Shinies should have reduced tax on the Global Trade Link. (or make trade chat global again)

TechNine

Question

Shinies should have reduced tax on the Global Trade Link. Paying 3m per week to list a pokemon up for 60m is insane.

What about the new players who catch a nice shiny and want to list it for it's correct value?

They need to first make however millions needed to list it.
This system will force new players sell shinies for very low if they want to use the Global Trade Link to sell it.

If this can't be done, then trade chat should be changed back to be global-wide, not channel based.
Otherwise it's forcing shiny traders to use to the Global Trade Link if they want to sell to more than 1 channel at a time.

Edited by TechNine

14 answers to this question

I was under the impression that this new system was made to kill forum trading. Hence the closing of forum value discussions.

Chat trading too.

Bought 30+ everstones for under 10k each.

Anyway, I feel that this is a way to stop spamming, through Forum and Trade chat. However at the end of the day nothing will improve unless they make changes to the economy.

Trade corner is still open

Less people have been posting since update , plus it's everyone bumping their thread and nobody actually offering. (Maybe cuz it was Christmas, idk)

Also personally it's stupid  ,  people have been selling shinies double the price they were on Trade chat and not because of taxes because they'd have to be paying 40% tax by that logic.

IMO, the Trade system is dying, we're just too fascinated to notice it yet.

Edited by Imperial

Less people have been posting since update , plus it's everyone bumping their thread and nobody actually offering. (Maybe cuz it was Christmas, idk)

Also personally it's stupid  ,  people have been selling shinies double the price they were on Trade chat and not because of taxes because they'd have to be paying 40% tax by that logic.

IMO, the Trade system is dying, we're just too fascinated to notice it yet.

I don't think it's dying, people haven't had much time to adapt. Give it time.

Is shiny trading dying? Maybe, idk. But GTL is great for normal trading.

So I did a little math and TechNine has a bit of a point. Once a shiny has reached a price of over 2M, its costs more than 100k to post it. Im aware of the money sink they are trying to create, but to lose more than 100k to simply POST / i.e. ADVERTISE a price of something over 2M seems excessive to me. 

Maybe have a cap of 100K for a posting?

So I did a little math and TechNine has a bit of a point. Once a shiny has reached a price of over 2M, its costs more than 100k to post it. Im aware of the money sink they are trying to create, but to lose more than 100k to simply POST / i.e. ADVERTISE a price of something over 2M seems excessive to me. 

Maybe have a cap of 100K for a posting?

That makes much more sense, and has been proposed already, hasn't it?

Hahah, it's just came out. Far from dying. k bro.

Give it a few weeks.

You'll see people complaining about the money sink from people posting , then you'll see people complaining that because nobody has that money to buy stuff anymore , they won't be able to sell stuff. They'll possibly have to remove it and then add the Pokemon back again, charging them again.

Don't get me wrong I ain't bashing the new GBL , but maybe we should tax people if / after we sell the item? Or if after 2 weeks we still haven't sold it we have to pay tax as a penalty?

__

My point in 3 words ... Money Sinking > Trades

Don't get me wrong I ain't bashing the new GBL , but maybe we should tax people if / after we sell the item? Or if after 2 weeks we still haven't sold it we have to pay tax as a penalty?

defeates the purpose of the tax, then it wouldnt prevent people from charging a stupididly high prize for some shit. 

And you would be able to store pokes in GTL aswell.

I agree on switching back tradechat to be global. as its the best place to trade shinies aside from forum. what is even the reason to make it channel based?

defeates the purpose of the tax, then it wouldnt prevent people from charging a stupididly high prize for some shit. 

And you would be able to store pokes in GTL aswell.

I agree on switching back tradechat to be global. as its the best place to trade shinies aside from forum. what is even the reason to make it channel based?

Apparently to prevent Spam, although personally this won't change much as all the spammers will just know CH1 is the most popular based and just direct themselves there.

Ch2 is extremely popular nowadays and I hardly see anyone posting on the chat itself. I look at the listing and it's all overpriced, the 5% tax is just an excuse for them to rip everyone off. Like people have said, it's new and it'll settle down but whoever ends up paying $1,200,000 for a shiny parasect which is one of the most undesired shinies IMO then good luck to them in the business world.

Then again, we can see how useful Value Discussion really was relied on upon some people.