GTL/Pokemmo Companion app for Android/iOS

Bishav

Question

With the addition of GTL, trading in game has become more easier than before. To take it a step further and increase the number of trades done via GTL, an app for handhelds should be introduced.

A Pokemmo companion app, just like the runescape companion, would give an amazing boost to the trading done in game and also kill our boredom during a boring lecture/funeral.

It can also increase the team/community interaction -if team chat/channel option is added to it.

Here's what runescape companion app for android looks like

[spoiler]bc55e9c989f475ec8beb2e54ea0c6b1d.png

cedd03a6b1194c78d813bab3084b792d.png

[/spoiler]

PvP/PvE battles of battle frontier can also be added when it gets implemented in game.

Rather than making the entire game for mobile devices, why not go forward and make something that's easier, supports the main game and also keeps the players happy/active.

I don't know how much of the development process of handheld pokemmo has been completed, but this can be a good workaround. 

15 answers to this question

if I were you,I will not post thread like this because the gtl is new and the game has become easy so why do you think that the staf will creat an application like this?

and how does this make the game difficult ?

The devs were working on the client for tablets in the past.

https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/58209-pokemmo-for-android-tablets-and-phones/

While this is indeed a not a terrible idea, currently we have a lot of other things on the table. We never dumped idea of having mobile client either, it's just that it required a lot of effort to rework entire client in order not make updating double effort for both versions. At one point I was working on it. Was around 2 years ago, the main issue was tho it required A LOT of work on battle mode support and in the end we just pushed it away. There were also some performance issues in regarding how we're currently rendering our player sprites which was one of the bottlenecks for mobile version. That combined plus few other stuff like UI which couldn't be reused from desktop version, pushed the mobile release into indefinitely unknown time-frame.

Yes it wouldn't be that much effort to implement something like this, but I would rather just start working on mobile version again than having companion app that only let's you chit-chat and trade.

Meanwhile you guys need to satisfy with 2 years old screen  -_-

WbAdd3T.png

The main concern I have is that people with this mobile app will be at a huge advantage from those who don't have it.

I can see where you're coming from if players were allowed to post listings from the app itself. Unless that's not what you're referring to. If it is, the app could be structured to allow only buying and claiming money but not putting up listings.

A companian app shouldn't be priority. I don't think it is something what we really need. The devs should focus on making the game better (new features).

A companion app would be considered an additional feature though. It serves to enhance the user experience within the Global Trade Link and allow players to keep up on their listings if they are unable to get in game to check on them. Additionally, this section is not intended to set priority on anything but serve as a discussion area to gain feedback on enhancements to the overall user experience. Just because Squirtle and Shu responded that does not imply confirmation or priority over other issues that should be resolved.