Build your own Pokemon Gym (18th January - 29th February)

Noad

CONTINUATION:

• LASS GOGO

[spoiler]

Trainer Sprite

1zn23nl.png

Overworld Sprite

25ireqe.png

Pokémon Team

i524js.png

Script

• Before battle

"Are you gonna beg for mercy? You can beg better than that!"

• Being defeated

"Bingo! You got me."

[/spoiler]

• OLD LADY SOFIE

[spoiler]

Trainer Sprite

2uf3ukg.png

Overworld Sprite

5o58j9.png

Pokémon Team

rk5yz9.png

Script

• Before battle

"My one true love passed away and I was deeply depressed, but now I found passion in Pokémon battles. How odd. Fuhuhu."

• Being defeated

"Viridian is a safer place now because Beatrix protects Viridian City and Viridian Forest from the Team Rocket. She is constantly threatened by them, but that is what you get when you disrupt their plans. Fuhuhuhuhu."

[/spoiler]

• TWINS B. & B.

[spoiler]

Trainer Sprite

25r1co0.png

Overworld Sprite

2rgz6tw.png

Pokémon Team

ounu5v.png

Script

• Before battle

"B.: The Gym has a Pinsir on display, so you don’t need to go to Safari Zone to see one!

B.: Pinsir is so scary! But also strong, just like Beatrix.

B. & B.: Let’s play!"

• Being defeated

"We don’t wanna play anymore! Where is mommy?"

[/spoiler]

• GENTLEMAN JULES

[spoiler]

Trainer Sprite

2ik2lur.png

Overworld Sprite

b6stc4.png

Pokémon Team

13z7hvo.png

Script

• Before battle

"I dare you! I double dare you!"

• Being defeated

"Describe what Beatrix looks like. Does she looks like a weak?"

[/spoiler]

TRIVIA

[spoiler]

• The Viridian Gym, also known as House of Blue Leaves, is the most diversified Gym of the Kanto region. It has trainers of different ages, ethnicity and genders.  
  • The Viridian Gym has a Pinsir on display because of its rarity and also because is the Beatrix’s signature Pokémon.
  • The Twins B. & B. are not the only sisters in the Gym. Kimono Girl Oren and Lass Gogo are sisters too. Kimono Girl Oren likes elegant Pokémon, while Lass Gogo likes aggressive ones.  
  • Although her title being Queen Bee, Beatrix does not use a Beedrill in battles. The appropriate title would Queen of Bugs, but it would not sound cool and catchy. She would love being called Queen of Beetles, but unfortunately titles are given by other people.

[/spoiler]

BÔNUS

[spoiler]

POLICE OFFICER BEATRIX

Trainer Sprite

21myd87.png

Overworld Sprite

x2mcsz.png

Patrolling Viridian Forest :3

2z8an89.png

[/spoiler] 

Edited by guigoz0rd

Hey!

Someone else has used a similar idea to what I've had planned! :'( Hopefully that won't count against me!

Do gyms have a certain size? as in X number of cells by Y number of cells?

Also I dont have any programs fro using sprites or anything like that so I have come up with a secret creative way of showing my gym! Again, hoping that it won't count against me here!

(I should probably wait until my question are answered first before posting this but i don't want to forget about it)

Gym Leader

[spoiler]

bujlHFL.png

At the start of the battle: Don’t worry, my water Pokémon are strong enough to carry you to the Pokémon Centre!

If challenger wins: That was the most exciting battle I ever had in a while!

If challenger loses: Looks like I’ll be holding onto the badge until you come back with a stronger team, eh?

Gym Leader's pokemon

[spoiler](The cute-ish team)

RKfBeTg.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler](The Rain Team)

Un24BoI.jpg[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

The Gym, Gym Trainers and the Gym Badge

[spoiler]Type: Water

4AsF4sV.png

The Trainers

[spoiler]NDStGCr.png[/spoiler]

The Special Trainers

[spoiler]B4WmJq8.png[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

When the gym leader isn't home

[spoiler]QTMJevq.jpg[/spoiler]

IGN: HamburgerHero

(I may or may not had spent more time on drawing pictures than figuring out everything else)

EDIT:

I forgot to add the badge sprite

[spoiler]umVB57n.png

(sorry if its really small) [/spoiler]

Edited by WurstPotato
  • 2 weeks later...

