Battle Frontier and Consumable Items

Kite

Question

Ok so currently in the Battle Frontier when challenging any of the places you are unable to give berries or any other consumable to your pokemon after the item was used during the challenge.

Example; Gengar reaches half of it's HP and uses Sitrus Berry to gain it's HP back. Then at the end of the battle, Gengar has no item for the remaining duration of the challenge.

For a solution I offer the 3 options. 

Option 1: Let the game be able to replenish the berry or item only when challenging the Battle Frontier as your pokemon is somewhat at a disadvantage. 

Or

Option 2: Between each round you can give your pokemon the same item it started out with.

Or

Option 3: Between each round at the cost of some BP the judge that starts each match will offer to replenish the same item that was used so your pokemon is able to essentially maintain it's advantage.

7 answers to this question

If I'm not mistaken, in the Battle Maison on the Generation 6 handhelds they replenish your berry if it's used. I know they did it for the Pokemon World Tournament in the Generation 5 handheld games too.

The folks in charge could just implement Option 1 (rip berry sink) and have it be done, because it doesn't give that much of an advantage boost to begin with.

Or maybe I'm thinking that it's too easy to get BP by slapping a Choice Band on an Aerodactyl/Tauros/Salamence and sweeping. Wouldn't hurt to add this for some folks who are trying to get CBs/other items, or testing their stuff on Frontier NPCs.

edit: RIP just remembered that Mental Herb and White Herb are consumable and cost BP, that's why this won't get implemented, cri

Edited by linwe

If I'm not mistaken, in the Battle Maison on the Generation 6 handhelds they replenish your berry if it's used. I know they did it for the Pokemon World Tournament in the Generation 5 handheld games too.

The folks in charge could just implement Option 1 (rip berry sink) and have it be done, because it doesn't give that much of an advantage boost to begin with.

Or maybe I'm thinking that it's too easy to get BP by slapping a Choice Band on an Aerodactyl/Tauros/Salamence and sweeping. Wouldn't hurt to add this for some folks who are trying to get CBs/other items, or testing their stuff on Frontier NPCs.

edit: RIP just remembered that Mental Herb and White Herb are consumable and cost BP, that's why this won't get implemented, cri

Instead of replenishing, just give people an option to give items to their pokemon to hold in between battles

(rip berry sink)

There is no berry sink in the Battle Frontier as of now, since the current system makes berries practically useless (lum berry could be useful to remove some rng, but mostly not.) The only thing the current system does is discouraging players from using berries in the Battle Frontier at all. There might be a reason for this, seing as salac berry, sitrus berry, chesto berry and lum berry are all potentially very powerful. If not, I would support one of the above suggestion to make it possible to replenish berries.

That is why option 3 was given for other items like White Herb and Mental Herb :P

But sitrus berry has the most usage from the farming standpoint for the KO place (the place that looks like a dojo)

There is no berry sink in the Battle Frontier as of now, since the current system makes berries practically useless (lum berry could be useful to remove some rng, but mostly not.) The only thing the current system does is discouraging players from using berries in the Battle Frontier at all. There might be a reason for this, seing as salac berry, sitrus berry, chesto berry and lum berry are all potentially very powerful. If not, I would support one of the above suggestion to make it possible to replenish berries.

all options are bad. the solution is to auto-replenish the item from your bag - if they find any

Definitely not saying that berries cost too much, because I know someone is probably going to see it and misconstrue it. If you use a berry every battle for 7 battles in a row, and you're trying to grind for .... let's say, a special move. Extremespeed for Dratini, Surf/Fly/Espeed on Pikachu, etcetera -- the money can add up to be a good amount.

Perhaps this can go hand-in-hand with berry farming? That we really hope for it to be implemented in the future.