Show Off/Discuss Your Uncommon Pokemon

I think I have fought that gladiator charizard in vermillion now that I see that. I read people's names but pay no attention really.  :huh:  Nice pokemon posts guys.  ^_^

Been there, done that you got what you want now xD

[spoiler]

image.png

[/spoiler]

calcs

[spoiler]

252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Gligar: 38-45 (22.2 - 26.3%)   

252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Focus Punch vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Gligar: 72-85 (42.1 - 49.7%)  <no one uses this but I like to look at worse case situations with my calcs

252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Megahorn vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Gligar: 57-68 (33.3 - 39.7%)     <still one of the best defenders for heracross, but will need wish support, knock off, or sleep talk set for the choice band heracross.

252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Low Kick (20 BP) vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Weezing: 9-11 (5.2 - 6.4%)   < (just a damage comparison to weezing vs. heracross)

252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Focus Punch vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Weezing: 66-78 (38.5 - 45.6%)

252+ Atk Choice Band Heracross Megahorn vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Weezing: 52-62 (30.4 - 36.2%)

+2 248+ Atk Ursaring Return vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Gligar: 135-159 (78.9 - 92.9%)       <enough bulk to"counter" to stop some ursaring  sweeps if your revenge killer is dead.

248+ Atk Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Gligar: 67-81 (39.1 - 47.3%)  <can help finish off metagross

0 Atk Gligar Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 72-86 (38.7 - 46.2%)               <with stab EQ (this is vs. 248 HP metagross, they are often like 128 HP or something.)

248 Atk Choice Band Flygon Dragon Claw vs. 248 HP / 248+ Def Gligar: 60-72 (35 - 42.1%)   <many dragon claw trigger happy flygon have met their doom to "counter" gligar.

[/spoiler]

The good:

• A different option for your heracross defender. Resist:fighting/bug/poison. Immune: ground/electric (tpunch).
  • Can help annoy random things like magneton and venusaur depending on the moveset (hidden power) they have.
  • Options for moves: Sky Uppercut. EQ, Wing Attack/Air cutter, Iron tail, Swords Dance (offense), knock off (utility), taunt (skarmory/forretress/weezing switch ins), toxic, etc.

The bad:

• no instant recovery. If you want endurance you need to  run rest with heal bell or wish pass or use a sleep talk set.
  • 4x weak to ice
Edited by bl0nde

My Impish Miltank was created back when it was still UU. It won't work as well in the current OU meta.

Use Heal Bell and Milk Drink to survive anything not being Choice Band Superpower. Body Slam for STAB and paralyze and Earthquake for Metagross and Arcanine mostly.

[spoiler]

q2QjHtj.png73y2VR4.png

[/spoiler]

My Impish Miltank was created back when it was still UU. It won't work as well in the current OU meta.

Use Heal Bell and Milk Drink to survive anything not being Choice Band Superpower. Body Slam for STAB and paralyze and Earthquake for Metagross and Arcanine mostly.

[spoiler]

q2QjHtj.png73y2VR4.png

[/spoiler]

:(

I was kinda hoping to get a peek at MetaGod for scouting purposes, oh well.

Edited by KaynineXL

[spoiler]
q2QjHtj.png73y2VR4.png
[/spoiler]

Could probably replace earthquake with curse and run it with magneton. Ghosts aren't extremely common so it can still win some match ups, have even seen miltank beat a metagross

Could probably replace earthquake with curse and run it with magneton. Ghosts aren't extremely common so it can still win some match ups, have even seen miltank beat a metagross

Exactly. The only phaser in OU right now is Skarmory which is a one shot pony with Magneton in the tier. Curse/Slam is impressive without Ghosts (Dusclops when?)

[spoiler]

image.png

[/spoiler]

Ignore me not having 8 points in the spread, it's an old pokemon I never fixed the EV's. Anyway, I felt like this moveset might have a little viability last week in OU, but I wasn't expecting anything crazy successful. The general idea was to come in on anything with kind of weak special attack (without a psychic stab) and then drum when they needed to morning sun/wish or whatever and also pray that weezing didn't have haze. Then I put a shell bell on it thinking it would take hits due to lack of speed, but be able to shake many of them off by recovering HP from the kills. I found that it just didn't have the damage output I expected and shell bell doesn't recover as much HP as I thought it did. I think the moveset could also be improved. The idea at the time of the design was to use arm thrust to break through magneton subs and be a magneton check. Maybe it could work with some adjustments on the moveset and with some different team mates one day.