IGN: WolfgangDamien

I worked all month on this entry! Hope you enjoy it!  :D

Everything is completely original work except for a few items you'll recognize from the actual game and the NPC sprites. Guest appearances by VCO (Viper Corp) members are identified by their custom sprite work!

Gym Type: Normal

Gym Leader: Mad Scientist Wolfgang 

HHZ93kY.jpg

[spoiler]

Images

[spoiler]

sprite:     y9l8ujy.png

full body:    H4qAjng.jpg

[/spoiler]

Backstory

[spoiler]

An accomplished scientist already, being in his 40's, Wolfgang was a former researcher on the Mewtwo project, as well as a key member of the team responsible for creating Ditto. After being blamed in-part for Mewtwo's nature and inability to be controlled, he had a falling out with Team Rocket, Giovanni himself fired Wolfgang. Over the years, Wolfgang's personality had been noted to change, gradually but definitely, from an innocent and eager young scientist entralled by the mysteries of nature into an arrogant ego-maniac who believed he could not only control nature, but bend it to his will.

Wolfgang himself will not speak on the issue of Mewtwo, but other researchers have rumored that they believe it was directly Wolfgang's programming of Mewtwo that lead to Team Rocket's downfall, as he was a lead scientist involved with overseeing the project. Only he would have had the access, and the sheer gall required to reprogram Giovanni's pet project.

Suspicions aside, the scientist pursued his own personal research and took up commissions to further his... experiments. Breeding super-pokemon for competitive Trainers funded Wolfgang's research for a while, but good clients who are willing to pay well were few and far between. Wolfgang needed a set and established facility, like the one hidden underneath the Viridian City Gym owned by Giovanni and Team Rocket. But a similar facility as well-equipped as that would require liquid millions he did not have.

After the Global Trade Link's ribbon cutting ceremony, Wolfgang saw a golden opportunity to fund his scientific research. Immediately he emptied his over-filled stock room of rare and genetically altered pokemon and other... failed experiments of value, as well as listing a large portion of his collection of rare stones, gems and fossils collected during various expeditions to Rock Tunnel and Meteor Falls in Hoenn. Wolfgang became a millionaire overnight. 

A couple of weeks after the opening of the GTL Wolfgang came upon the deal of a lifetime, he could hardly believe his eyes! The Viridian City Gym itself was listed for sale! What luck! It must have been fate. The thought process took maybe 5 or 6 seconds, but the scientist's heart did not beat and his lungs did not draw breath while his eyes scanned between the price point listed and the credits in his account, checking each number and decimal twice to be sure... he had enough! Wolfgang clicked "BUY" and his heart began to beat again when a "1 Unread Mail" notification popped up on his PokeNav rather than the "Sorry the item appears to be gone" error he had expected. Air filled his lungs once again as he opened the mail to receive the Deed to Viridian City Gym. He now had his research facility. 

"Now I just need a proper lab coat..." 

[/spoiler]

Pokemon

[spoiler]

Backstory 

Ditto

Wolfgang's Ditto is a direct result of his time working on Ditto and Mewtwo. There were several Ditto used in the process of creating Mewtwo, and this particular Ditto was a "souvenir" Wolfgang took during the late stage of Mewtwo's creation where only the best Ditto could be used. Ditto's unbreakable loyalty to Wolfgang has some questioning whether or not THIS was the properly natured Ditto that SHOULD have become Giovanni's Mewtwo.  

Fearow

Fearow is one of the few wild-caught pokemon Wolfgang has kept through-out all his years both as a scientist and as a pokemon trainer. Born an exceptional specimen, and the very first spearow Wolfgang ever caught, Fearow's natural strengths may have sparked the drive in Wolfgang to seek out creating powerful pokemon of his own design. Fearow is Wolfgang's traveling companion and is almost always with him. 

Porygon2

Wolfgang had heard about Porygon years ago when it was invented and scoffed at its immaturity and underdevelopment compared to the Ditto project he was then currently a part of. Now that he had his own research facility and an upgraded Porygon2 was available and more desirable, Wolfgang obtained the plans to create his own. 

Vigoroth / Slaking 

Being a test subject for many experiments has mutated this once timid little Slakoth into a formidable pokemon powerhouse with characteristics not before seen in the Slakoth line.

Kecleon

Facinated with the ability to change types and camouflage itself, Wolfgang had to have a Kecleon of his own to research. Hes also found this pokemon has exceptional defenses to special attacks and has made it a regular in his battling team. 

