with 35% would be sorted as equal to one of 30%, but separated of one of 25%.

I´m sure there are a lot of places with similar rarities, meaning a lot of players would get to choose different places.

I don´t know if I made myself clear, please reply.

Ok, I misunderstood what yo were initially asking. I read it at like 3 a.m. >.> If you are hoping for something like this, I don't think the Pokedex is the right place to put it. I could see this being a guide on the forums, but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere in the Dex.

Ok, I misunderstood what yo were initially asking. I read it at like 3 a.m. >.> If you are hoping for something like this, I don't think the Pokedex is the right place to put it. I could see this being a guide on the forums, but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere in the Dex.

It already is in pokedex just needs a clickable header (to sort ASC / DESC as on GTL) or simply be put in the right order from the beginning. xD