Oh dear.. this pokemon i wouln't trade for all the money in the server, because how awesome she and her background are; nowtimes it may not be the best idea, but in its time, oh god, 2010, the times where there was no breeding, whirlwind, roar swords dance and many others weren't implemented, neither was metagross and other fuckers, oh boy, this clef has countless tales to tell about those good old times :') 

[spoiler]mDxI82J.png [/spoiler]

Edited by FNTCZ

Few more bad weird uncommon comps I have:

[spoiler]

Hipster Fly

[spoiler]

4fP7hRX.png

Usually choice banded, no, it doesn't really work well.

[/spoiler]

Aurora

[spoiler]

spYaQBG.png

Actually is pretty good at stall, though I usually like to use encore to let me set up a bdrummer, so works in that way too.

[/spoiler]

Fur Ball

[spoiler]

rwSM53u.png

Hits really hard with a choice band(Double Edge for the extra damage), pretty quick in NU, with ice punch she counters gligars pretty nicely.

[/spoiler]

Spirirtus

[spoiler]

hZNfIFD.png

Spiritus has carried me through many UU battles, disable paired with her ability and typing is pretty crippling to many physical UU Pokemon, especially Choice Banders. Wow is wow. Only problem I've really encountered is pursuit Swellow/Houndoom (Though for Houndoom I can usually escape by disabling pursuit if I win the speed tie.)

[/spoiler]

Fluff 

[spoiler]

zRtPcK6.png

My 1 v 1 champ. Clearly he has his flaws with this move set, however, he is the king of stalls, and the nightmare for any opposing teams without a cleric.

[/spoiler]

Rooi

[spoiler]

ccTFOqz.png

One of my favourite poke in my LC team. Choice Banded she hits unbelievably hard, but she isn't exactly a ninjask in speed, and pretty frail. Still she is always fun for a laugh in NU, and often does surprisingly well.

[/spoiler]

Nox

[spoiler]

kWV8FkC.png

Saw another Noctowl earlier in this thread, tempted to switch ability and get rest like that one, but for now this seems to work. Great Sp Def, toxic stall with protect, Hyper Voice to hit through sub (and Stab) and Night Shade for reliable damage.

[/spoiler]

Shelly

[spoiler]

L3NhZOv.png

Shelly is bad not good, split defenses was probably my first mistake,  however its a different set that I don't see often ever. Secret Power over Return/Bullet Seed, because I used her to make my secret base for an event.

[/spoiler]

Uguu Flower

[spoiler]

SRO6okF.png

Surprisingly decent at tanking Sp Atks, hits harder than expected and lets me pass leech heal to another poke, nothing amazing but he does that job from time to time.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

These are just a few of my bad weird original Comps that I have. Hope you enjoyed them?

Edited by Havsha

Too lazy to log on but

Staryu

Adamant

252 Attack 252 HP

31 Attack IV, rest at 0-1

Rapid Spin / Recover / Return / Toxic

Rapid Spin sweep?

I haven't seen it or tried it. calcs and a view of the whole team would be necessary to see what was the best moveset (imo) :)

hehe, you're quoting me so I will respond. I looked at it 3 times and just couldn't see it at first. However, what I am looking at right now is they are going to send in pory2/chansey/umbreon on it 1st thing. Then you're going to toxic the special wall. If chansey doesn't have heal bell you're going to get a chance to toxic or hit something when the special wall switches out. I keep thinking it would be better if it was mixed because you could not only fake people out, but then take out weezing who absorbs your toxics. However, starmie are not easy to come by so I imagine it's just something you have laying around.

So I just really don't know, but I've found great stuff by sending in things I thought would never work. I swept through a couple of salamence teams before the split with an HP ice pidgeot that I had just laying around. Sometimes it's worth a few tries just for the lols of it, or your case "troll" of it. :P