Tauros

Tauros are primal power-houses with small brains that are easily confused, Wolfgang has been experimenting on the Kanto-native species looking for correlations between brains and brawn. 

Exploud

Exploud is Wolfgang's most recent experiment. After obtaining several Whismur specimens in a tunnel linking the Hoenn cities Verdanturf and Rustboro, the strongest ones started to mutate in the most hideous way while undergoing strength-intensifying experiments. These new bigger forms were stronger and could learn a vast range of physical and special techniques, but they were far, far mutated from their original cute and cuddly pink Whismur forms. 

ym0kPxL.png

[/spoiler]

Sayings

[spoiler]

Before the first match: "My hair is naturally green. It was one of my successful experiments in my youth. I regret nothing! BUAHAHA!! My name is Wolfgang, I am the Viridian City Gym Leader, but I am also a scientist! I have assembled my own team of genetically-altered super-pokemon. You may THINK a Normal-type gym sounds easy... but things are not all that they seem to be here! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA~!!!!

Win: "It looks as though you need to... experiment more. Bwuahahaha~!!"

Awarding a Badge: " Remarkable! You're an exceptional trainer! I award your efforts with this, the Experimental Badge. It signifies a knowledge of pokemon diversity, and a willingness to experiment, both of which are required to raise the best pokemon possible.

I'd also like to give you this, a Silk Scarf. It boosts the attack power of Normal-type moves. Many people underestimate the Normal type, show them how devastating their power can be by letting one of your pokemon hold this in battle!

I require strong trainers for my research, please come back and allow me to test my experiments on you again!"

Before a rematch: "I was hoping I'd see you again... Let me test my latest experiments on you! This match will determine if they are a success, or a failure! "

Win a rematch: " Aha! My experiments are a success! Excellent! Bwuahahaaa~!!"

Lose a rematch: "Hmm.. you have exploited a fault in my designs. It seems, I have more work to do.... "

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Gym Badge: Experimental Badge

[spoiler]

large, medium, and sprite sized

CdbIVg7.png

[/spoiler]

FIRST MATCH

[spoiler]

Immediately upon purchasing the Viridian City Gym, Wolfgang took to his experiments, locked up in the Gym all by himself. Strange lights and loud sounds could be seen and heard at random times during the days and nights. After a while, the Gym was reopened to allow for workers to come inside and remodel the place. No one is quite sure how the Gym got into it's current state, workers were simply told to rebuild. Trainers eager to get their last badge have been sneaking in among the workers to try to challenge the Gym Leader, so every worker is also a skilled pokemon trainer, instructed to keep weak trainers far from Wolfgang so he may continue his research in peace.

Floor 1

5bFb82V.png

Floor 1 explanation: 

[spoiler]

The floors have been stripped to the bare sub-floor beneath, save for a few missed tiles here and there, and most of the walls have been stripped to their insulation. Many of the entrances to interior rooms have been blocked off by dangerous holes in the floor, debris, or construction materials. To the left and right are the only rooms with clear entrances. 

The trainers in these rooms warn you with the following dialog: 

Scientist Russell: "Watch your step! Were doing construction on the Gym and its not really open to visitors yet! Theres holes in the floor everywhere. If you do fall in, theres ladders set up for your safety. "

Mad Scientist Crawford: "The geometry of this place is all off. If you fall through the hole in the floor here, and take the ladder downstairs back up to this floor, you'll be in a different room! "

Defeat the NPC trainers to gain access to the holes in the floor they are trying to repair. When you fall into the hole, you'll find yourself in a small room with nothing but a ladder on the Second floor. (shown on the Second Floor map as "A1 to B1" and "B1 to C1," etc. ) Take this ladder back up to the First floor and you'll find yourself to the next room over. B1 if you're on the left hand side, B2 if you're on the right hand side.

Only the holes protected by NPCs will lead to the next room. Falling through a hole in the floor in a hallway will lead you straight back to the entrance of the Gym. 

As you did in the last room, you must defeat the NPC in order to gain access to the hole in the floor. Drop down and climb back up the ladder, you'll find yourself in the third and final room in the very back of the Gym. 

Again, defeat the NPC trainer there to gain access to the hole. But this time, when you drop down the hole, you find yourself in the Hallway that was obstructed from the entrance. Choosing to go backward will send you back to the entrance, so you may go down the side of the Gym you missed the first time and battle all the NPCs. Choosing to go forward will take you down to the Second Floor Laboratory. 

