Build your own Pokemon Gym (18th January - 29th February)

Noad

can i choose a type that already has a gym that uses them in kanto and hoenn? (I'm going to do water type theme. If water isn't available I might just do dragon type)

[quote name="Toshley" post="1200026" timestamp="1452126992"]

Does the gym have to be a specific type? Or can it be more of a general theme?
edit: Just noticed damien posted it god dammit[/quote]
lol, wolf is going to be the champion of art contests

can i choose a type that already has a gym that uses them in kanto and hoenn? (I'm going to do water type theme. If water isn't available I might just do dragon type)

lol, wolf is going to be the champion of art contests

I have no problem with you using a type that already exists in another gym. It's all about creativity so have fun with it!

Because it's a Kanto gym, do the mons used by the trainers have to be from Kanto??

Id like to know this aswell. I think the original post said any pokemon available in the game. A clerfication would be nice though.

Any Pokemon implemented in PokeMMO except Legendaries.

Can a team be made up of multiples of the same pokemon?

Sure, but please note that you will be judged on your creativity regarding team building. So 6 of the same Pokemon would not be considered as seriously as 6 different Pokemon that build up a team.

Gym Leader ScriptEvery good gym leader needs a sassy catchphrase or two for any potential challengers. Take Blaine for example, who says "Hah! I am Blaine, the red-hot Leader of Cinnabar Gym! My fiery Pokémon are all ready with intense heat! They incinerate all challengers! Hah! You better have Burn Heal!" You will need to come up with 3 phrases; one for the leader to say when a duel starts, one that they will say when defeated and one they will say if they win a battle.

Coolio now's your time to shine...

Loving this idea though Noad. Great work, wouldnt usually be into events such as this but defo might enter this one :)

Sure, but please note that you will be judged on your creativity regarding team building. So 6 of the same Pokemon would not be considered as seriously as 6 different Pokemon that build up a team.

Cool. Ill definitely take this into consideration, because there ARE some very creative builds you could do with 6 of the same pokemon. But Im keeping those ideas to myself  :ph34r:

can the gym leader be from somewhere that isn't Kanto (like from Kalos or hoenn)?

As long as the leader is someone that you made up yourself, they can come from anywhere you like.

One question: Is the trainers in the gym limited to run the monotype of the Gym? In original games there are occasions where this isn't the case, such as Juggler running Psychic in Koga's Gym, the Zigzagoon kid in Mauville Gym and so forth.

I'm fine with this as long as the gym leader has a monotype team.

Does the gym leader need a full team of 6?

Kizhaz pls

• Gym Leader's TeamYou will be required to make two teams for the gym leader to use. One will be the team used for first time challengers and the other will be for those brave enough to ask for a rematch after defeating the leader. The first team must have a minimum of 3 Pokemon and a maximum of 5, their levels must be between 42 and 50. The second team must consist of 6 Pokemon at level 100. All Pokemon used by the gym leader must share the same typing as the gym and no legendaries are allowed. Generation 3 Pokemon only with the Physical/Special Split we have in game currently. You should detail moves, natures , held items and EVs for each Pokemon, feel free to explain any strategy behind your team.