Electrical Base!

Bestfriends

Question

e57d2f4d030a772386c1b754098149cc.pngElectrical Base!af00ae3d63c593f6ae785fc3337b7aa1.png

Here is why I am purposing this idea, the player is taking advantage of the fact that he/she could heal pokes (PC in Secret Base) and at the same time, I want to have a useful base so I agree with both RacheLucario and Robofeind on certain points. I have an alternative to having a what I call a "floating PC" that I thought deserved its own suggestion thread. I was kind of toying around with this idea and wanted to see if this worked, instead of the plates and monitors, you all remember your electric bills? I have an idea, make electric bills (someone has to pay since you are providing the service). Electric bills pay for your ability to heal, but this also opens the door for other items to be installed that would cost less (like a treadmill for those gym enthusiasts who play PokeMMO *cough* *cough* *DoubleJ*, or have something less gym like that requires power like the ability to turn on your TV that you bought at the Battle Frontier)! Here is the thing I am getting at, it will cost LESS than the recovery item or the computer, here is a chart I am going to make and I'll call it Noad's Electrical Company named after one of my good friends in the game, so lets get started.......

524ebf50b782926fbdce2ae8662d92c9.png Disco Ball = 5K per month

85acc5f07ff45a05eca738827a5009b8.png Refer to Noad's Music Company

Noad's Music Company

Standard Music (PokeMMO Tunes) = 1k per month

Unique Music (Like Eggplant's songs for example) = 10k per month

Tune of the Day (any tune staff chooses to air per week, I think this would be a fun assignment for the staff lounge) = 15K per month

All Tunes = 30K per month

956142b76400638916b5191748971405.png   Treadmill = 10K a month

24c345a87bebbdf68eba0825befd24fe.png Refer to Noad's Cable Company

Noad's Cable Company:

Standard Cable: 1k per month to keep up

Swarm Alert: 15k per month to keep up

Official Alert (letting players knowing when the next offiical is and location):  10K per month to keep up

All Cable Services: 30k per month to keep up

29dab73ff63d7b3ca5da5b7a3451b5c6.png Climate Control Machine (to make your base rain/snow/and give sunshine) = 80K per month

e72603ec86868452324ec2f28460d81a.png Heal Machine = 50K per month

2459b940559c992b74649f3072e026c6.png The Computer = 100K per month

I think have an electrical base would be a nice luxury for those who want something "extra" for their base. I could see numerous amount of possibilities like a "Team Base" or a "Tournament Place" for example. This could also work for that one person who wants to have a "cool" base to show off to friends. Overall, I think that a "power base" option would be a good idea for people who want to use their base as their own personal homes.

Edited by Bestfriends
Slight price adjustment

I think the Radio is a cool concept but it would be abused, so it will never happen.

Part of the grind is having to keep a pokemon with fly on you at all times, and then having to fly to the route / city with the music you like. This adds too much convinience, sorry~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by Breathcore

Yeah there's a huge issue with this, the prices are outrageous. And the fact that the base prices of these items even if they are implemented are going to be overpriced, then what's the point on paying taxes on it?

The Prices are not the problem.The Prices can go down.From what i read that was an example.Staff can put lower prices.

Nice idea, although the prices are quite outrageous (coming from me, possibly the guy who's most willing to invest cash on bases)

Yeah there's a huge issue with this, the prices are outrageous. And the fact that the base prices of these items even if they are implemented are going to be overpriced, then what's the point on paying taxes on it?

Why I made the prices a bit expensive is to prevent a feeling of "entitlement," you are willing to take advantage of your base, so you have to pay the price. In a Pokemon Center everything is "free" because if you think about real life, they are the ones who pay the electric bills, not you. Since you are providing a personal service to suit yourself (and possibly others), you have to pay. I can see teams using the leader's base as a "team hideout." Like if my team leader Leorodo decided to have a party for all YOLO members, he can do that and make the party as cool as possible. He could ask the commanders or our team-mates (including myself) to help him foot the bill for such a luxury or if Greck wants to bring back the PokeDailies, he could ask AURA and the participants of the tournament to help foot the bill for his expenses.

Edited by Bestfriends

I have with me an upcoming hit from Noad's Music Company - a cover of the tune 'River Flows in You' by Yiruma covered by the London Catphony Orchestra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clh_J4HrTro

On a more serious note, the idea to pay for monthly electricity is an interesting one (and solves some of the problems brought up in certain other threads).

For the PC, which has been a topic of recent debate; it's not as easy as just placing one in there and making it available as item, because the tilesets are entirely different and lack the required backgrounds.

A custom one is not out of the question though, it's something to discuss.

I have with me an upcoming hit from Noad's Music Company - a cover of the tune 'River Flows in You' by Yiruma covered by the London Catphony Orchestra:

On a more serious note, the idea to pay for monthly electricity is an interesting one (and solves some of the problems brought up in certain other threads).