[/spoiler]

Floor 2

w5oDsr1.png

Floor 2 explnation: 

[spoiler]

Finally reaching the Second Floor Laboratory, you walk out onto a balcony where you can clearly see the Gym Badge logo below you, signifying: you're almost to the Gym Leader. Down the stairs your path is blocked by a wall of strange green-liquid filled tanks, some are empty, and some have nondescript half-formed creatures inside them that may or may not be pokemon. 

Once passed the alien tanks, you run into two female scientists down here and one more male scientist, they must be Wolfgang's head assistants. You must defeat them in order to gain access to the Gym Leader and they are much tougher than anyone on the first floor. After defeating these three there is nothing else standing in the way between you and the Gym Leader.

[/spoiler]

Trainers: 

[spoiler]

1GhmMHG.png

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

REMATCH

[spoiler]

Since earning your badge the Viridian City Gym has undergone a complete transformation! Wolfgang has finished construction and the Gym looks better than ever! Receptionists await at the entrance to schedule appointments for matches, but it always seems to be booked full. The only way to reach the Gym Leader is to battle your way to him, but to keep weak and pesky trainers from bothering Wolfgang without an appointment, some precautions have been taken!

Floor 1

zKPnEWU.gif

Floor 1 explanation: 

[spoiler]

The hallways have been locked with high-tech password-protected doors. You'll need a password to open up each door. At the end of the hallway is a staircase leading down to the Second Floor Laboratory. You must defeat the NPC who knows the password to obtain it. Be warned! The trainers with the passwords are the strongest!

[/spoiler]

Floor 2

lm2hchu.gif

Floor 2 explanation: 

[spoiler]

Tile switches & doors: 

You walk out into a room full of tile switches and, again, the hallways have been locked by high-tech doors. These don't have a password and don't seem to be operated with a key either. Each tile switch opens one random door. You'll have to use good ol' trial and error to find which switches unlock the doors to the left or right hallway, as well as two more switches to open the hallway that leads deeper into the Laboratory. On either side, two of the three hallways lead to a dead-end, and some trainers are lurking in wait!

Arrows:

After finally finding the correct switches and hallway, you find yourself thrown immediately into another puzzle. Floor arrows obscure your path to the stairs at the end of the hallway. Navigate your way through the arrows and head to the stairway. (B1 and B2)

NPCs: 

Next you'll find yourself in a large secondary room next to the main laboratory, filled with large strange machines and scientists doing various tasks. They'll try to stop you from entering the main laboratory and bothering the Gym Leader. Defeat them and head for the staircase. (D1 and D2)

Finally, emerging from the E1 or E2 staircase, you've reached the main laboratory. The two female scientists Eve and Nicolette are still down here to prevent trainers from immediately challenging Wolfgang, but thankfully for you, Victor was relocated to the first floor as a password keeper. 

[/spoiler]

Trainers: 

[spoiler]

AIjPpFn.png

uZ0u289.png

[/spoiler] 

[/spoiler]

Edited by WolfgangDamien

IGN:ZiamNivek

[spoiler]

GYM LEADER DESCRIPTION:

vUBXEyB.pngHO6EB03.png
Name:Erick Volt
Nationality:Kanto
Leader Type:Electric type
Phrase to start the battle:My Pokemons have the power of a thousand storms. You can never beat
Phrase to lost the battle:Apparently I was wrong.Take this medal and the high command demonstrates how powerful you are
Phrase to win the battle:Still you are not ready for the elite four.Back when you grow stronger.
Description:
Since it was saved by an unknown bird electric. Erick Volt dedicated his life to studying these pokemon. 
I Just started his journey catch a pikachu pokemon that has been his lifelong companion. 
At the 21-year-old mechanic becomes to spend more time with the electric Pokemons. Now today is his chance to glow as a good leader gym.
[/spoiler]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[spoiler]
GYM LAYOUT:
tM5Dg7C.png
[/spoiler]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[spoiler]

GYM BADGE:

9bO4EKp.png

Noise Badge

[/spoiler]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[spoiler]

GYM LEADER's TEAM:

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER:

xyS92V8.png

THE SECOND ENCOUNTER:

ha7COOr.png

[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

TRAINERS

1°:

P0vGJjC.png

2°:

1VzGrCK.png

3°:

0qkLDwL.png

pZMvxak.png

5°:

gPhQY7Y.png

6°:

oNrx4Ew.png

7°:

ZuPeCVL.png

[/spoiler]

Edited by kevingamer1
  • 2 weeks later...