Why do you play pokemmo

Rajat

I just recently heard about this game and immediatly downloaded it and started playing. i think im at 20 hours or so. I am absolutly blown away, this REALLY is the Pokemon game i always wanted. i cant help but scratch my head on why Nintendo hasnt jumped at the opportunity to create something like this, hell everyone and their mother has been asking for a pokemon mmo, since pokemon lol. i DO however have a few seriouse concerns. ONE, the battle animations. Now, i DID get a response from a dev and he said the NEXT update would include many of the currently missing attack animations and thats good news. I feel, without them it feels a little too "Knock Off-y". and TWO, this one A LOT of people have been asking but ive been unable to locate any official response of ANY kind from the devs and that is legendaries. Now, the WHOLE POINT of Pokemon is to "Catch em All" but with out legendaries its not only impossible but it really kinda defeats the whole purpose of playing. Theres no end goal to strive for. The legendaries could be nerfed into the ground for all i care, or perhaps when battling other players, theres a "Legendary" OPTION that will either onlly allow you to use your legendaries if the other player ALSO has legendaries OR maybe both players can ONLY USE ONE legendary each OR if the other player does NOT have a legendary, the player with one will simply have to throw him in the bank and grab a different one for that battle. If the devs decided to go the NERF route, cool. make zapdos a LITTLE BIT stronger than Electrabuzz and call it a day. now the next obstacle is having the legendary pokemon, remain a legendary rarity. For this i was thinking, maybe instead of just going up to the legendary sprite, maybe you have a VERY SMALL chance of finding them in a WILD BATTLE IN the area that legendary sprite would normally be found. using this method, you could lower the % chance of finding them as low as you wanted, hell id even PERFER it to be miniscule. Simply KNOWING that you CAN catch these pokemon makes all the difference! I hope the devs can figure something out because once battle animation and the ability to catch legendaries are IN, god damn will this be a game thats hard to leave

I just recently heard about this game and immediatly downloaded it and started playing. i think im at 20 hours or so. I am absolutly blown away, this REALLY is the Pokemon game i always wanted. i cant help but scratch my head on why Nintendo hasnt jumped at the opportunity to create something like this, hell everyone and their mother has been asking for a pokemon mmo, since pokemon lol. i DO however have a few seriouse concerns. ONE, the battle animations. Now, i DID get a response from a dev and he said the NEXT update would include many of the currently missing attack animations and thats good news. I feel, without them it feels a little too "Knock Off-y". and TWO, this one A LOT of people have been asking but ive been unable to locate any official response of ANY kind from the devs and that is legendaries. Now, the WHOLE POINT of Pokemon is to "Catch em All" but with out legendaries its not only impossible but it really kinda defeats the whole purpose of playing. Theres no end goal to strive for. The legendaries could be nerfed into the ground for all i care, or perhaps when battling other players, theres a "Legendary" OPTION that will either onlly allow you to use your legendaries if the other player ALSO has legendaries OR maybe both players can ONLY USE ONE legendary each OR if the other player does NOT have a legendary, the player with one will simply have to throw him in the bank and grab a different one for that battle. If the devs decided to go the NERF route, cool. make zapdos a LITTLE BIT stronger than Electrabuzz and call it a day. now the next obstacle is having the legendary pokemon, remain a legendary rarity. For this i was thinking, maybe instead of just going up to the legendary sprite, maybe you have a VERY SMALL chance of finding them in a WILD BATTLE IN the area that legendary sprite would normally be found. using this method, you could lower the % chance of finding them as low as you wanted, hell id even PERFER it to be miniscule. Simply KNOWING that you CAN catch these pokemon makes all the difference! I hope the devs can figure something out because once battle animation and the ability to catch legendaries are IN, god damn will this be a game thats hard to leave

Nice venting, but why do you play pokemmo? Edited by Zeal

-Really long post-

The issue with legedary Pokemon is keeping them balanced in comp play amd also keeeping them rare. There are no plans to mess with the base stats of them just for the sake of balance because that would be a horrible way to add them. Currently Mewtwo and Rayquaza are availablw as PvP events but only one can exist on the server at any given time and you must fight to keep it. There are plans to add the rest later but with the goals to keep comp play balanced and keeping them rare. They wouldn't be legendary if everyone had one in an MMO.

The issue with legedary Pokemon is keeping them balanced in comp play amd also keeeping them rare. There are no plans to mess with the base stats of them just for the sake of balance because that would be a horrible way to add them. Currently Mewtwo and Rayquaza are availablw as PvP events but only one can exist on the server at any given time and you must fight to keep it. There are plans to add the rest later but with the goals to keep comp play balanced and keeping them rare. They wouldn't be legendary if everyone had one in an MMO.

So we're going to pretend adding them to the meta properly is equally important as keeping them "Legendary" because those two should not have similar priorities.

I don't know if you know what 3rd Gen OU is supposed to look like (Regardless of the physical-special split) but this is not it. 

So we're going to pretend adding them to the meta properly is equally important as keeping them "Legendary" because those two should not have similar priorities.
I don't know if you know what 3rd Gen OU is supposed to look like (Regardless of the physical-special split) but this is not it.

They're probably just using that excuse as an easy-to-access reasoning point that attempts to make their laziness seem credible.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.