For the PC, which has been a topic of recent debate; it's not as easy as just placing one in there and making it available as item, because the tilesets are entirely different and lack the required backgrounds.

A custom one is not out of the question though, it's something to discuss.

Nice cat (makes me want to have a cat without the amount of maintenance required to have one)

If a PC requires a necessary background, then no problem. Have a company called "Noad's Base Renivastions" where the backrounds could be almost like choosing your own home (except this time, there is no "tax" you have to pay to maintain the backround, once you pay for it, your done [since wallpaper and floor tiles don't require electricity]).

Plan Wall and Wooden Floor (15K) = f3ed38371e13699470a4bac1e9fad960.png

Brick Wall and Wooden Floor (20K) = 9bf7d87b9712115370d2f8b5ff126fe8.png

Brick Wall and Tile Floor (40K) = 6b500f385334e4fd181a06ddd6a77e26.png

Noad's Background service could solve that problem.

[spoiler]Noad seems to have a monopoly on all the goods and services....[/spoiler]

Edited by Bestfriends

re-customizing the theme of a base for this sounds like something the people in charge can't be arsed to do

good idea to go with the PC in secret base suggestion though

Edited by XelaKebert
Removed reference to removed content

I like the idea for having radio and climate machine for secret bases but electric bill? C'mon. This seems pretty stressing just by looking at it. Had to grind every month just to paying it.

[spoiler]Yep Bestfriends, this seems too much Noad. Maybe you should come up a better name for this

I like the idea for having radio and climate machine for secret bases but electric bill? C'mon. This seems pretty stressing just by looking at it. Had to grind every month just to paying it.

[spoiler]Yep Bestfriends, this seems too much Noad. Maybe you should come up a better name for this [/spoiler]

I mean, 800k is a lot, but if a team got together to pay the fees, it wouldn't be so much. The boss could even establish a mandatory monthly fee to foot the bill.

800k pe month just to be able to heal / use the PC in one's secret base.. Screw this bullshit m9, get serious.

Electric Bills in pokemon, i do not believe this is a good idea

an ingame radio might be fun though

I don't intend a single person paying the bill, but rather make the team leader a base. What will this do you may ask, well here is a simple answer, this will promote both team recruiting and newer players wanting a team.  This will help promote team recruitment and a certain "dedication" to the team and also help have a "Team Base" so to speak.

I mean, 800k is a lot, but if a team got together to pay the fees, it wouldn't be so much. The boss could even establish a mandatory monthly fee to foot the bill.

Champlooo, you addressed my point beautifully. Its almost like having a "Team Funded" PokeCenter. However, if you are as wealthy as JoshLindsay and provide a "Party Base," that is your choice. Its something that shiny traders can flaunt to their friends.

For the average folk, I think its not a bad idea to have the television service or the music service. You could have the disco ball and treadmill, but I was targeting the audience with a team that is interested in making a "Team Base"  or "Team Party House."

Could you make a laptop or something? Nonetheless, good to read a real inherent barrier to PC in base 

Yes, I think your on to something. If you can't make the PC available, then we need a Leorodo's PC Laptop Company that would help you recover your pokes for a price.

Use a PC Laptop for:

Recovery = 50K per month

PC to access Pokes = 100K per month

All Functionality = 200K per month

[spoiler]I am using a different person as an example so that way my hypothetical market can have some variety.[/spoiler]

Edited by Bestfriends

$400k a month is unreasonable especially because there are no economic rewards from battling in your base.

Cost needs to be up front to encourage players to pick a base and settle down there.

You are paying for the privilege to use your PC in your base not to mention that a PC can recover your pokes one by one.

Maybe you could make it free and when you move, it's gonna cost you and maybe make some small requirements like:

- The player atleast has to have 600 Hours

- The player needs to be active and log in atleast once every 3 days(Problem would be holidays/vacation).

- The player needs to be in a team.

Maybe you could make it free and when you move, it's gonna cost you and maybe make some small requirements like:

- The player atleast has to have 600 Hours

- The player needs to be active and log in atleast once every 3 days(Problem would be holidays/vacation).

- The player needs to be in a team.

This would make what I call "Pay Day Bases" a bit too OP. I was targeting more of the team audience that want to make a "Team Base." I am sure they are willing to pay a monthly fee just for a cool team base. For the average citizen though, I made a possible television and music company. My main focus is team recruitment and dedication. Once the members are recruited, they will have to pay a chunk of the monthly fee and at the same time, you feel like you are a "part" of the team's success. So you can have a "Team Funded Base" or a "PokeDaily Headquarters" (where tournament people will have to pay 10k as an experience fee instead of 5k to suit base costs).

Edited by Bestfriends

it's just not worth $400k a month, no one would use it.

Okay, I do see your point on this. I am going to nerf it to 100K for the computer and 50K for the recovery. The reason why I am doing the nerf is because this is upon request and also to make it more affordable for teams.