Battle Box

Otulp

Question

So I was thinking since there's the fear of players abusing the PC in secret bases, we could instead have a battle box item, which can be bought with BP. With this item you can store up to three different teams (nu, uu, and ou) in the battle box from the PC in a pokecenter. These pokemon would be available in the battle box inside your secret base. The catch is once you leave your secret base, the pokemon you came with are put back into your party. 

You guys are free to expand upon this :D

14 answers to this question

True. Maybe the battle box can have its own section under the "place decorations" menu in the secret base which might prompt newer players to ask what it is and how to obtain it.
[quote name="SamuraiHunter" post="1198361" timestamp="1451853467" date="Today, 03:37 PM"]
I like this idea all but 1 thing...didnt include doubles or Ubers...because what if people dont fight UU or NU but we have 3 OU teams or 2 doubles teams?

great idea tho[/quote]
Good point! Three teams was just an arbitrary number, more is fine.

Edit: maybe five for every tier? I'm guessing secret bases will be used mostly for team and unofficials so if you need to change teams in the battle box you'll need to go to a pokecenter, just like regular tournaments.

Edited by XelaKebert

Good point! Three teams was just an arbitrary number, more is fine.

Edit: maybe five for every tier? I'm guessing secret bases will be used mostly for team and unofficials so if you need to change teams in the battle box you'll need to go to a pokecenter, just like regular tournaments.

what sucks is that it reminds me of showdown for when we are requested of a battle you can maybe have a choice of which team to play with since you can have multiple battle boxes

While my mind is thinking on it...

What if when you engaged in a duel, and you had your comps assigned to a particular team (sorry for this being similar to showdown i see it already),

Say you went in your PC Box and pre-determined a comp team for yourself say you could have Team 1, and all of your Team 1 Pokemon in your boxes would have a "1" on them or something.

Then when you engaged a duel, you could select the team you use. "Party" or "Battle Box" Then you select "Battle Box, Team 1" and then choose your lead, then kapoof, duel starts. K just throwing that out there. There's probably some way to exploit this so if it isn't good I'll shut up :)

A battle box is an interesting idea but I don't think there should be any so splitting into teams. Just a simple battle box where you put in 6 Pokemon and you are locked to those 6 until you change them. Splitting them into teams just adds a new layer of complexity to the idea.

Allowing players to put mons into teams lets the player play different tiers without having to go back to a pokecenter, and it lets them bring more than one team for a particular tier.

You don't really need to dedicate a battle box to a tier.

Just give the players 5 battle boxes.

And they do what they want with them.

It's up to you to make an OU, UU, NU and doubles.

Or if you're strictly a UU player, you can make five UU battle boxes.

As for the secret base thing, it'd seem we just don't want you to be able to heal our party for PvE purposes.

But having access to your comps for tournament mode in itself isn't really a problem.

So what you'd need is access to your full selection of pokes in your PC, but only transferrable between your PC and Battle box. And leave your party out of there.

Battle box could be added as a 4th menu optino when you open PC alongside your PC, GTL and Mail.

And in the secret base, you'd have all those except "your pc".

You don't really need to dedicate a battle box to a tier.

Just give the players 5 battle boxes.

And they do what they want with them.

It's up to you to make an OU, UU, NU and doubles.

Or if you're strictly a UU player, you can make five UU battle boxes.

As for the secret base thing, it'd seem we just don't want you to be able to heal our party for PvE purposes.

But having access to your comps for tournament mode in itself isn't really a problem.

So what you'd need is access to your full selection of pokes in your PC, but only transferrable between your PC and Battle box. And leave your party out of there.

Battle box could be added as a 4th menu optino when you open PC alongside your PC, GTL and Mail.

And in the secret base, you'd have all those except "your pc".

I think this right here is what could finally kill this "PC in secret base" thing and get it implemented, because I think what we want is to be able to swap around comps for battling INSIDE bases. (I saw something about PokeDailies being hosted in a secret base, which would be cool)

A PC with a system that lets me use these Pokemon(comps) only in the base would be awesome. 

P.S. EVERYONE LOOK AT EGGPLANT'S POST ITS GOING TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM

I feel like the easier fix here is just to disable healing when you put pokemon in the PC and use full PC functionality, even though healing in PvE isn't going to break anything.

If people are battling in Tournament mode their comps will be healed anyway and any other time you use the PC it's right next to Nurse Joy. It'd be slightly inconvenient but I imagine it's pretty simple to implement.

Nonetheless, anything that enables comp inside Secret Bases would be fun.

I feel like the easier fix here is just to disable healing when you put pokemon in the PC and use full PC functionality, even though healing in PvE isn't going to break anything.

If people are battling in Tournament mode their comps will be healed anyway and any other time you use the PC it's right next to Nurse Joy. It'd be slightly inconvenient but I imagine it's pretty simple to implement.

Nonetheless, anything that enables comp inside Secret Bases would be fun.

yeah ik i wish we could disable pc but im almost positive that they wont do that. what egg said building upon the idea kinda fixes the issue imo. id love to get a dev/mods opinion on it.