Alternative way to select battle commands

AFDC98

Question

sos.png

This suggestion is meant for the players who use a controller to play PokeMMO. This system resembles the one in the N64 games:
[spoiler]Captura.png
[/spoiler]

I think this system is more efficient and in my opinion it looks better than the old one. I'm not saying that this system has to be mandatory, but just another option you can enable or not. Is this hard to implement? I don't really know.

I know this isn´t the top priority for devs and it would probably collide with custom themes, but PLEASE, don't post that I am too lazy to press two buttons or things like that because it doesn't help. I prefer this system and I sure would use it. What do you guys think?

3 answers to this question

I'm also playing with a controller and your suggestion seems very weird to me. Personally I would never use it but what's weird is that the original games are meant to be played with a controller and the way they work for any kind of selection is that you have a highlight thingy that you have to move around and press A.

sos.png

This suggestion is meant for the players who use a controller to play PokeMMO. This system resembles the one in the N64 games:
[spoiler]Captura.png
[/spoiler]

I think this system is more efficient and in my opinion it looks better than the old one. I'm not saying that this system has to be mandatory, but just another option you can enable or not. Is this hard to implement? I don't really know.

I know this isn´t the top priority for devs and it would probably collide with custom themes, but PLEASE, don't post that I am too lazy to press two buttons or things like that because it doesn't help. I prefer this system and I sure would use it. What do you guys think?

I love the idea though, but I have a question, how will you select items from your bag? If there is a way to jump that hurdle, then I think you are on to something! Pokemon Stadium for the win!!!

[spoiler]Pokemon Stadium was my introduction to the Pokemon franchise as a whole, so it would be neat to add a bit of nostalgia if this was implemented... (man I also remember that announcer so well... "And there goes the battle!)"[/spoiler]

Edited by Bestfriends

I'm also playing with a controller and your suggestion seems very weird to me. Personally I would never use it but what's weird is that the original games are meant to be played with a controller and the way they work for any kind of selection is that you have a highlight thingy that you have to move around and press A.

If you're playing with a controller, that means you can select menu items normally in-battle using the analog stick/D-pad and whatever button you use to select it. Perhaps that would be how it works once you select the button for "Bag"

I use an Xbox 360 controller sometimes when I hook my laptop up to the TV in my living room, and being able to do this instead of jabbing the analog stick in one direction etc is a convenience.

Remember what I said, it's a "convenience." Not a "necessity."

While it may be awesome for this, it's just as you said -- not a top priority.