best community EVER

deathsway

so i started playing 2 days ago and obviously i dont know how to price check what a pokemon is worth yet i have been just playing thru the game. well i recieved what i thought was a decent hitmonchan from the fighting dojo ton so i decided to ask for my first price check in chat(which i have seen people do many times) and i was told to figure it out myself and since i didnt know how to do it i was a moron. what a good mature community that is going on here :)

This community is toxic. Channel chat is useless. Everyone in a while tho you will find some friendly people and join a team if you continue. If you are looking for a price check there is a new thing called Global Trade Link (GTL) where people sell pokemon and items. currently it is not 100% stable and prices fluctuate but if you search hitmonchan and look at how the other peoples hitmonchan look compared to yours and look at their prices. You will find somewhat of a range of where yours belongs in terms of price. Just know that channel chat is useless and annoying but there are a select few that do help.

The Community is mainly toxic in game because it's full of people who like to 'troll' , as well as those who can't string together a sentence in English and expect you to fluently speak their language. (Like, tf?) .Trust me I've had my share and they're not even worth mentioning their existance on this planet. However, if you encounter a Team chat, you'll find yourself in a completely contrast community.

I would recommend making friends through the Forums , then get to know some of their friends/team and attempt to build up ranks to become either a Breeder/Shiny trader or Comp player (depends on what you're into)

At the end of the day , if someone gives you a sarcastic answer like that just make a cheap move and tell them to **** themselves, block them and report them lel.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but remember you aren't alone, ignore the h8ers and try follow my advice in bold. :)

I don't think i've ever logged into an MMO and thought "i'll ask questions in a global/general chat and expect to get nothing but friendly answers." 

Go to vermillion ch 1 and ask normal chat, you're probably better off there since all people do there is stand around wishing they had something to do, someone might be bored enough to humor you.

This community is toxic. Channel chat is useless. Everyone in a while tho you will find some friendly people and join a team if you continue. If you are looking for a price check there is a new thing called Global Trade Link (GTL) where people sell pokemon and items. currently it is not 100% stable and prices fluctuate but if you search hitmonchan and look at how the other peoples hitmonchan look compared to yours and look at their prices. You will find somewhat of a range of where yours belongs in terms of price. Just know that channel chat is useless and annoying but there are a select few that do help.

The Community is mainly toxic in game because it's full of people who like to 'troll' , as well as those who can't string together a sentence in English and expect you to fluently speak their language. (Like, tf?) .Trust me I've had my share and they're not even worth mentioning their existance on this planet. However, if you encounter a Team chat, you'll find yourself in a completely contrast community.

I would recommend making friends through the Forums , then get to know some of their friends/team and attempt to build up ranks to become either a Breeder/Shiny trader or Comp player (depends on what you're into)

At the end of the day , if someone gives you a sarcastic answer like that just make a cheap move and tell them to **** themselves, block them and report them lel.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, but remember you aren't alone, ignore the h8ers and try follow my advice in bold. :)

thank you for the advice i did find out about the GTL on google and used it and relized that the hitmonchan cant be sold anyway lmao i was just amazed how the guy realy thought i should know something like that with mayb 8 hours in game time lol but people on here are right most mmos do have shit for communitys i guess i thought pokemon would b diffrent seeing how it is a game that i would figure most people are playing for nostalgia reasons so i figured it would have more mature older players guess i was wrong ahh well and i did get into a small nice team ton

Edited by deathsway

thank you for the advice i did find out about the GTL on google and used it and relized that the hitmonchan cant be sold anyway lmao i was just amazed how the guy realy thought i should know something like that with mayb 8 hours in game time lol but people on here are right most mmos do have shit for communitys i guess i thought pokemon would b diffrent seeing how it is a game that i would figure most people are playing for nostalgia reasons so i figured it would have more mature older players guess i was wrong ahh well and i did get into a small nice team ton

People forget that Pokemon is targeted at a group for kids, some of these players though are 20+ year old Adults, most who have a 'job' , that's what I'd bear in mind if anyone was ever rude again to you in game.

In a more humorous note though , wait until you ask people in game about shiny rates ...

---

Note: As for searching for a team in general , check the 'Round Table' on the Forums, there's teams for new and experienced players, whether you want to be a shiny trader or enter the Comp playerbase, there's something for you!

I hope this helps , if you have any further questions I would be happy to try help you the best I can.

Edited by Imperial

People forget that Pokemon is targeted at a group for kids, some of these players though are 20+ year old Adults, most who have a 'job' , that's what I'd bear in mind if anyone was ever rude again to you in game.

In a more humorous note though , wait until you ask people in game about shiny rates ...

---

Note: As for searching for a team in general , check the 'Round Table' on the Forums, there's teams for new and experienced players, whether you want to be a shiny trader or enter the Comp playerbase, there's something for you!

I hope this helps , if you have any further questions I would be happy to try help you the best I can.

I heard CiX are recruiting, go try your luck there =)

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/44293-cix-cloud-ix-now-recruiting/

Edited by LionKIng

i thought pokemon would b diffrent

hugs.

for me, I used to get this before PokeMMO:

[spoiler]

One of the community mods, back when servers were hosted on players side. Constantly creating unbalanced teams:

67020065.png

They are going to try to stack teams most of the time to make teams unfair (6 vs 3. etc.) and you know it and it's sorta funny after awhile.

13989699.png

You decide to ignore unbalanced teams and you play on and kill a couple of the mod's friends and you get the warning:

83606829.png

You say you're a girl one time and then they are going to constantly call you guy names (chris, brandon, etc.) just for the lols of it:

62292357.png

Mod shoots your leg off when you spawn (enter) the game so you have to limp around. You think "so what", I'll just shoot them back. You get the disguised ban warning:

82667018.png

Constant "defamation of character" in public. You're not allowed to to do this to other people here in PokeMMO forums. Also since servers were player owned, they would "IP track" connections which means you could never hide even if you changed names.

80433098.png

[/spoiler]

In PokeMMO the worst thing I get called is a "wallerrrooooooooooooo". So, like kaynine says, PokeMMO... it's not perfect. We have our trolls. Some even say it's toxic. There have been times I have been upset too, but one thing for sure is it's still way more relaxed than your typical sniper game for example. I think you got some really kind and considerate answers in this thread. You should be pleased because that is a good sign. See you in game, good luck.

Edited by bl0nde

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.