What ever happened to Character Customization 2.0?

FuzzyRegirock

Fair question -

It's still in the works.

I know it's been a very long time since it was first announced, and there have been a few sneak peaks here and there.

As with anything worthwhile it's taken quite some time to try and complete, with Halloween and Christmas events this year eating into a lot of time I would have spent on Character Customization.

I've also taken a few small breaks between CC2.0 to work on other parts of the game and not to burn myself out.

And without trying to bore you, my personal life has also kicked in here and there and of course takes priority in certain circumstances.

As of right now (and dare I say it) Character Customization 2.0 is nearing completion.

On my list of things to do I have roughly 10 hairstyles left to revamp, and I will then be going over my previously remade beard, because I really do not like it

This is obviously a positive as there is not much left to do, but hairstyles are the bane of my existence.

Everything in CC2.0 has had a ridiculous amount of time spent on it, to make sure it is up to scratch - this will be the last time I revamp Character Customization and I want to make sure it's been worth the time I've spent on it.

Character Customization 2.0 also comes with some fairly fancy new features such as

• The ability to customize the eye colour of your character
  • Animated hats and hair that swing as you walk
  • Much cleaner animation cycles.

To make up for rambling on, I've taken a couple of quick screenshots from the the game with cc2.0 applied.

I took the liberty of adding eye colours, and these players were picked entirely at random.

I hope you like them as much as I do:

cc2_0.png

Morecc2_0.png

Please be aware that the contents of these screenshots are subject to change as Character Customization 2.0 is not yet complete.

I'd also like to thank Eggplant who has helped me out here and there, some items would still be incomplete if it were not for his helping hand.

I know you work very hard for this character customization 2.0 but please don't fix that electric storm sprite. that new electric storm look very awkward

Desu's Labcoat isn't in the picture

However, it is in this one...

Before

327c5f2293b545a29555c9a5f7d1aab3.png

After

c6f7bb6b95417315b6c92f66e81a4f37.png

Before this video, I was discused with Darkshade about Character Custimization 2.0 for 20 - 30 minutes and there are some things he revealed in my tape (he gave me a statement to read).

5:59 - 11:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIMfpZyZRX0

5:59 - 11:22

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm happy to announce the completion of Character Customization 2.0.
It's been in the making for about a year and a half now.

With it comes a full revamp of every available Vanity Item and Character Sprite in PokeMMO.
Certain Hairs and Hats now sway with the character while they walk,

qtanimation.gif

Animation speeds have been altered on certain animation types to allow for smoother movement, Eye Colour is now selectable,

Character_Customization_Eyes.png

Sections of items have recieved support for not being affected by the colour overlay,

Non_Colour_Support.png

And Players are now able to customize the colour of their Bicycle at any of the Bicycle Shops.

But there is one more thing - following much discussion the colour options have also receieved a revamp:

Colour_Chartalt.png

Colours such as White, Yellow, Orange and Pink are now truly selectable for the first time.

Character Customization 2.0 is available to preview on our Public Test Server, which can be downloaded from here:

https://pokemmo.eu/download_file/?id=2

Why not log on and see how it looks?

We hope you like it.