Make RP Tradeable

PlayerOne

Question

14 answers to this question

Make this happen pleeease :)

If not RP itself then at least allow the rest of non-tradable RP items to be tradable. Especially boxes. We (or at least me) have box crisis now. You should cater for women too in this game and we really like buying a lot of stuff we aint gonna use in the nearest future :P  Buying a lot of cheap stuff on GTL along with already existing breeding system that encourages collecting many breeders makes it very hard for those who only have default number of boxes. Please let us turn our hard earned yen into boxes somehow.

Pros:

+ Less scams, less reports, less work to do for our dear moderators :)

+ More monies! I'm sure that there will be more people buying these to resell, demand will be huge.

Cons:

- Some people may complain that its pay to win but really additional boxes or vanities or amnesia brace don't even make you a better at battling and winning tournaments 

- More pokemon left in game rather then used or sold or released. Not sure if that has any crucial consequences though?

Edited by slidingpanda

Make this happen pleeease :)

If not RP itself then at least allow the rest of non-tradable RP items to be tradable. Especially boxes. We (or at least me) have box crisis now. You should cater for women too in this game and we really like buying a lot of stuff we aint gonna use in the nearest future :P  Buying a lot of cheap stuff on GTL along with already existing breeding system that encourages collecting many breeders makes it very hard for those who only have default number of boxes. Please let us turn our hard earned yen into boxes somehow.

Pros:

+ Less scams, less reports, less work to do for our dear moderators :)

+ More monies! I'm sure that there will be more people buying these to resell, demand will be huge.

Cons:

- Some people may complain that its pay to win but really additional boxes or vanities or amnesia brace don't even make you a better at battling and winning tournaments 

- More pokemon left in game rather then used or sold or released. Not sure if that has any crucial consequences though?

There definitely wouldn't be less scams, in fact I think there would be more scams. Say Scammer Joe is selling 1000 RP to Naive Billy for 1mil pokeyen. Last second Scammer Joe Reduces the price agreed on with RP to say 100 at the last second. Naive Billy doesn't notice it and trades his pokeyen. Naive Billy just got scammed.

There definitely wouldn't be less scams, in fact I think there would be more scams. Say Scammer Joe is selling 1000 RP to Naive Billy for 1mil pokeyen. Last second Scammer Joe Reduces the price agreed on with RP to say 100 at the last second. Naive Billy doesn't notice it and trades his pokeyen. Naive Billy just got scammed.

These are not the 'type' of scams I'm talking about here. What you describe has nothing to do with trading RP in particular - this scam can be done while trading anything and we already have plenty of mechanisms helping to prevent this (special price formatting, special confirmation). You just need to pay attention what you confirm.

However with trading RP as is now we don't have in-game trade system for that. In fact we cant trade RP at all only some RP items. You have to either trust the seller and give him cash before he buys something for you and hope he gives you the item and not fly away with your cash. Or the other way around you buy the item for RP and then they back off leaving you with item. It can be ok if item is generally wanted but if you're left with some ugly color vanity.. rip.

And MOST IMPORTANT - we cant trade boxes anyway :(

These are not the 'type' of scams I'm talking about here. What you describe has nothing to do with trading RP in particular - this scam can be done while trading anything and we already have plenty of mechanisms helping to prevent this (special price formatting, special confirmation). You just need to pay attention what you confirm.

However with trading RP as is now we don't have in-game trade system for that. In fact we cant trade RP at all only some RP items. You have to either trust the seller and give him cash before he buys something for you and hope he gives you the item and not fly away with your cash. Or the other way around you buy the item for RP and then they back off leaving you with item. It can be ok if item is generally wanted but if you're left with some ugly color vanity.. rip.

And MOST IMPORTANT - we cant trade boxes anyway :(

" Less scams, less reports, less work to do for our dear moderators" your words. If you wanted to talk about specific scams then you should be more specific. But still that scam you're describing will just turn into the scam we already have going around. Even more so. 

" Less scams, less reports, less work to do for our dear moderators" your words. If you wanted to talk about specific scams then you should be more specific. But still that scam you're describing will just turn into the scam we already have going around. Even more so. 

I either gave some bad examples or you didn't really read what you quoted. Even if bad people try to use removing last '0' scam we have a means to detect it and we have it for a year or so. After both parties click ok you get confirmation window. You should read what system shows you and if after getting confirmation you still accept the trade well.. no system can prevent users stupidity sorry.

Anyways this is not a thread about trade scams in general. Lets get back to RP trading. My other examples were about trading items bought by RP. Now about trading real RP. Sometime ago there were people on forums offering to buy RP for your account and you could do whatever you wanted with these points. That kind of trade is really dangerous without some official trade system cause it is not an atomic transaction. You either have to pay like 1m to the player and hope they are legit enough to put RP on your account after they received cash. Or the other way around you may put RP on some users account and hope they will pay you for them after they already got points.

It would be cool if we could trade RP same as money via normal trade window.

Last second price reduction scam has been fixed. You can only increase money in trades now, not decrease.

And RPs tradeable wouldn't change much, people already sell RPs but can also sell specific items for the specific color the buyer wants. This sometimes creates incomprehensions as if I want a Light Red-ish Overcoat, it becomes difficult to explain what color I want to the seller, so I would need to screenshot color selection, and point out using something like paint. Of course I would prefer to just buy the RPs and choose the color by myself, it is easier. What it would do is making donator status and boxes also achievable for the ones of us who don't want to donate.

But obviously very rich people in real life could also get very rich in game by selling RPs, but hey, at least devs get more money so we can get more updates or more vanity items.

I either gave some bad examples or you didn't really read what you quoted. Even if bad people try to use removing last '0' scam we have a means to detect it and we have it for a year or so. After both parties click ok you get confirmation window. You should read what system shows you and if after getting confirmation you still accept the trade well.. no system can prevent users stupidity sorry.

Anyways this is not a thread about trade scams in general. Lets get back to RP trading. My other examples were about trading items bought by RP. Now about trading real RP. Sometime ago there were people on forums offering to buy RP for your account and you could do whatever you wanted with these points. That kind of trade is really dangerous without some official trade system cause it is not an atomic transaction. You either have to pay like 1m to the player and hope they are legit enough to put RP on your account after they received cash. Or the other way around you may put RP on some users account and hope they will pay you for them after they already got points.

It would be cool if we could trade RP same as money via normal trade window.

I was referring to your first post I quoted. I even pointed out to what I was referring to so that is showing you weren't reading.

@Emperior Didn't know that lol

As someone who plays as "Joe", I disapprove this message >.>

Anyways, back on topic. I don't think this would be an issue. There are already multiple ways the devs have given us to avoid scams of this sort. If Naive Billy falls for my- er, Scammer Joe's trick, he kinda deserves it. He won't remain naive for long.